[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order: 10:04[(Chemistry!)*3](universal remote)pm
There were 15 attendees.
- Joel Oberdieck (Captain)
- Julie Faas (First Officer)
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Meg Callender (Grand Nagus)
- Kenny Albright (Communications Officer)
- Marisa Bonomo
- Chris Johnson
- Chris Kaergard
- Katie Kilby
- Ray Kremer
- Carl Murphy
- Aaron Nevitt
- C. Adam Scott
- Ryan Woodrow
- Eric Zaleski
Minutes: Summarized and approved.
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
- Adam is delivering tonight's movie committee report by proxy for Charlie.
- The movie will be TRON 1.0, this Saturday from 3:30 to 6 in the Marty Theater.
- Speculation ensues as to why Charlie referred to the movie as "TRON 1.0." There is much chaos.
- General disorder ensues.
No Report Committee:
- The First Officer has found a place in Bartonville (a Peoria suburb) that will make us T-shirts for $6.95 each, with an extra $1.75 for XXL sizes.
- The motion is made to think about the offer and decide on a course of action next week.
- Adam delivers the report in an amazingly accurate rendition of fake Klingonese, complete with a ceremonial bashing of the Captain on the head.
- No report, received with applause, and some sort of dispute between Marisa and Adam.
- Presidental Dictation, hereby inserted at the Captain's request:
- Psi Phi will be reinstituting club dues; however, they will all be charged to Adam.
- The Nagus seconds the motion, and there is much applause.
- The delay in getting the minutes out has been remedied.
- Chain letters are bad.
- The Nagus attempts a bison mating call, for some twisted reason known only to her.
- Inserted in the Comm Officer's report was Ryan's Star Trek CCG Card of the Week. This week was the Dr. McCoy ultrarare from the recent Trouble with Tribbles expansion.
- Ryan had procured one for all to marvel at. There was much "ooh"-ing, but not as much "aah"-ing.
Chief of Operations:
- The current balance is $142.09, same as last week.
- The Nagus seconds the First Officer's suggestion of where to have T-shirts made.
- We have completely worthless mail.
- Propaganda for the Shack-a-Thon 2000; if we participate, we are going to need to get a big cardboard box.
- Yet another reminder that the mail is not to be made into paper airplanes or other projectiles and tossed around the room is blatantly ignored.
- A letter and form for the "Let's Chat" forum to be held on November 1st.
- The suggestion is made that we send someone to the forum to complain about the cheesy form they sent us.
- Also noted were those door-hanger-thingies all over campus promoting Alcohol Awareness week, or some such similar occasion.
- The suggestion is made that we sneak a footprint for DS9's Morn onto the tribute to those who have died of alcoholism.
- Specific disorder ensues about requirements for such a footprint for Morn. Let it be known that we, in fact, would mourn for Morn.
- Due to his failure to restore order, the Captain abdicates (for the second week in a row) and leaves in disgust. He is promptly barricaded by the First Officer. However, he is let back in by Ray, who blatantly ignores the "This door to be kept closed at all times" notice on the second door to do so; the Captain snags a seat in the back and tries to be inconspicuous.
- Meanwhile, the First Officer becomes Acting Captain, Adam becomes Acting First Officer, and Carl becomes Acting Adam.
- Buffy report: Next week, we learn Dawn's secret. The week after that, we learn Tara's secret, and the week after that, we learn-GASP!-Buffy's secret.
- Lots of book covers:
- Maximum Warp Books 1 and 2, available in March 2001. It's a TNG duology set after the Dominion war, where some new form of radiation is resulting in a breakdown of technology.
- Paperback reprints due out in April include Genesis Wave Book 1, and Preserver, the sixth novel "written" by William Shatner.
- A fantasy novel coming out next year is called Entering Tenebrea, which has the singular characteristic of being co-authored by Roxann Dawson.
- At this point, the Captain stages a rebellion that is squashed by Carl, who leads the Captain back to his seat. The suggestion is made that Carl be named Chief of Security.
- Coming in April is Star Trek Trivia Volume II, chock full with 2000 new questions about the various technical aspects of the Star Trek universe.
- David has also received advance copies of Books 1 and 2 of the new Dark Matters trilogy.
- The first two books of this Voyager trilogy are Cloak and Dagger, and Ghost Dance. The third book, Shadow of Heaven, will be out shortly.
- Finally, David has a printout of comments made by JMS regarding the future of the "Amazing Spider-Man" comic book series, available to be read by all interested parties after the meeting.
- Carl's head is about to explode.
- The Captain officially declares a government-in-exile.
Adjournment: 10:36 pm
Psi Phi Sector 001 /