[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order: 10:07±2[(now)*2]pm
There were 13 attendees.
- Joel Oberdieck (Captain)
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Meg Callender (Grand Nagus)
- Kenny Albright (Communications Officer)
- Marisa Bonomo
- Chris Johnson
- Chris Kaergard
- Ray Kremer
- Amy Lewis
- Carl Murphy
- C. Adam Scott
- Charlie Truong
- Ryan Woodrow
Minutes: Summarized and approved.
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
- Confusion reigns; Adam doesn't care.
- Our new person didn't come back this week. Awww...
- The Chief of Security is assigned to find and retrieve her.
- In addition to movies suggested last week, Titan AE and Terminator 2 have been added to the list.
- Movies are voted on to be shown at next week's end-of-the-semester party. Each person was instructed to vote for up to five movies, using a form constructed by the Comm Officer, based on a schematic in his "Voting Ballots for Dummies" book.
- The following movies were selected:
- Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie (9 votes)
- The Sixth Sense (8 votes)
- Titan AE (8 votes)
- Babylon 5: In The Beginning (7 votes)
- Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home (7 votes) (to be used as a backup)
No Report Committee:
- Amy is still getting the dye to darken the bright red shirts to a blood-red. (An easier way might be to put it on, hold a phaser, and get shot by a Klingon, but whatever...)
- Carl and Adam give the report, entitled, "Star Trek (Wars) IV: A New Hope."
- The Captain notes that "absolutely no good can come of this."
- Chris and Ray provide accompaniment, as R2-D2 (Carl) and C3PO (Adam) stroll down the victor's aisle. The R2-D2 trash can ensemble is accessorized with Marisa's purse.
- No report. Hilarity ensues. ("No! Stop the sketch! It's too silly! I warned you about this...thought it was going to be about teeth anyway.")
- The Captain notes that when Adams conspire, there will be pain.
- No further instances of silliness will be recorded in the minutes. (That'll be the day...)
- Those interested in an itemized list of instances of specific and general disorder from last week can see the Comm Officer after the meeting.
- Ryan's STCCG Card of the Week is the ultra-rare Future Enterprise, procured from a single pack of Reflections, and thus ending his five-year quest to obtain one.
- An ad for Part I of Frank Herbert's Dune mini-series, airing December 3rd at 8 on the Sci-Fi Channel, was presented to the Comm Officer.
- Today's Klingon Language Lesson is "veQDuj", meaning "garbage scow."
Chief of Operations:
- The current balance is $439.09, same as last week. A loan currently out will be repaid, since David is unimpeachable.
- The book database will be updated Friday, December 1st. Featuring 10 new pictures of the "New DS9" crew, the first will be Kira: "Her faith will be put to the ultimate test; it will fail."
- A reminder is made that this long-awaited announcement was the subject of the two-month epic of "Twenty Questions with David."
- No report, by proxy of Carl, Acting First Officer, by authority of the conspicuously absent First Officer.
- "This [emphasized] is the content of our mail. Have fun!"
- A red ribbon for AIDS Awareness Week, sponsored by a conglomerate of several Bradley groups
- More Party Business is resolved.
- Ryan has procured the same room in the U-Hall basement as last year for our use.
- Pizza orders are taken by the Nagus.
- Debate rages over a new way to keep beverages cool this time.
- It is believed that our supply of plates and napkins is still in storage in our office.
- David has procured a copy of the third book in Peter David's B5: Legions of Fire trilogy, Out of the Darkness.
- He also has Pretty Maids All in a Row, a Buffy book featuring Spike and Drusilla's adventures during WWII.
- Also available now is a dramatic reading audiobook of Peter David's New Frontier: Excalibur: Restoration, as read by Joe Morton.
- News flash: Syndication rights for TNG, DS9, and VOY have been acquired by TNN, The "National" Network, to be shown in the near future.
- Upon viewing recent Citibank One commercials, Adam has announced that his new dream job is to be a "Repo Viking."
Adjournment: 10:53(now)(cool whip now)pm
Psi Phi Sector 001 /