[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order: 10:07[(now)*3](something)pm
There were 16 attendees.
- Joel Oberdieck (Captain)
- Julie Faas (First Officer)
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Meg Callender (Grand Nagus)
- Kenny Albright (Communications Officer)
- Marisa Bonomo
- Sarah Ciampi
- Chris Johnson
- Chris Kaergard
- Katie Kilby
- Ray Kremer
- Amy Lewis
- Carl Murphy
- Aaron Nevitt
- C. Adam Scott
- Charlie Truong
Minutes: Summarized and approved.
- There is a covert exchange of Red Dwarf tapes.
- 15 separate instances of specific disorder ensue.
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
- Our new person came back. Recruitment works! Who knew?
- No report. No movie. No profit. (sigh)
No Report Committee:
- The t-shirts are in and will be distributed following the meeting.
- The "blood-red" shirts actually turned out to be a rather bright red, so purchasers can either prepare to die (as a stalwart redshirt), or prepare to dye (Amy can dye the shirts to a darker red if desired).
- Meg and Chris both reported strange comments from fraternity and sorority members who have seen our new shirts.
- For example, people want to know where we are "located"; when we tell them, they "turn around and walk away." Apparently, we now intimidate the Greeks; mission accomplished.
- Pandemonium ensues as Carl and Adam struggle to give the report, with Carl almost getting locked out in the process.
- No report! No report! No pants! (Don't ask.)
- The force from the blast was strong enough to knock drywall flakes from the ceiling tiles.
- In last week's attendance tally, the Comm Officer somehow forgot to include himself. He demanded a recount, and the fact that he was present last week was externally verified.
- Other than that, things are fine.
Chief of Operations:
- The current balance is $439.09.
- Specific disorder ensues.
- Big updates will be made to the book database starting December 1st!
- Unfortunately, the Chief cannot divulge the nature of these updates as of yet, for security reasons.
- The First Officer was watching Buffy recently; Buffy got staked. Ouch.
- Mail is here that is both present and existing at this time and place concurrently.
- Propaganda from the Bradley H.E.A.T. for World AIDS Awareness Week
- The notation is made that AIDS research, not AIDS itself, is what is being supported.
- The propaganda includes orange paper hands, which the Chief alters into a Vulcan salute.
- General disorder ensues.
- Upon observing that the club has no "Kill Pikachu" committee as of yet, Sarah is nominated to head the "Pikachu Must Die" Committee.
- General disorder ensues, despite various attempts to declare martial law and curtail it.
- Planning for the end-of-the-semester party will now commence.
- Like the Centauri, we will count the number of survivors of the club this semester, and rejoice in our good fortune.
- The following movies were suggested:
- Babylon 5: In The Beginning
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show
- The Sixth Sense
- Return of the Jedi
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie
- Everyone can e-mail other movie suggestions to Charlie, our illustrious Movie Committee chairman.
- Yet more general disorder ensues.
- Due to the increasing frequency of periods of general disorder, the suggestion is made that we appoint a Chief of Security to enforce whatever martial law the officers feel is appropriate.
- Ray is declared Chief of Security.
- The third book of Peter David's Centauri trilogy is available now!
- Unfortunately, David was unable to procure an advance copy as usual, due to a different publisher than usual.
- An upcoming episode of Voyager features lots of Klingons. It is similar to TNG's "The Emissary," which is not to be confused with DS9's "Emissary."
- Strange New Worlds IV, the newest collection of fan-written Star Trek stories in the works, will feature a new version of the Pocketbooks' Star Trek timeline.
- Because David has made contributions to this chronology, the Psi Phi URL will be officially published starting in May! Woo-hoo!
- Rising Stars #11 from JMS Comics is now available. Also, Rising Stars #1-8 will soon be published as a graphic novel collection.
- More general disorder ensues, which annoys the Captain to no end.
Adjournment: 10:54(spatula fork)(polymorph)pm
Psi Phi Sector 001 /