[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order: 10:00 pm
There were 16 attendees.
- Julie Faas (Captain)
- Katie Kilby (First Officer)
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Joel Fried (Grand Nagus)
- Chris Kaergard (Constable)
- Kenny Albright (Communications Officer)
- Christopher Allen
- Marisa Bonomo
- Bryce Callighan
- Stephen Friederichs
- Chris Johnson
- Andrew Kalafut
- Carl Murphy
- Joel Oberdieck
- Fred Pugh
- Ryan Woodrow
Minutes: Summarized and approved.
- The final Red Dwarf tape has been returned to Carl.
- David motions that Ryan be deleted for security reasons.
- Specific disorder ensues about Tennessee.
- Discussion turns to whether or not the Nagus should be removed for embezzling.
- Specific disorder ensues about who we can and/or should remove.
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
- The Captain has received the following T-shirt slogans:
- "Being crazy does have its advantages: tactical skills and maniacal laughter."
- "All that is gold does not glitter, / Not all those who wander are lost."
- "If I had a dollar for every dollar you don't have, I'd have a dollar."
- "With friends like these, who needs halluncinations?"
- Also, David has received T-shirt slogans from alumni member Robert Ray, now at Arizona State University:
- "I see your schwartz is as big as mine."
- "We are the geeks who say 'Ni!' "
- "I'm a mog: half-man, half-dog. I'm my own best friend!"
No Report Committee:
- There will be a movie.
- Recent suggestions include Suburban Commando, and the Sci Fi Channel's Dune miniseries on DVD, which Christopher A. has at home.
- Tonight's report contains a Really Bad Math Joke (RBMJ):
- "Yo mama so dumb, she can't double-differentiate!"
- No report.
- Last week's minutes are up.
- It is noted that the Soviet revisionist policy is still in effect.
- The motion is made to remove Marisa/Joel/?? from the club.
- "No boom today. Boom tomorrow. There's always a boom tomorrow." --Ivanova, "Grail"
- Everything's under control.
Chief of Operations:
- The current balance is $400.63, the same as last week.
- The Nagus requests that the Captain be removed from the room for the next part of his report; the request is granted.
- Now to discuss a coup.
- [Item deleted from minutes for security reasons.]
- The Enterprise website has been updated with the credits from this week's episode.
- Somebody from the Bradley yearbook called David about getting a group picture together. Everyone should try to wear a Psi Phi t-shirt to next week's meeting.
- The First Officer baked cookies. Yay! David remarks, "Cookies!"
- "Letters" is sung for the mail.
- A bill from AV, stating we owe them nothing.
- A flyer for the Tech Expo '01 on October 15
- Propaganda for the Day of Dialogue on November 14
- Julie needs help, because her calculator doesn't work.
- Quiz bowl discussion begins.
- Marisa is nominated and confirmed for Quiz Bowl Committee chairperson.
- Chris K. and Ryan opt to join the committee.
- Committee members should attend the informational meeting on October 24.
- The motion to amend the constitution for non-embezzlement is denied, for the much simpler method of Captain's Order: "Don't embezzle!"
- Smallville, the teen Superman series, premieres next Tuesday at 8 on the WB.
- There is a new promo for the Legend of the Rangers TV movie at www.scifi.com.
- David reports that the promo contains great new special effects.
- The DVD of The Mummy Returns has set a new record for first week sales, surpassing the record formerly held by Gladiator.
- Amazing Spider-Man #35 by JMS is out now.
- The latest issue of ST: Communicator has dumped all of its regular columns to do a special Enterprise issue, including interviews with all regular cast members.
- Chris J. arrives at 10:44.
- David has the manuscript for the second ENT novel, due out in January.
- The motion is made to declare Marisa a security risk. Motion passes 8-5, with 1 abstention, 1 "courteous abstention," and 1 double abstention.
Adjournment: 10:48 pm
Psi Phi Sector 001 /