[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order: 10:02 (acoustic assassination mechanisms)pm
There were 18 attendees.
- Julie Faas (Captain)
- Katie Kilby (First Officer)
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Joel Fried (Grand Nagus)
- Chris Kaergard (Constable)
- Kenny Albright (Communications Officer)
- Marisa Bonomo
- Bryce Callighan
- Stephen Friederichs
- Chris Johnson
- Dan Leach
- Carl Murphy
- Aaron Nevitt
- Joel Oberdieck
- Fred Pugh
- Ryan Woodrow
- Kevin Zepp
- Advisor: Jeff Hibbard
Minutes: Summarized and approved.
- A person from the Yearbook attempts to capture the essence of the club through the medium of film.
- Mass chaos ensues.
- It is noted that "the voice of reason always gets drowned out around here."
- Carl opts to "put it in the minutes!" So it has been written; so it shall be done.
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
- David states, "Hey, there was that girl here. Thus concludes my report."
- More suggestions for t-shirt slogans are made.
- (Literal:) "[Item deleted from minutes for security reasons.]"
- Next week we will select the final t-shirt slogan through the medium of voting.
Quiz Bowl Committee:
- The Captain has a list of submitted movies, which the Comm Officer, regrettably, has failed to procure and copy as yet. But there will be a movie one day.
No Report Committee:
- No report, other than that Marisa grabbed a Quiz Bowl flyer.
- Tonight's report is in honor of our photographical safari from earlier tonight.
- "So...your wife...she into...photography?" "Say no more!"
- No report.
- The minutes are up.
- Also, the Lord of the Rings TCG will be released in 20 days, so the Comm Officer has decided to start a LotR TCG Card of the Week for a while. This week's card is "Risk a Little Light," with a spooky picture of Gandalf.
- Pop-Tarts is putting goofy things in their boxes, like Johnny Bravo magnets and Pichu pencil decorations.
- Regarding the latter, Aaron quips, "You got gypped."
- Cries for the blood of Pikachu ensue.
- It is noted that Bryce knows his Pop-Tarts.
- The constable is temporarily in possession of a Federation phaser, on loan from Marisa's collection.
- "Anything you might say has already been taken down in evidence against you." --Trelane, "The Squire of Gothos"
- Everything's under control.
Chief of Operations:
- The current balance is $400.60.
- The Nagus maintains that he cannot be held for embezzlement, since such a charge involves lying, and he has not lied once about embezzling. (We'll see...)
- In a recent game of Scrabble, the Nagus beat the Comm Officer by 70 points.
- Money from amazon.com will be coming in soon! Psi Phi's share of last quarter's earnings amounts to $96.28. The best-selling Trek item was the novelization of the Voyager finale, "Endgame."
- The Enterprise website is the same as always - good.
- The motion to put yearbook pictures up on the website is mulled over for a while.
- No report.
- Everyone says hi to our advisor, Jeff Hibbard. Hi, Jeff!
- The Nazis no longer control Africa.
- "Letters" is sung; this week's mail is even more completely useless than usual.
- A memo from SABRC, reminding us that they are still accepting funding applications.
- By the way, Ryan copied those memos in duplicating.
- The old pencil sharpener/bulldozer debate resurfaces.
- A Captain's order is made that we specifically spell out that there be no stealing from the treasury.
- Chris J. asks about when we will begin our campaign to take over the French club, now that one officially exists.
- The Versailles Committee is formed, with Chris J. as chair, and Dan as a member.
- The motion is made to put up a link from our site to the Bradley page with the stories from this semester's science-fiction seminar, as soon as they get put up there. Motion passes 12-4, with 2 abstentions, 1 courteous abstention, 1 present, and 1 present participle. (Darn Chicago voters...)
- William Shatner will guest-star on The Bob Patterson Show on October 24th. He will play the "#2 motivational speaker in the country." This sort of balances out an appearance by Jason Alexander on ST- Greatest Moments a while back where he played Captain Kirk.
- The 70-minute-long premiere of "Smallville" had 8.5 million viewers, and was the highest-rated WB series premiere of all time.
- David has a hardcover copy of ST: Gateways: What Lay Beyond, the seventh and final book in the series. David is credited as co-contributor to the timeline in the back. The book should be available by the end of the month.
- This brings the total number of mentions of either David or Psi Phi in Star Trek books to 5. Woohoo!
- The ENT novel "By the Book" is due out in January; David has written the back cover text.
- David says, "I'm a blurb writer now!"
- Buffy: The Musical is coming to UPN on October 30.
- Jeff picks 7 to subtract from a lab that Carl is grading. The significance of this is unclear.
Adjournment: 10:53 (somnolent)(straightdope.com)pm
Psi Phi Sector 001 /