[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order: 10:12 pm
There were 15 attendees.
- Joel Oberdieck (Captain)
- Julie Faas (First Officer)
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Meg Callender (Grand Nagus)
- Kenny Albright (Communications Officer)
- Roger Grunkemeyer
- Katie Kilby
- Ray Kremer
- Amy Lewis
- Carl Murphy
- Aaron Nevitt
- C. Adam Scott
- Charlie Truong
- Ryan Woodrow
- Eric Zaleski
Minutes: Summarized and approved.
- Specific disorder ensues during the reading of the minutes.
- The First Officer Emeritus is declared conspicuously absent.
- Seconds later (at 10:25(now)), the F.O. Emeritus arrives, with Carl in tow.
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
No Report Committee:
- A paper airplane was directed toward Katie, who read the report.
- No report. (applause)
- We have reinstated this committee in the hopes of having monthly movies in the Marty Theater.
- Charlie was named chairman.
- One movie put up for consideration was The Wizard of Speed and Time.
- Minutes for the last meeting were taken but are not up yet, since the Comm Officer is a total failure.
Chief of Operations:
- We have lots of money.
- The current balance is $142.09.
First Officer Emeritus:
- Description of the Chief's job is given for the new people: He looks for things to make us go.
- A shameless plug is given for our website at www.psiphi.org, now receiving a million hits a month!
- Our Fearful Leader is proclaimed to be a dismal failure, not to be confused with the total failure that is the Comm Officer.
- All mail is deemed to be propaganda; however, there is no relevant mail for us this week.
- Nominations for a new First Officer took place:
- Julie, Ray, and (gasp!) Adam (shudder) were nominated.
- The club voted to the strains of the famous Star Trek Fight Scene music - Da da da da DA dun-dun-DA dun-dun-DA...
- Julie got 4 votes, Ray got 2, Adam got 1 (thanks a lot, Joel!) and, not surprisingly, there were 6 abstentions.
- Julie is our "new" First Officer. All hail the status quo!
- Julie likes to consider herself the Darth Sidious of the Psi Phi club. We're not quite sure why.
- We also reinstated the T-Shirt committee this week.
- Amy, David, and Julie all opted to be on the committee, and get to fight over who chairs it.
- New Frontier books 9 and 10 are now available, dealing with the adventures of the crew of the U.S.S. Excalibur.
- A new book series, Star Trek: New Earth, is also coming out. It is 6 books long, and deals with the period of time between ST:TMP and TWOK.
- The good news is, they got rid of those ugly costumes! Hooray!
- So many ugly comments that could have been made at this time were held back.
- Also available now is the 800-page DS9 Companion, in glorious black and white!
- David also had book covers for us:
- Swordhunt and Honor Blade are the newest books in the Rihannsu series, by Diane Duane.
- They continue the story from "My Enemy, My Ally," and are due out in October.
- Coming in November/December is The Dark Matters, a Voyager trilogy.
- Taking place during the 6th season, it deals with contact with the Romulans, made during the first season.
- Horrible chaos ensues.
- A good website for TOS can be found at www.thelogbook.com/log/TOSmenu.html.
- The Chief was quick to point out that Mark Holtz runs that site.
- "Flesh and Blood" is the name of the Voyager episode set for November sweeps.
- Talk migrated to several little tricks hidden in the Captain's Chair computer program, including how one can move from the bridge of the U.S.S. Enterprise-D to that of a Klingon Bird of Prey.
- This was followed by absolute silence. It was decided that this would be a good point to end the meeting.
Adjournment: 10:54 (now)pm
Psi Phi Sector 001 /