[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order: 10:06 (now)pm
There were 14 attendees.
- Joel Oberdieck (Captain)
- Julie Faas (First Officer)
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Meg Callender (Grand Nagus)
- Kenny Albright (Communications Officer)
- Chris Johnson
- Katie Kilby
- Ray Kremer
- Amy Lewis
- Carl Murphy
- C. Adam Scott
- Charlie Truong
- Ryan Woodrow
- Eric Zaleski
Minutes: Summarized, annotated and approved.
- Ryan makes a criticism; Joel makes a threat.
- First Officer leaves temporarily in search of soda.
- Carl arrives at 10:10. Yay Carl!
- The Chief makes a funny. All present are horrified.
- The Comm Officer notes that the reading of the minutes wouldn't take quite so long if he weren't being constantly interrupted. Ahem ahem...
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
- Various WWF/WCW remarks are made, to the detriment of everyone.
- A printout of the new "Ensign Redshirt" card from the Star Trek CCG is passed around as the "Card of the Week."
- The motion is made that all reports made under the "Mudwrestling" heading of the committee be strictly about mudwrestling. Motion is approved through fairly unanimous consent.
No Report Committee:
- No report.
- The Captain sent an e-mail to the list, which has been revised by the Comm Officer, so people should know we exist.
- No report.
- Everyone boos Adam's lame report, which lacks its usual demented flair.
- Adam suggests maybe next time he should use sock puppets.
- The Comm Officer suggests they should be clean socks.
- Charlie got the form to use the Marty Theatre.
- The group decided we would watch movies on the third Sunday of the month. Then we changed it to the third Saturday of the month. Then we put off any decisions regarding the problem until next week's meeting, in true Psi Phi fashion.
- E-mail Charlie with your movie requests!
- We have a committee.
- Various vague and offensive slogans for this year's T-shirt are suggested.
- Ray is cracked up by the "Top Ten Loser Borg" idea.
- Officially, there is "no report." E-mail Julie with your T-shirt slogan ideas!
- Minutes are still late being set up, because the Comm Officer has been lazy this week.
Chief of Operations:
- The current balance is $142.09.
- Our amazon.com ties have extended into France! We will now be getting money from amazon.fr, so more money for us!
- We now accept currency in francs, marks, pounds, and Canadian dollars, as well as the gold old greenback.
- [Item deleted from minutes for security reasons]
- A new record has been set by the First Officer for getting out of CHM 161 - only 15 minutes late!
- No propaganda, no nothing!
- The Genesis Wave, Book 1 (of 2), by John Vornholt, is out in hardcover.
- It deals with the explorations of the Enterprise-E after the Dominion war, and the odd wave they find traveling through space.
- David also has a cover for Book 2, due out in April. This book will deal with the aftermath, after they figure out how to stop the wave.
- Many are not happy knowing how the first book ends. Oh, well...
- Star Trek Paper Universe is out in paperback. It shows you how to make little ships out of paper.
- At the mention of ties between Star Trek and origami, the Captain promptly slams his head on the floor.
- Difficulty levels rise from the 10-step Borg Cube (novice) the 51-step Deep Space Nine (origami addict).
- Due out in February is Tooth and Claw, by Doranna Durgin. It deals with Riker and Worf on the Enterprise-D before Generations.
- Also due out in February is Diplomatic Implausibility, by Keith R.A. DeCandido. It explores the possibility of Worf becoming ambassador.
- Coming in January are the Dark Passions books, by Susan Wright. They look at the Mirror Universe before the first appearance of it in DS9.
- Many are enthralled by the nice pictures on the cover. Ryan in particular is a little too enthralled.
Psi Phi Sector 001 /