[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order: 10:02 (TV)pm
There were 14 attendees.
- Joel Oberdieck (Captain)
- Julie Faas (First Officer)
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Meg Callender (Grand Nagus)
- Ray Kremer (Constable)
- Kenny Albright (Communications Officer)
- Joel Fried
- Chris Johnson
- Chris Kaergard
- Katie Kilby
- Amy Lewis
- Carl Murphy
- Aaron Nevitt
- C. Adam Scott
Minutes: Summarized and approved.
- Red Dwarf tapes are exchanged.
- Tonight we are meeting in the upstairs TV room, since the basement is flooded.
- We thought we might have a new member, but she ran away, apparently scared off.
- Joel is a closed set.
- Adam is wrong about parallel lines not touching.
- Ray shoots Amy, who disappears. (Neat trick!)
- David is declared a bap-free zone. He confirms this by claiming to have the "immunity idol." Aaron's response: "You're lucky you're bap-free."
- Adam is wrong about there being a "www" in Ray's website address.
- Chris K. reports that the link to Ray's website in last week's minutes doesn't work. Oh, poopie...
- Adam is wrong yet again about his No Report report last week, as to whether it is a bowl, barrel, or tub of happiness from which one must step away.
- The First Officer chases Amy with water. (Sounds like a movie...)
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
No Report Committee:
- There was, like, that girl.
- Amy is undead. It is noted that Amy and Julie seem rather "twinnish" tonight.
- [Item deleted from minutes for security reasons.]
- Adam expounds on the principles of nihilism, ending with the somber statement, "There is nobody to care that I have no report." Applause occurs.
- Aaron ponders the more intricate aspects of the report.
- The club spontaneously reaches a consensus that there is not nor was there ever a "J" in the Roman alphabet.
- "You want to know what's going on down on the planet, ambassador? Boom! Boom boom boom! BOOM!" --paraphrased from B5, "A Voice in the Wilderness"
- Everything's under control.
Chief of Operations:
- The current balance is $387.87 - no, wait, $387.88. The Nagus has yet to torture a bank teller with Amy's check for a ludricrous fraction of a dollar.
- The Second Annual Star Trek Trivia Contest will begin Sunday or Monday.
- The Douglas Adams Quote of the Week is from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:
- "What's so unpleasant about being drunk?" "Just ask a glass of water."
- The mail has been delayed, due to the flood. (At least they have a legitimate excuse now...)
- In lieu of mail, the Captain regales the club with tales of laundering his blue flannel sheets, and ending up with blue underwear and an odd number of socks.
- It is observed that Joel would much rather complain about something than actively try to correct the problem.
- The old debate continues: Could we requisition a bulldozer or a pencil sharpener faster from the university?
- In case anyone has forgotten or would like to know, our club's advisor is Jeff Hibbard.
- Ray has a printout from www.brunching.com of Things Geeks Say, Number 37: "I liked the Weird Al version better." This is sad because it's utterly, utterly true.
- Adam talks about recent stuff from www.schlockmercenary.com involving the Hippocratic oath and doublethink.
- Chris J. reports that the SF Honor seminar was dead on Tuesday.
- David has a copy of Book 1 of Entering Tenebrea, a fantasy novel by Roxann Dawson and Daniel Graham.
- David also has the Voyager comic boo...er, graphic novel "Planetkiller" #2.
- "Covers! I've got covers! "I've got a bag of covers!"
- From the Gateway series, to be published from this August through November, David has printouts of covers; four are in color, and three are in black and white.
- The first book from the B5 Technomage trilogy, by Jeanne Cavelos, is out now. It looks "thick and exciting."
- Crusade will begin airing on the Sci Fi Channel starting April 9th. It will run Monday through Thursday and go for about 3 weeks, since there were only 13 episodes.
- The B5 series finale will be shown tomorrow in widescreen format.
- The first episode of The Lone Gunman did fairly well, netting about 13 million viewers, which is about 3 times Voyager's current ratings.
- Next week's Voyager episode will be the TV movie "Flesh and Blood", and starts at 7.
- There will be info about Dr. Bashir in the new DS9 book series up on the website soon.
- Three days ago, a casting sheet for the next ST series was reportedly being passed around. Rumors abound, which Paramount will neither confirm or deny.
- The rumors, involving the possible characters and setting of the new series, can be found at www.trektoday.com.
- One idea is that the series will be called "ST: Enterprise", and deal with the spaceship era, before there were starships.
- And now, some sad news: while filming on the set of the Spider-Man movie, a welder was killed after a crane toppled over. Production has halted for the next few days.
- Carl is a [item deleted for security reasons] for making fun of another's death.
- Carl, Amy, and Adam get into rather compromising positions in the middle of the room; Ray shoots all three.
Adjournment: 10:40 (now)(penguin)([item deleted for security reasons])pm
Psi Phi Sector 001 /