[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order: 10:05pm
There were 10 attendees.
- Joel Oberdieck (Captain)
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Meg Callender (Grand Nagus)
- Steven Noto (Communications Officer)
- Kenny Albright
- Aaron Nevitt
- Chris Paluch
- Monica Prorok
- C. Adam Scott
- Ryan Woodrow
Minutes: Summarized and approved.
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
No Report Committee:
- Second Anthology for Star Trek CCG was released over break.
- The computer game Star Trek Armada from Activision will feature a preview card for the U.S.S. Jupiter.
- Ryan brought his card collection to the meeting for all interested persons to peruse.
Chief of Operations:
- Com1: We are stepping up the transition between officers.
- New title suggestions for Com1 include Honorary Com Officer and Com Emeritus.
- Com2: The use of the Greek letter delta has been stricken from tonight's minutes.
- The Trivia Contest is underway. Ten days down, four to go.
- So far, there have been 125 contestants, with 3 perfect scores.
- The current balance is $147.98, same as last week.
- We're still waiting for the money from amazon.co.uk.
- The Captain hit Com2-->1 with the mail.
- No report, due to the conspicuous absence of the First Officer.
- There is relevant and irrelevant mail this week.
- A signup sheet for the Bradley Ambassadors
- Activities Council needs gruntwork for concert
- Also, a humongous pack of nominations/applications for scholarships/awards that is pretty much useless to us
- The relevant mail included a form to keep our Psi Phi office for next year.
- There was also a nomination form for "Student Organization of the Year".
- After several minutes of raucous laughter, the meeting continued.
- March 26 was William Shatner's birthday. Happy Birthday, Bill!
- Dave has an advance copy of Inferno, the third book in the Deep Space Nine: Millenium trilogy.
- Com2 has a bout of temporary insanity.
- Dave is shutting down the Voyager section of the website so he can focus on keeping the Star Trek book database in peak condition.
- Several rumors about Voyager's season finale seem to indicate a sort of "Borg Variety Hour," like a "Dark Frontier" plus the equivalent of an "Insurrection" within the collective.
- Also rumored is that Voyager will introduce the background and cast for a new series, but not one involving the adventures of Captain Sulu.
- The UPN station in Peoria currently airing Voyager really, really needs advertisers!
- The possibilities of buying ad spaces on UPN to advertise Psi Phi T-shirts, ad space on UPN, and nothing at all were each explored.
- The second season of Farscape has begun! It currently airs on the Sci-Fi Channel Fridays at 7.
- Watch for Robin Williams singing "Blame Canada" at the Academy Awards March 26!
- General disorder ensued.
Psi Phi Sector 001 /