[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order: 12:01 am
There were 21 attendees.
- Julie Faas (Captain)
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Joel Fried (Grand Nagus)
- Chris Kaergard (Constable)
- Kenny Albright (Communications Officer)
- Christopher Allen
- Marisa Bonomo
- Bryce Callighan
- cj (by proxy)
- Andrew Kalafut
- Elizabeth Liddell
- Carl Murphy (by proxy)
- Aaron Nevitt
- Joel Oberdieck
- Fred Pugh
- Don Steiner
- Rachel Weinberg
- Landon Winkler
- Ryan Woodrow
- Laura Zadrozny
- Guest: Scott
Minutes: Summarized and approved.
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
Quiz Bowl Committee:
- We are still in control.
- No report.
- Some details about the t-shirts have finally been revealed!
- The shirts will be $9 each. Add $2 for XXL and $3 for XXXL sizes.
- There is also a $20 cover charge for the entire order, which needs to be for at least 25 shirts.
- The shirts will be "blue with orange writing." Nobody likes the sound of this; the motion to change the lettering to either silver or white, whichever is cheaper, is made and passed. The royal blue background is kept.
- The committee will let us know later when the shirts are ready.
- A sign-up sheet for ordering shirts is passed around.
- We watched The Hobbit and Galaxy Quest before the meeting.
- After the meeting, one group watches Femalien, while the other watches Cube.
- We have a room and a TV. The work of the committee has been generally successful.
- The motion is made to disband the committee.
No Report Committee:
- We should let Lyz know if we want to screen movies at her house in the future; apparently, there are a lot of leftover potato chips.
- War gaming will commence tomorrow, December 13, at 3 pm in the MCS office.
- It is noted that this will be Anti-Joel's final "No Report" committee report as chairman.
- No report.
- Rachel sings the Ever-Sacred Ninja Song, which is met with applause.
- The Constable may need a deputy next semester if reelected, due to increased duties over at The Scout.
- This week's HIS 326 report: "It would be nice if everyone were beautiful, intelligent and talented. But some people are just stupid, ugly klutzes."
- It is noted that the HIS 326 report ties in well with Anti-Joel's pro-fascism paper.
- "Mr. Kim, we're Starfleet officers. 'Weird' is part of the job." --Capt. Janeway, "Deadlock"
- Another quote from the Constable: "Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy."
- Everything's under control.
Chief of Operations:
- The current balance is $464.24, minus the following expenses:
- -$25 for a Homecoming flamingo
- -$55.xx for food for the party
- -$80 for pizzas and the sub sandwich
- -$2 for movies
- -$0.01 given to David to give to Psi Phi West at Arizona State
- -$0.01 that the Nagus threw into the air and "hasn't come down yet."
- This leaves us with approximately $302.22, give or take a buck.
- A note is made to buy more caffeinated beverages for the next party.
- Also, it has been determined by experiment that New York latkes are better than those made in the Midwest.
- No report, as the First Officer is away studying.
- The Captain didn't remember to check the mail earlier, so we don't have any.
- "Letters/No Letters" is sung/not sung. Even Schroedinger's cat is confused.
- The Captain expounds upon the wonders of the light disk in the Lord of the Rings cups.
- The motion to reopen officer nominations is made and approved.
- It is decided that if no candidate wins a majority in a given race, then the top two candidates will be placed in a runoff election.
- Many new nominations are made. Several candidates give speeches. And then, the voting commences:
- Julie gets 3 votes, Carl gets 1 vote, Chris A. gets 0 votes, Ryan gets 6 votes, Lyz gets 5 votes, Joel gets 0 votes, and Kenny gets 2 votes.
- In the runoff, Ryan gets 7 votes, and Lyz gets 9. Lyz wins.
- First Officer:
- Bryce gets 17 votes, Katie gets 1 vote, Carl gets 1 vote, and Chris A. gets 0 votes. Bryce wins.
- Grand Nagus:
- Carl gets 1 vote, Chris A. gets 0 votes, Ryan gets 7 votes, Joel gets 4 votes, Aaron gets 0 votes, and Anti-Joel gets 5 votes.
- In the runoff, Ryan gets 7 votes, and Anti-Joel gets 9. Anti-Joel wins.
- Chief of Operations:
- Carl gets 1 vote, Chris A. gets 1 vote, and David gets 17 votes. David wins.
- Carl gets 5 votes, Chris A. gets 0 votes, Marisa gets 2 votes, Chris K. gets 6 votes, and Joel gets 2 votes.
- In the runoff, Carl gets 6 votes and Chris K. gets 9. Chris K. wins.
- Communications Officer:
- Carl gets 1 vote, Chris A. gets 1 vote, and Kenny gets 15 votes. Kenny wins.
- Anti-Joel credits his election to the Nagushood to "stupid democracy."
- Chris A. is summarily named Grand Inquisitor to quiet him down.
- The club thanks Julie, its outgoing captain, for a semester's worth of dutiful service. Her final words as captain are, "Damn you to hell forever for invading the U.S. through Texas!"
- The motion to continue the No Report Committee passes, 10.5 to 4. So we need a new chairperson.
- It is decided that the office of chairperson will be randomly assigned from meeting to meeting.
- Since Rachel graduates in May, Landon and Lyz are looking for a new off-campus roommate. Interested persons should see them for details.
- Warner Brothers has acquired the rights to make the third Terminator movie. In related news, Arnold Schwarzenegger was in a motorcycle accident last weekend, but he should be OK.
- The second Harry Potter movie should be out in November 2002, with the third due out in 2004. The third will probably also be a Thankgiving release so as not to compete with Star Wars III. Both movies will be done by Warner Brothers.
- The second and third Matrix movies should be out in May and November of 2003 respectively.
- The Chronicles of Narnia is in the early stages of development for a new movie series.
- Joss Whedon, writer for several episodes of Buffy and Angel, has been selected to write and direct the new Iron Man movie.
- TV Guide for the week of December 15-21 has collectible Lord of the Rings covers, one of which is only available online at www.tvguide.com.
- The two Iron Chef USA specials, hosted by William Shatner, will air this month on UPN. The first special will be rerun on December 16, and the second will air on December 26.
- David has covers for us: Gauntlet and Progenitor, both from the ST: Stargazer series by Michael Jan Friedman. Both books continue the story from TNG's "The Valiant" book.
- This past weekend on TNT, after they showed The Matrix, they ran a 10-minute LotR preview.
- Chris A. reports that Final Fantasy X will have an early release in America around December 18th. Final Fantasy XI is due out in two years.
- Lyz talks about Richard Wagner's ring cycles.
- In closing, Landon quotes Mark Twain: "The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter--it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning."
Adjournment: 1:18 am
Psi Phi Sector 001 /