[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order: 10:07pm
There were 14 attendees.
- Joel Oberdieck (Captain)
- Julie Faas (First Officer)
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Meg Callender (Grand Nagus)
- Steven Noto (Communications Officer)
- Kenny Albright
- Kate Cavanaugh
- Carl Murphy
- Aaron Nevitt
- Chris Paluch
- Monica Prorok
- C. Adam Scott
- Charlie Truong
- Ryan Woodrow
Minutes: Summarized and approved.
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
No Report Committee:
- The new expansion for Young Jedi CCG, Battle of Naboo, has been released. This third expansion for YJ will include a special foil set.
- The Pokemon Team Rocket expansion will make its debut this month. Apparently, it will be a "Mirror, Mirror" version of Pokemon.
- No report.
- Adam is on the table for tonight's report.
Chief of Operations:
- The minutes are being adjusted.
- There were 10 winners in the trivia contest, out of 159 entrants.
- While no one got a perfect, some people came close. 3 people missed 1 question, 2 people missed 2, 3 missed 3, and 2 missed 4.
- Carl has available a 486 computer, with 1.2 gigs of memory, 8 megs of RAM with 3 expansion slots, and a working CD-ROM, for use with the Psi Phi website.
- The current balance is $147.98, same as last week.
- Julie is back this week, with an idea.
- Only 4 and a half weeks left until the Chem 166 final.
- Specific disorder ensued.
- Item for the Presidential Round Table. Seth went; Joel's enthusiasm for it defies words.
- Pokemon and kazoos make it into the Captain's mail report.
- Flyer for next year's freshman Orientation binder; we need to put something in it
- We'll need 1200 copies of our page by May 3
- Ryan will see about getting the copies; at 2.9 cents per copy, the cost should run about $34.91.
- Hillel is sponsoring a reading of the names of those lost in the Holocaust for 24 hours, 5 pm April 24 through 5 pm April 25.
- Application for Student Volunteer Award is met with raucous laughter.
- Flyer for a speech on Body Image in Today's Society; the Captain has no comment.
- Student Senate propaganda; debates for the upcoming election were today.
- One of the candidates has the last name Cocayne; discussions begin about cocaine.
- General disorder ensued.
- There was talk about setting up a Red Dwarf marathon near the end of the year. Plans are still in the formative stages.
- Captain's order to "shut up" nullifies general disorder.
- Babylon 5 is moving to the Sci-Fi Channel! Woo-hoo!
- Starting September 25th, Sci-Fi will show B-5 weekdays at 6 pm.
- The run will include all 110 epsiodes, as well as the 5 movies.
- However, current plans indicate that Crusade will not be picked up.
- We get Farscape episodes before New Zealand does, for a change.
- John Ordover will OK a new Captain Sulu book only if he gets 1000 letters from fans requesting such.
- The deadline for letters is May 1. Here's the address: Captain Sulu c/o John Ordover, Pocket Books, 1230 Avenue of the Americas, New York, NY 10020
- The Chief says to write letters!!!
- Out this week on video are Star Wars Episode 1, as well as episodes 1-6 of Voyager's first season.
- Tonight on Biography: William Shatner! With priceline.com commercials in between! (Run for the hills!)
- Rumors on the 10th Star Trek film:
- Probably will be the last with the Next Generation cast
- Patrick Stewart said he'd like to see it pick up right where Insurrection left off, and conjectured that it would be Worf's last movie
- This is not necessarily what might happen, though
- Another idea was that Data might meet his doom in the movie
- Unimatrix 0 rumors include Janeway becoming the new Borg Queen, and a liaison between Janeway and Seven.
- Adam is disturbingly enthusiastic with regard to this last rumor.
- New series rumors include one based on the Birth of the Federation
- Would there be room for a future timeline twist?
- Adam thinks George Lucas should apologize for and remake Episode 1.
- Entertaining thought: Kirk seduces Borg Queen!!
Psi Phi Sector 001 /