[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order: 10:03(now)pm
There were 13 attendees.
- Joel Oberdieck (Captain)
- Julie Faas (First Officer)
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Meg Callender (Grand Nagus)
- Kenny Albright (Communications Officer)
- Carl Murphy
- Aaron Nevitt
- Steven Noto
- Chris Paluch
- Monica Prorok
- C. Adam Scott
- Charlie Truong
- Ryan Woodrow
Minutes: Summarized and approved.
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
- Kate, chair of the committee, has already chosen one movie to be shown at the end-of-the-semester party. She will not reveal which movie it is. Her authority to personally select a movie is considered dubious at this time.
- Feel free to send Kate your movie ideas.
- In keeping with tradition, any graduating members can pick a movie for the party.
No Report Committee:
- 50 new Pokemon characters have been released in the latest Pokemon CCG expansion.
Chief of Operations:
- The minutes are caught up. Yay!
- Same as last week.
- Next week we'll record a pizza order for the party.
- Carl and Julie have invented a new Pokemon character: Chemistry!
- It's essentially a Bunsen burner with arms.
- Utterly irrelevant mail.
- Marc Adelman, student body president, has sent propaganda for the Student Senate Interim President Reception. Joel will not be attending.
- Alpha Phi Omega's Clean Up Peoria drive will be Saturday, April 29, starting at 8:30 AM.
- As part of the Captain's campaign to promote decay, the statement is made that sleep should always take precedence over civic duty.
- Relevant mail: We are checking whether our applications for next year's office space and table at the Activities Fair have been processed.
- Ryan is almost finished with the flyer design for next year's freshman binder.
- Adam motions that at least two people must now motion to have the minutes read in order for them to be read each week. Motion passes 6-5, with two abstentions.
- The Comm Officer points out that all it would take to ruin Adam's plan are two people who want to hear the minutes read.
- The Captain says he will probably motion to hear the minutes read each week, simply to annoy Adam.
- Nominations for next semester's officers:
- In order to train freshman for command, the motion was made that we should not vote for the First Officer's position until next semester. Motion carries 11-0, with two abstentions. We'll vote for the other positions at the party, as usual.
- Chief: David was pretty much nominated by everybody.
- Comm Officer: Kenny was nominated, since he's been properly trained for the position.
- Captain: Joel and Julie were nominated. Much growling and barking between the two followed immediately thereafter. Julie offered to just kill Joel and eliminate the need for a vote.
- Nagus: Meg and Ryan (Meg Ryan?) were nominated, not counting several "joke" nominations.
- New book covers:
- Books 3 and 4 in the Rihannsu series, Swordhunt and Honor Blade, by Diane Duane. The TOS-era books should be out this October.
- Star Trek Aliens and Artifacts, dealing with makeup and props for the show, by Michael Westmore and others. This should be available in October or November.
- Star Trek Paper Universe, or how to make origami starships, coming this September.
- The Captain is in a state of total shock at the idea of a Star Trek origami book.
- David has received a manuscript copy of Book 9 of the New Frontier series, 5 months ahead of the bookstores.
- Plans to publish it on the web and blame John Ordover fall though, largely because they could easily track the culprit to one of three people: Ordover, the author, or "the web guy."
- David mentions that one of his domain names is "sunnydaletimes.com", from the Buffy show.
- The Nagus again wins her wager that Buffy is mentioned at least once each week.
- WWF star Chyna will be starring in "Alien Fury" on UPN in the near future. Watch for it!
- There is speculation about Christopher Walken getting a role in Episode 2.
- Four members state that they would pay money to see Christopher Walken play the role of Jar Jar Binks.
- Horrified and disgusted at this result, the Captain abruptly leaves. The First Officer adjourns the meeting.
Psi Phi Sector 001 /