[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order: 10:05(now)pm
There were 12 attendees.
- Joel Oberdieck (Captain)
- Julie Faas (First Officer)
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Meg Callender (Grand Nagus)
- Kenny Albright (Communications Officer)
- Roger Grunkemeyer
- Amy Lewis
- Aaron Nevitt
- C. Adam Scott
- Charlie Truong
- Ryan Woodrow
- Guest: Ray Kremer
Minutes: Summarized and approved.
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
- People signed up for Psi Phi at the Activities Fair. Yay!
- Arizona State University is starting up its own Psi Phi sector.
- Technically, they would be sector 006, but there are no plans as yet to resurrect the defunct Universal Assembly.
- The students in Dr. John Kenny's PHY 202 class know about Psi Phi, as he enjoys Star Trek, and talked about wormholes and Odo on the first day of classes.
- Alumni watch: Former Grand Nagus Jeff Cavanaugh has accepted a teaching position at UIUC, and is reportedly getting a free ride on his poly-sci master's.
- Also, former Captain Seth Robison is now a gofer at Paramount Pictures in L.A. Go Seth!
- Seth has offered to pass along information to David, but he knows what's going on over there already.
- The Trouble with Tribbles expansion is now available for Star Trek CCG.
- Wheel of Fire expansion is out for Babylon 5 CCG.
- The Nagus brought some cards from the Austin Powers CCG, which were scanned and analyzed.
Chief of Operations:
- The current balance is $152.13.
- We have received checks from amazon.com, amazon.co.uk, and amazon.de.
- We basically have a whole big bunch of money; the exact sum is yet to be determined.
- The First Officer Emeritus suggested we re-institute a Movie Committee next week.
- We have small quantities of mail.
- We either have or owe $31.20 on our copying account; we'll check into which it is.
- We have reserved Room 5 in the Student Center for our meetings this semester; however, since tonight that room was locked, we just commandeered Room 6 like we always do.
- We are again sharing office space with the Medieval College Society.
- Conversation turns to the possible merger of MCS and Psi Phi, since all the officers for both organizations are here anyway.
- The Psi Phi flyers and TV schedules for sci-fi shows were passed out at the Activities Fair.
- A Food and Beverage committee was hastily formed to provide snacks for the new recruits at next week's meeting.
- Upcoming season premieres:
- Buffy/Angel: September 26
- Voyager (Season 7): October 4
- Andromeda: October 8
- The sci-fi magazine Amazing Stories has been canceled. It has contained items on Trek, Wars, and B5.
- Another company may be looking into buying the story backlogs.
- Rights to the Star Trek RPG have been bought by Decipher. You can check out the details at www.decipher.com.
- The scripts for 3 never-produced episodes of Crusade can be found online at www.bookface.com.
- A new series of Star Trek e-books is out! The first is Star Trek SCE, the Starfleet Corps of Engineers. Basically, after the Enterprise-D completes a mission, the SCE moves in to clean up the mess.
- The e-book is selling pretty well; currently, it's #2 on the best-selling list of e-books for Barnes and Noble, and #300 on the list of all books.
- You can order it through ebooks.barnesandnoble.com, or try our very own Psi Phi book database at www.psiphi.org.
- Books 9 and 10 of the Star Trek: New Frontier series will be out next week, but David, as always, has brought some advance copies! Yay!
- Also, David has a cover from the Excalibur hardcover in New Frontier, which will be out in November.
- Decipher has been busy; it has also acquired the rights to create a CCG for J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings trilogy, soon to be immortalized in movie form in 2001, 2002, and 2003.
- Talk progressed to the status of the Godzilla: 2000 movie. Apparently, it's doing well. Also, other new movies were mentioned, such as The Cell, the one with the creepy commercials.
- Adam moved that we try to watch Farscape Fridays at 8. David's endorsement: "It's as good as Buffy!"
- Discussion about X-Men: the Movie spirals into specific disorder.
Psi Phi Sector 001 /