[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order: 10:05 pm
There were 16 attendees.
- Joel Oberdieck (Captain)
- Julie Faas (First Officer)
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Meg Callender (Grand Nagus)
- Kenny Albright (Communications Officer)
- Marisa Bonomo
- Chris Johnson
- Katie Kilby
- Ray Kremer
- Amy Lewis
- Carl Murphy
- Aaron Nevitt
- C. Adam Scott
- Ryan Woodrow
- Eric Zaleski
- Guest: Chris Kaergard
Minutes: Summarized and approved.
- We are meeting in the Reading Lounge again, because the doors to Room 5 are locked again, and Room 6 is occupied by hostile forces.
- The minutes are summarized in possibly the shortest amount of time on record. There is much approval of this.
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
No Report Committee:
- Adam gives the report in a remarkable falsetto, while managing to massacre Handel's Hallelujah Chorus in the process.
- No report, received with applause.
- No report, since Charlie isn't here.
- The movie A Clockwork Orange was seen by a privileged few on Saturday because somebody let us into the Marty Theatre, apparently more out of apathy than overwhelming generosity. Still, the action was much appreciated.
- The First Officer, who is conspicuously absent, had the list of t-shirt slogans, so it appears not much is going to get done with this tonight.
- Unprompted new suggestions are thrown around, such as "Better geek than Greek" and "Science fiction's last, best hope."
- (see postmeeting addendum)
- The minutes are completely caught up to the moment in time at which you are reading these words.
- Adam makes a comment and is deemed wrong by the Comm Officer. This is the second known documented occurrence of Adam being wrong.
Chief of Operations:
- The current balance is $142.09.
- At this point, it is discovered that the group in Room 6 has abandoned their outpost; a mass exodus occurs.
- Several settling-in activities to our rightful homeworld include demands for a show trial with "Kirk! Kirk! Kirk!", and an honorary bottle-throwing by Adam.
- The comic book section has been added to the Psi Phi Book Database; this means more money for us.
- No report, as the First Officer is conspicuously absent.
- This week we have mass quantities of irrelevant mail.
- A memo and application for money from the SABRC. We do not need money; hence, we shall ignore the message.
- A flyer for the Bradley Day of Dialogue on Race Relations on October 26th.
- A letter from the Lewis J. Burger Center for Student Leadership and Public Service; all present share a good laugh.
- A flyer for a volleyball tournament on October 1st. The Chief reminisces about when Psi Phi had its own elite military volleyball squadron.
- A flyer for a lecture on grief which, in the true postal tradition, was received by us after the lecture had taken place.
- Specific disorder ensues, as the mail is passed around, turned into paper airplanes, and flown across the room by various members, with differing degrees of success.
- David has two prints from Joe's Comics: Rising Stars - Prelude, a reprint of the pilot comic book, and the newest one in the series, Rising Stars #10.
- Star Trek comics now available include #1 - "The Killing Shadows," a TNG mini-spinoff, and the New Frontier comic book "Double Time."
- The Season 7 premiere of Voyager will take place this Wednesday, October 4th, on UPN. They will reshow last season's cliffhanger at 7, followed by the premiere at 8, and then a season 2 rerun at 9.
- Nicole deBoer, DS9's Ezri Dax, was on a recent episode of Jeopardy! as a video clue in the category "SY"ENCE. Dealing with the type of organism her character was on the show, the correct response was "symbiotic."
- Babylon 5 has begun its rerun stint on the Sci Fi Channel. Although the editing has left a bit to be desired, all the episodes are being shown in wide-screen format, which is both cool and quality.
- WYZZ-43 is now running DS9 reruns Tuesday through Saturday at 4:30 A.M., so either get up with the stars or set your VCRs!
- Ryan is hit by bottle artillery for the usual snide remarks.
- In the recent Buffy season premiere, Buffy defeated Dracula, so that answers that question.
- The Roswell season premiere will be Monday at 8 on the WB.
Adjournment: 10:32 pm
- After the meeting adjourned, Carl and the First Officer arrived, so the meeting was re-opened to allow a more detailed report for the T-Shirt Committee.
- After much debate, the tentatively approved slogan runs as follows: "It's better geek than Greek while practicing your maniacal laughter and saying 'no report' in public."
- The slogan has been forwarded to the T-Shirt Committee for final wording and approval.
- Throughout these proceedings, the Captain expressed extreme annoyance at having to reopen the meeting in the first place, and eventually readjourned it, declaring, "Less democracy is good."
Psi Phi Sector 001 /