[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order: 10:01 pm
There were 19 attendees.
- Julie Faas (Captain)
- Katie Kilby (First Officer)
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Joel Fried (Grand Nagus)
- Chris Kaergard (Constable)
- Kenny Albright (Communications Officer)
- Kristi Aulenbach
- Marisa Bonomo
- Bryce Callighan
- Chris Johnson
- Andrew Kalafut
- Doug King
- Carl Murphy
- Aaron Nevitt
- Joel Oberdieck
- Don Steiner
- Rachel Weinberg
- Landon "Pistachio Madness" Winkler
- Ryan "Dirk Diggler" Woodrow
Minutes: Summarized and approved.
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
No Report Committee:
- We are meeting in the Marty Theater tonight, since all the other rooms are locked.
- David comes up to the podium.
- No report.
- Landon, Rachel, and Anti-Joel sing the "Armchair Sonata."
- Prepare to be burgled!
- No report.
- The Constable restores order.
- The minutes from last week are up.
- The mailing list is updated.
- Writing at the podium makes the Comm Officer feel like he's taking the minutes in a Dickensian countinghouse.
- "So...is it zip, fasten, or fasten, zip?" "Let's talk socks."
- Everything's under control.
Chief of Operations:
- The current balance is $17 and many IOU's.
- The real current balance is $400.66, same as last week.
- The Chief comes up to the podium.
- Come visit the site. The site is nifty.
- BIO 223 [item deleted for security reasons].
- Chris K. sings "Letters."
- A letter for the BU Dance Marathon
- The registration form that allows us to exist is currently being signed by the officers, and will be turned in soon.
- We have secured Neumiller Hall for the premiere of Enterprise two weeks from now.
- We're still working on actual viewing capability.
- We will be meeting in Room 5 for the rest of the semester, so Kenny at least will have a table.
- The T-Shirt Committee's function is explained.
- The shirts will probably be ordered from the same shop as last year.
- Anti-Joel nominates Carl for chairperson, since Carl is not here (yet), thus keeping with tradition.
- Joel nominates himself.
- The Movie Committee's function is also explained.
- Chris J. nominates Carl.
- Carl arrives at 10:28.
- Rachel remarks that Carl "looks like a Backstreet Boy."
- Joel is elected chairperson of the T-Shirt Committee, with Carl and Bryce as members.
- Julie is elected chairperson of the Movie Committee, with Carl and Bryce as members.
- David comes up to the podium.
- Due to the events of 9/11, Hollywood has effectively stopped all productions.
- X-Files was shooting in New York City, so they may have to re-shoot some scenes.
- David has the book covers for ST: Gateways books 5 and 6, due out next month.
- Coming out in November will be a paperback reprint of New Frontier #11, as well as #12 - "Being Human" (originally titled "Walk Like a Man"), by Peter David.
- Also available in November will be the hardcover edition of ST: Gateways #7; it contains a collection of short stories about the captains in the series.
- Available in January will be "In the Name of Honor," a TOS book set between ST:V and ST:VI. Captain Kirk has to team up with a Klingon to effect a rescue of prisoners.
- Also coming out in January will be ST: Starfleet Corps of Engineers: Book 1, a collection of the first four e-books.
- When asked what an e-book is, Carl responds, "Like an ewok, but..."
- The second Farscape novel, Dark Side of the Sun, by Andrew Dymond, is out now.
- The 3rd book in the Buffy/Angel crossover trilogy, Long Way Home, is also out now.
- TV Guide has info on several new sci-fi shows, including Enterprise, Smallville, and Wolf Lake.
- Chris J. has brought a copy of Wired: "I am promoting a magazine this week."
- Said magazine includes much info on the Lord of the Rings movies as well as a cool ad for the premiere of Enterprise.
- Wolf Lake was supposed to air tonight on CBS, but has been postponed.
- The X-Files movie and Independence Day were supposed to be shown this Friday and Sunday respectively on FOX, but have been replaced with "happy smiley movies," namely, Mrs. Doubtfire, and Nine Months.
- Marisa is once again a proxy bap zone for David. (Yeeeipong!)
- Ryan notes that Maxim Magazine is having an online vote for which photo of Enterprise's Jolene Blalock should make the cover of the next issue.
Adjournment: 10:43 [(Yeeeipong!)*2]/phaser blast/pm
Psi Phi Sector 001 /