[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Welcome to the first minutes of the new millenium!! (Or of the new year, if you're picky) If you read nothing else, look in Scifi News to read about the Conference we might go to.
Call To Order: 10:05pm
There were 11 attendees.
- Joel Oberdieck (Captain)
- Julie Faas (First Officer)
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Meg Callender (Grand Nagus)
- Steven Noto (Communications Officer)
- Kenny Albright
- Carl Murphy
- Aaron Nevitt
- Monica Prorok
- C. Adam Scott
- Ryan Woodrow
Minutes: Not even mentioned.
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
- The movie committee needs volunteers to continue to exist. Any volunteers? (long awkward silence follows)
- OK, the movie committee will be no more unless interest in a weekly or monthly movie increases.
- June will bring us the "Trouble with Tribbles" expansion to Decipher's Star Trek CCG. Start saving your credits now...
Communications Officer #1:
Communications Officer #2:
- The minutes will be more up-to-date this year.
- The new Comm Officer will be taking over in mid-semester, to carry on the great, proud tradition of writing notes and making bad jokes that only the other officers can hear.
Chief of Operations:
- Ummm.......... No report.
- An exclusive interview with John Ordover, Executive Editor of the Star Trek novels, is now on the web at www.psiphi.org. Read the news about Star Trek and New Frontier novels.
- A Star Trek trivia contest will accompany the release of the Star Trek trivia book at www.psiphi.org. Ten grand prize winners of the month-long contest will win free copies of the book!
- The current balance is about $150 or so from last semester.
- Add the following amounts to that:
- + $1.65 from T-shirt sales
- + some amazon.com money, less taxes
- + half of $42.29 so far for this quarter at amazon.com
- - $35 for re-registration of the psiphi.org domain name.
- Mountain Dew has a shelf-life of four thousand years.
- No report.
- A flyer saying to SAO that we changed 1/2 of an officer
- A packet for Campus Carnival (3/4/00, a collection of games and booths in the Fieldhouse for students' siblings on Siblings Weekend)
- Meeting Room 4 has been reserved for us this semester, but it's as miniscule as Shatner's singing talent. We'll try to get a bigger room.
- On February 12/13 in Champaign IL, there is a Star Trek Conference in the Clarion Hotel. The actors for Tom Paris, Belanna, Rom, Lita, Neelix, and the Doctor will be there in addition to some original Lost in Space actors. It's $20/person/day, or $50 with autographs Saturday, $30 with autographs Sunday. There might be a group rate, and we can maybe get a BU van, and the treasury can help people pay, but we need to know who's interested. Email the list (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are.
- William Shatner commercials are worse than the last Voyager episode - they're harder to evade.
- [Voyager Spoiler Alert!!] A certain character will be in a Voyager episode this May, and if you hate spoilers don't keep reading to find out that the character's name rhymes with 'less.'
- Galaxy Quest is out and is great! It's partially a spoof on Trek fandom, partially just a good movie.
- George Lucas should re-release a "very special edition" of Star Wars just to sink the Titanic.
- Star Wars Episode II is due out in 2002.
- Book News:
- Dave's revised list is now in the back of Pocket Books books, such as:
- Strange New Worlds I + II, paperback
- Gemworld I + II, out soon
- The Klingon Hamlet, out soon
- BCON, MCS's gaming and anime con, will be February 26/27 in the Student Center.
- UPN in Peoria is now "on its way." It will move to channel 14 at some point. 14 (Showtime) will move to 58, and 58 (TV Guide) will move to seventy-something.
Psi Phi Sector 001 /