[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order: 10:05(now)pm
There were 14 attendees.
- Joel Oberdieck (Captain)
- Julie Faas (First Officer)
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Meg Callender (Grand Nagus)
- Kenny Albright (Communications Officer)
- Marisa Bonomo
- Chris Johnson
- Katie Kilby
- Ray Kremer
- Amy Lewis
- Aaron Nevitt
- C. Adam Scott
- Ryan Woodrow
- Eric Zaleski
Minutes: Summarized and approved.
- Ryan was playing some sort of Pokemon Gameboy game Marisa lent him throughout the meeting.
- Its constant beeping prompted an immediate vote to turn the sound off, which was generally unanimous.
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
No Report Committee:
- Psi Phi West, our doppelgänger at Arizona State University, officially exists! Hooray!
- Ray and Chris form an arch behind Adam as he gives the report, for no good reason.
- No report, received with awe and shock, as nobody gets it.
- The official design for our new Psi Phi t-shirts was unveiled:
- The slogans will be "Better geek than Greek" on the front, and "Science fiction's last, best hope" on the back.
- They will be white lettering on a purple background.
- The Psi Phi "dealybob" (alternatively, "deeleybob") will be on the front, where the pocket would be, if these shirts had pockets, which they won't.
- The cost will be around "tennish," with the larger sizes maybe a little extra; the price hasn't been completely worked out yet.
Chief of Operations:
- The current balance is $142.09, same as last week.
- The Chief has been given the go-ahead to put a new, mysterious, exclusive, unique, something-or-other on the website in the near future.
- He would have told us what it was, but then he'd have had to kill us.
- The First Officer declared that Taco Bell was guilty of faulty advertising if they say they're open "late," but close their restaurant in the Student Center at 10:30, which is barely "early evening" for college students.
- According to the sign in the Student Center, the correct name of the restaurant is "Taco Hell." No one seems to have noticed the switch yet; either that or no one disagrees.
- Carl recently had occasion to spill a full container of Mountain Dew. "So that's what that mess was!"
- By special request of the Captain, the assertion that Adam is wrong is hereby recorded in the minutes.
- We have mail.
- Another memo for acquiring funds from the SABRC
- New heights in bureaucracy have been achieved with the new edition of the Student Organization Handbook.
- The suggestion is made that Psi Phi hold a random invitational dance in the Student Center Ballroom, since the A, B, and C rooms combined can hold 550 people, according to the handbook.
- Season premieres coming up:
- Charmed - this Thursday at 8 on the WB
- Dark Angel's repeat of the premiere - Monday at 7 on FOX 43
- Andromeda - Sunday at 10 on FOX
- Adam recommends two websites that provide funny sci-fi related online comics strips: www.sluggy.com and www.downtoearthcomic.com. Included is a scenario where Wesley is assimilated by the Borg and completely blows it apart.
- The sad part of this scenario is that the universe is saved by the Boy Blunder AGAIN!
- The suggestion is made that Wesley should fail miserably one day, and the Federation gets decimated as a result. "Ha-ha, we're all dead, you blew it, Wes!"
- There is another reminder that loud Pokemon Gameboy noises will no longer be tolerated during meetings.
- A discussion ensues over whether the Comm Officer was "wrong" about an item discussed during the pre-meeting's Voyager viewing. The Comm Officer defends his position by stating that he wasn't wrong, merely inept. This is deemed by all to be the weakest excuse in the history of weak excuses, with the possible exception of, "I thought I was Dale."
- "We end this meeting, already in progress."
Psi Phi Sector 001 /