[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order: 10:03 (±2)pm
There were 17 attendees.
- Julie Faas (Captain)
- Katie Kilby (First Officer)
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Joel Fried (Grand Nagus)
- Chris Kaergard (Constable)
- Kenny Albright (Communications Officer)
- Christopher Allen
- Marisa Bonomo
- Stephen Friederichs
- Andrew Kalafut
- Joel Oberdieck (proxy by SBAM)
- Fred Pugh
- Ryan Woodrow
- Laura Zadrozny
- Guest: Matt
- Advisor: Jeff Hibbard
Minutes: Summarized and approved.
- David arrives at 10:08. YAAAAAAA(±2A)Y!
- Julie arrives and assumes command at 10:13. The SBAM's presence tonight is explained to her.
- Ryan arrives at 10:14.
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
- We've recruited a map. Be nice to it, and make it feel welcome.
Quiz Bowl Committee:
- Psi Phi alumni member Ray Kremer has asked for a Psi Phi t-shirt. Unfortunately, he forgot to include a shirt size, but it doesn't matter, as the T-Shirt Committee is still figuring out where to get some shirts made.
- At the last meeting, officers were elected.
- Marisa would like it publicly stated that Chris K. knows entirely too much for his own good.
- cj defers the delivery of the report to Kenny.
- "Ay ay ay! Es el estomago!"
- Stephen remarks that "it doesn't matter what language it is; I never know what's going on here!"
No Report Committee:
- The Shack-A-Thon Committee will be disbanded as soon as we can get a final report from somebody on the committee.
- Chris K. delivers tonight's report by proxy. It is a quote from Dr. Jones in his military history class last Monday:
- "...and when the Red Dawn comes, we'll set those filthy capitalists up against the wall and...oh, sorry. Got a little carried away."
- No report.
- The minutes are up.
- The Comm Officer stonewalls on question after question regarding the significance of "fnord" in the minutes of the November 7 meeting.
- Tonight's LotR TCG CotW is "Grimir, Dwarven Elder."
- Chris A. reports that Burger King is now selling Lord of the Rings cups.
- First, the HIS 326 report: "The German military planners before World War I had to confess, 'We have plans for fighting everyone. But they all involve fighting the French.'"
- "This ship will not survive the formation of the cosmos." --B'Elanna Torres, "Death Wish"
- Everything's under control.
Chief of Operations:
- The Nagus reads a very odd voucher list from a Deadpool comic.
- The current balance is $464.25.
- Through incompetence, the Nagus allowed a penny to be stolen. Whether he can be punished for this under Psi Phi's rules is currently under debate.
- "Letters" is sung.
- A note about ARH Diversity Week, from December 3 to 7. They will be holding rugby and soccer tournaments, among other events.
- A letter from Dr. Hammer, asking all organizations to submit plans to honor Black History Month in February.
- Propaganda from Volunteer Vibe, which is hosting a Kwanzaa program and a dorm canned food drive in December.
- The upcoming Psi Phi End-Of-The-Semester Party, Sailboat Regatta, and Hog-Calling Contest will take place Tuesday, December 11, starting at about 7 pm and running until whenever we finish up early Wednesday morning, with the meeting taking place at 12 midnight.
- To this end, we need a Party Committee to organize things, and a chairperson to run it.
- Since Bryce isn't here, he is elected to chair the Party Committee.
- Bryce should check to see if we can reserve the U-Hall basement for the party.
- Since we have no graduating seniors, all movies to be shown will be selected by popular vote. Send your movie ideas to Julie.
- The food is still under debate at this time.
- Laura found out that the $25 for the flamingo goes entirely toward the making of the flamingo. The purpose is just to prmote Homecoming and your club.
- Duck-squirrels go chitter-quack.
- The motion to buy a flamingo fails to pass, 5-5, with 6 abstentions. Random apathy foils Laura's plans yet again.
- "R2-D2: The Untold Story" was the cover of last week's TV Guide. It contained history of R2's "early career."
- You can find lots of information about new Episode II books due out soon from www.starwars.com/episode-ii.
- A repeat of the pilot episode of Roswell will air this Tuesday.
- There will be a trailer for the B5 TV movie Legend of the Rangers before The Fellowship of the Ring.
- Also, FOX will air the Making of LotRings special this Thursday at 7.
- A special Star Trek version of The Weakest Link aired this past Monday on NBC. Levar Burton beat out Robert Picardo and Wil Wheaton to win the game. William Shatner was the second person knocked out, while John de Lancie was the first.
- "Whose phaser was set to stupid?"
- Joel F. reports that Douglas Adams' 6th book, "A Salmon of a Doubt," compiled from unfinished works on his computer at the time of his death, is due to be available in May.
- Chris A. has acquired Star Wars: Galactic Battleground, a computer game similar in format to Age of Empires, only with a Star Wars theme. He says that the Gungans are the best race to play, with the Empire and Trade Federation tied for second.
- Julie notes that the Des Moines Register recently reported that Gene Wilder went to the University of Iowa. This leads to a good old-fashioned round of Iowa-bashing from the group, over the Captain's pleas.
- Tonight's episode of Beat the Geeks on Comedy Central had a Trekker as the Geek of the Week. He was successful in defending his title.
- Also, the Special Edition Willow DVD was released yesterday.
- In closing, Ryan talks about the recent odd happenings in a Rockford mall, where a local resident set himself on fire as part of a vague political statement.
Adjournment: 10:55 (yeeeipong)pm
Psi Phi Sector 001 /