[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order: 10:05(now)pm
There were 15 attendees.
- Joel Oberdieck (Captain)
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Meg Callender (Grand Nagus)
- Kenny Albright (Communications Officer)
- Marisa Bonomo
- Chris Johnson
- Chris Kaergard
- Katie Kilby
- Ray Kremer
- Amy Lewis
- Aaron Nevitt
- C. Adam Scott
- Charlie Truong
- Ryan Woodrow
- Eric Zaleski
Minutes: Summarized and approved.
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
- The movie committee is going first tonight since Charlie has to leave early.
- The next club movie will be on Saturday, October 21. We need suggestions for a movie.
- Suggestions were made and voted upon:
- The Last Starfighter (1 vote)
- Spaceballs (1 vote)
- The Wizard of Speed and Time (0 votes)
- Tron (7 votes)
- Attack of the Killer Tomatoes (4 votes)
- So we will be watching Tron this Saturday.
- Plan A is to commandeer the projector in the Marty Theater like last time. Plan B is to bring a TV/VCR into the theater, and Plan C is to bring a VCR into the fishbowl.
- Also, Charlie comped the cost of the last movie for being half an hour late to it.
- Exit Charlie, stage right.
- The Captain formally protests the selection of Tron as the movie by resigning; however, he reassumes power to conduct the rest of the meeting.
No Report Committee:
- Carl sent a message to suggest another slogan for the t-shirts.
- Written in Braille, the slogan would read, "If you can read this, stop touching me!"
- Many are amused by the slogan. Many are also amused by the follow-up question of whether Carl would even mind people touching him.
- Some purple samples for the background of the shirts will be brought in soon.
- Better price estimates on the t-shirts will be unveiled at the next meeting.
- _____________, received by scattered applause.
- The Comm Officer is hit by the Captain 5 times in response to the Comm Officer asking Adam how many underscores should be included in his report. (There are 13, by the way.)
- There will be a slight delay in getting the minutes out, due to another unforeseen difficulty.
Chief of Operations:
- The current balance is $142.09.
- The Nagus reports that her roommate's father is selling tapes from the closing of a video store, and some of the sci-fi stuff is going pretty cheap.
- The discussion inevitably leads to buying video pornography. The Nagus says she understands the basis for this view.
- No report, since the First Officer is conspicuously absent.
- We received largely irrelevant mail this week.
- Propaganda from Womenspace for Hands Against Violence
- Letter from the Lewis J. Burger Center for Student Leadership and Public Service
- Application for the Who's Who among College Students "blah blah blah"
- In short, many trees were wasted today.
- The Captain also reported that he had seen the first episode of Andromeda, and ruled that his prediction about it being "Hercules in SPACE!" was entirely correct.
- As we all know, the Babylon 5 computer game project was canceled, but Sierra Online made up a bunch of promotional materials for it, and they are now giving them away FREE!!!
- They have watches, mousepads, and posters available, but you can only have either a mousepad or a poster, not both.
- Check it out at either www.sierra.com, or the link there from www.midwinter.com/lurk/ .
- A reminder is made that there are to be no paper airplanes thrown during meetings.
- Midnight Nation #2 is out from JMS Comics.
- Sometime in March or April, JMS will take over the writing for the "Amazing Spiderman" comics.
- The Captain tries to commandeer a Red Dwarf tape the Chief has in his possession, but nothing doing.
- Discussion turns into the many varied methods and justifications for attacking and subduing the French club.
Psi Phi Sector 001 /