[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order: 12:24.5am
There were 14 attendees.
- Joel Oberdieck (Captain)
- Julie Faas (First Officer)
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Meg Callender (Grand Nagus)
- Kenny Albright (Communications Officer)
- Marisa Bonomo
- Chris Johnson
- Ray Kremer
- Amy Lewis
- Carl Murphy
- Aaron Nevitt
- C. Adam Scott
- Charlie Truong
- Ryan Woodrow
Minutes: Not read (at least, not initially).
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
- Joel "Scrabble" Fried was here for the pre-meeting movies, but he's dashed off somewhere.
- Movies selected for tonight's party/meeting are being watched and enjoyed.
No Report Committee:
- The T-Shirt Committee, having fulfilled its function, is hereby scrapped for the remainder of the semester.
- Adam sits on Joel.
- No report.
- Not an acceptable report, but fun.
- The first section of the minutes was taken by Acting Comm Officer David, as the Comm Officer was out rounding up wayward party members.
- Our new member, Sarah, has contacted the Comm Officer explaining her absence and expressing continued interest in the club, so recruitment seems to work after all!
- Due to the minutes not being read earlier, they are summarized and approved during the Comm Officer's report. (Yay!)
- Ryan's STCCG Card of the Week is Ezri, the Mirror Universe version from the Mirror, Mirror expansion.
Chief of Operations:
- The current balance is $306.01, after costs of tonight's party.
- The website has been updated, and has been getting lots and lots of hits. Yay!
- Also, the Chief unveils the next picture of the "New DS9" crew, the 100-year-old new commander of the U.S.S. Defiant. His name is unannounced as of yet.
- The Captain curses TNN until the end of reality. "And now, the mail."
- Ray notes, "We've got letters, lotsa letters..."
- A memo designating February as Black History Month
- A large packet of propaganda for Homecoming activities
- The suggestion is made that Psi Phi nominate candidates for Homecoming King and Queen.
- Ryan nominates Adam for Homecoming (Drag) Queen; there is much approval.
- Carl is apparently having some sort of nervous breakdown; however, no one seems to care.
- There's a party going on.
- [Item deleted for security reasons.]
- The Babylon 5 movie River of Souls will be airing this Friday, December 8th, at 8 and 11 on the Sci Fi Channel.
- Parts I, II, and III of the TV mini-series Dune will be airing Sunday, December 10th, from 12 to 6, also on Sci Fi.
- David has a sneak preview of the cover for the first book in the new DS9 series: Avatar, Book One (of Two), by S.D. Perry. The picture features Kira, Picard, and an Orb.
- All current officers are hereby renominated for the same respective positions.
- Also, Carl is nominated for every office except Chief of Operations, since no one can rival David.
- A Remote Control Committee in the near future is deemed highly unlikely.
- Results of elections are as follows:
- Captain: Joel (9), Carl (2), 3 abstentions - Joel wins.
- First Officer: Julie (8), Carl (3), 3 abstentions - Julie wins.
- Chief of Operations: David (13), 1 abstention (Charlie!) - David wins.
- David is sad because he was not unanimously elected. (Blame Charlie!)
- Grand Nagus: Meg (8), Carl (2), 4 abstentions - Meg wins.
- It seems that the Nagus couldn't understand the ballot and so abstained from voting for herself!! (Either that, or she slept through the vote; the situation is currently under investigation.)
- Communications Officer: Kenny (10), Carl (2), 3 abstentions - Kenny wins.
- It is still unknown at this time who cast the "phantom ballot" in that last race...
- Carl: "Yeeeipong!"
- The Reign of Terror shall continue.
- The Captain notes that he will not seek another term as captain beyond this spring. He's not graduating; he just wants more time to sleep.
- Joel's Syndrome is hereby defined as when one seeks to oppress, enslave, and dominate - and fails. Miserably.
Adjournment: 1:01 (whipped cream)am
Psi Phi Sector 001 /