[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order: 12:00 (now)am
There were 14 attendees.
- Joel Oberdieck (Captain)
- Julie Faas (First Officer)
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Meg Callender (Grand Nagus)
- Kenny Albright (Communications Officer)
- Kate Cavanaugh
- Carl Murphy
- Aaron Nevitt
- Steven Noto
- Chris Paluch
- Monica Prorok
- C. Adam Scott
- Charlie Truong
- Ryan Woodrow
Minutes: Summarized and approved.
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
- The agreed-upon films for tonight's end-of-the-semester party were procured.
- We were able to watch four of the five movies. Here's the lineup:
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
- Mystery Men
- Galaxy Quest
- Mars Attacks!
- All the movies were thoroughly enjoyed. We ran out of time, so The Empire Stikes Back got cut. Oh, well, there's always next year...
- The flyers for the freshman binder are in the office.
No Report Committee:
- Recent reports are that Pokemon CCG has been banned in the UK due to the number of stabbings over the cards. This is another example of how Pokemon CCG is nothing more than "cardboard crack for kids."
- The Darth Maul foil card in Young Jedi CCG has been selling on ebay.com for around $60.
- Related to mudwrestling, WWF's The Rock won back the World Wrestling Federation championship from Triple H at Backlash earlier in the week. Let's hear it for the man's soap opera!
Chief of Operations:
- The minutes for the semester are all caught up.
- The Chief conducted a statistical analysis of the logs for hits on the Psi Phi website during April.
- Approximately 36,000 separate individuals have visited our site in the past month! Woo-hoo!
- A new comic book section is being added to the Star Trek book database, which means more money for us.
- The current balance is $124 - 35(flyers) - 70(pizza) - 23.49(party food) - 11.36(movies) + 140(from amazon.com) = a grand total of $152.13.
- We've already got enough for next semester's party!
- The First Officer's report consisted of various rants about how today's kids are getting out of control, due to lazy, apathetic parents.
- Several members agreed, launching into several statements which bordered on social Darwinism.
- Not even worthless mail this week.
- Still no word on whether or not we have an office for next year, but if we don't get one, we'll just commandeer it anyway, so no big deal.
- Elections for four out of five positions took place. The First Officer's position will be dealt with next semester.
- Captain: In place of campaign speeches, Julie and Joel competed in a no-holds-barred pillow fight to the death. Final Results: Joel-8, Julie-5, with one abstention.
- Chief: David was running unopposed, but he had a pillow fight with himself anyway. Results: David-14.
- Nagus: Meg and Ryan ran for this position. Results: Meg-10, Ryan-3, with one abstention.
- Comm Officer: Kenny was running unopposed. Results: Kenny-13, with one abstention.
- We missed the Buffy and Angel episodes this week, which took place shortly before the party started.
- The Captain again lost his bet with the Nagus regarding whether Buffy is mentioned at every meeting.
- The Captain motions that the effects of the bet being entered into the minutes does not spread over into next semester, so that the incoming members don't get too confused. Requiring a 2/3 majority, the motion fails 6-8. The Captain considers using a Captain's Order to override the vote.
- There will be no formal group meeting this Wednesday to watch Voyager and Stargate SG-1, but three people have agreed to meet anyway.
- Adam is currently play-testing a RPG of his own design.
- Also, Adam completed his research for the werewolf paper he was writing. He used a RPG, two movies, and a book, titled The Silver Wolf.
- David has books tonight, all of which will soon be available on the website!
- Vulcan's Heart, now out in paperback
- DS9 novel A Stitch in Time
- Strange New Worlds III, the collection of fan-written stories. The cover of this one is adorned with items from the various Star Trek series.
- TOS comic book, All of Me
- TNG Embrace the Wolf, a book continuing the story from the episode "Wolf in the Fold"
- Charlie found an interesting website, run by college students, called "Mechanized Propulsion Systems," or something similar.
- The site is dedicated to the construction of a fully functional amine-type mobile suit.
- Also, some sci-fi-related movies to look for this summer:
- Red Planet
- Battlefield Earth
- Mission Impossible II
- Chicken Run (NOTE: The trailer for this was seen on one of tonight's movies. It is a Wallace and Grommett-style animated feature. It's not strictly sci-fi, but it looks hilarious!)
Adjournment: 12:25 (whenever)am
Psi Phi Sector 001 /