[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order: 10:03 (now)pm
There were 14 attendees.
- Joel Oberdieck (Captain)
- Julie Faas (First Officer)
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Meg Callender (Grand Nagus)
- Kenny Albright (Communications Officer)
- Kate Cavanaugh
- Carl Murphy
- Aaron Nevitt
- Steven Noto
- Chris Paluch
- Monica Prorok
- C. Adam Scott
- Charlie Truong
- Ryan Woodrow
Minutes: Summarized and approved.
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
- The flyer for next year's freshman binder has been completed!
- Copies will be made; reportedly, we can save money if we use our account with duplicating.
- People are ticked at Kate, but it turns out she mentally noted our movie requests, then promptly forgot them.
- A paper was passed around. We'll vote for the movies during new business.
No Report Committee:
- Wizards of the Coast has announced some new CCGs it is designing:
- Major League Baseball Showdown 2000 CCG
- Harry Potter CCG (barking by members at this, for some unknown reason)
- Looney Tunes, X-Men, and WCW Nitro CCGs
- Wizards is bringing some WCW wrestlers to Origins, the Ohio CCG convention, to popularize this last CCG.
- Magic: The Gathering is updating the backgrounds of its cards.
- Mention of the newly released Team Rocket expansion for Pokemon CCG lead to the observation that Pokemon is "cardboard crack for children." Carl chimes in with a "Chemistry!"
- Other CCGs in the works include DigiBattle and Sailor Moon.
- ("Medieval Times" homage with a musical interlude): No report.
Chief of Operations:
- The job was enjoyable. Hail and farewell!
- The current balance is $124 + some change.
- There should be enough to cover the cost of the flyers and the party.
- Some changes have been made to "Chemistry!", Psi Phi's own lovable little Pokemon.
- Chemistry now has no arms, but three powerful attacks: the Tailwhip, Blue Flame Spurt, and a Gas Attack.
- Captain hits the Comm Officer for remarks on various types of gas attacks.
- More irrelevant mail.
- A flyer for the B.E.E.R. drive, which is already over. Now we know why they call it "snail mail"...
- Status still unknown on whether or not we have secured office space or a table at the Activities Fair for next year.
- Collective party planning will now commence.
- A room in U-Hall has been reserved; we're still working on a projector.
- Even-numbered Trek films don't suck.
- The movies which we have decided on showing at the party are the following:
- Mystery Men
- Galaxy Quest (out on video May 2, the day of the party)
- The Empire Strikes Back
- Mars Attacks!
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Babylon 5: In the Beginning (our backup movie, to be shown if we can't get something else)
- Our pizza order for the party will be the following:
- 2 cheese, one with stuffed crust, one without
- 1 stuffed crust pepperoni
- 1 stuffed crust ham and pineapple
- 1 regular sausage
- So, the party will start at 7:00 P.M. in the basement at U-Hall. Be there!
- The season finales for the Buffy and Angel series are May 23; Voyager's finale is May 24.
- The Captain has again lost his bet regarding whether or not Buffy is mentioned at every meeting.
- The Chief and the Comm Officer conspire about keeping Buffy in the minutes, so that the Captain will lose his bet every week.
- The Captain tries to hit somebody, but the Chief is too far away, and the Comm Officer has already been hit tonight.
- The first meeting of next semester will be a planning meeting for current members only. It will be the first day of classes. We also need to see about reserving rooms for next year.
- Rampant rumors abound of the new Star Trek series. Possible title: Star Trek: Enterprise.
- The new series may deal with the adventures of the S.S. Enterprise prior to the founding of the Federation.
- The Comm Officer is hit for a third time by the Captain due to his remark that the Captain, while claiming to hate the idea of making little origami starships, has been tearing up the mail into geometric pieces, as though he were attempting to do so.
Adjournment: 10:58 (now)pm
Psi Phi Sector 001 /