[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order: 10:04 [(unibrow)*3]pm
There were 15 attendees.
- Joel Oberdieck (Captain)
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Meg Callender (Grand Nagus)
- Ray Kremer (Constable)
- Kenny Albright (Communications Officer)
- Marisa Bonomo
- Joel Fried
- Chris Johnson
- Chris Kaergard
- Katie Kilby
- Amy Lewis
- Carl Murphy
- Aaron Nevitt
- C. Adam Scott
- Charlie Truong
Minutes: Summarized and approved.
- Joelish arrives at 10:06, and immediately leaves as protest over being called Joelish, among other things.
- David calls, "Please come back!", thereby fulfilling his duty as Recruitment and Relations Committee chair.
- Carl and Amy arrive at 10:07, and Joelish returns.
- Red Dwarf tapes are overtly NOT exchanged.
- Carl has a monkey tie.
- Debate ensues as to whether Adam should be stricken from the minutes, or merely stricken.
- Chris J. got large amounts of candy at a charity sale; candy is available for anyone who wants it.
- Charlie arrives at 10:13.
- [Item deleted from minutes for security reasons.]
- Specific disorder ensues in the form of a debate on the existence of time.
- It is hereby recorded in the minutes that the reading of the minutes was not overtime. [Further, it is recorded that the reading of the minutes has never been overtime, and by definition can never be overtime,since it is performed by our illustrious Communications Officer, who never, ever makes misteaks.]
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
- Concerns are made about filing the proper paperwork to get a Psi Phi flyer for next fall's freshman orientation binder.
- At least four Greek (as in sorority) people saw our current t-shirts on various members, and said they would like get some of them next fall. [Who knew these things would actually catch on?]
No Report Committee:
- [Yes, I know it's not officially a committee, and we don't even have a chairperson for it, but it's just easier this way.]
- The room has not been reserved, but it will be by next week.
- The food has not been ordered yet, since it would spoil if we got it this early.
- The Nagus is officially changing her movie pick from The Cell to Austin Powers.
- Two at-large movies are officially selected from a long, long list. The winners are Pi with 6 votes, and The Hobbit with 5 votes. (The Hobbit beat out Red Dwarf in a tiebreaker vote, 7-4.)
- Therefore, the five movies we will be watching at the party are as follows:
- Austin Powers
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
- The Hobbit
- First, a minor correction: Adam's report from 2 weeks ago was actually intended to mock and offend Hindus, and not Buddhists. Adam apologizes, and promises to mock the Buddhists at a later date.
- This week, Adam expounds upon the many levels of understanding within the Minimalist phlosophy: No report.
- More "T: Secrets" have been spotted on Late Night with Conan O'Brien. This week's installment includes a hilarious scene of Mr. T with an action figure of Mr. T; the two of them are arguing over which one pities the other more.
- The Comm Officer decided to do an STCCG Card of the Week to highlight the rising stars of the upcoming Voyager expansion. This week's feature is the set's ultra-rare, The Pendari Champion: He's got Geology, a "keen sense of smell," and it even clearly says on the side "This card rocks."
- Also, the Comm Officer passes around an interesting special report from Scientific American about various theories on the end of the universe, for people who worry about that sort of thing.
- "I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that."
- Everything's under control, Dave.
Chief of Operations:
- The current balance is $387.88.
- The Nagus would like to add that Dr. Maga is, ahem, rather inflexible on the time of his class's final, seeing as it's the second-to-last slot for finals, on Wednesday afternoon.
- No report, as the First Officer is conspicuously absent.
- The Captain speculates as to whether or not he will be present for Dr. Gill's class tomorrow.
- The Captain hands over the task of griping about stuff during the Captain's report to Joelish, who proceeds to do a fine job.
- Apparently, here at Bradley, if you're a business major, you can't take any business courses, and must substitute chemistry and political science classes. (Or at least, that's the position Joelish is currently in.)
- Confusion exists over whether Amy called Joelish a [item deleted for security reasons].
- Ray sings "Letters."
- The Nagus is appointed to read tonight's mail.
- A letter from Alpha Chi Omega promoting a water balloon-sheet volleyball contest. Apparently, they've found a way to merge volleyball with a wet T-shirt contest.
- The motion is made to sponsor a team for this contest. Motion passes, 8-0, with 6 abstentions and 1 double abstention, since the Comm Officer even abstained from abstaining.
- The following people have volunteered to form the team: Amy, Joelish, Marisa, and Carl.
- Nana Visitor's character on "Dark Angel" will be back, if the show is renewed.
- Ray declares that Nana Visitor's hair on the show was "blonde and freakish."
- The Comm Officer is bapped by the Captain's order for the comment "Dark Angel's ratings are titanic." [Note: Comment has been edited to make it funnier.]
- Adam motions to appoint a new No Report Committee chair, since he is leaving. Motion is tabled, since we're going to wait to appoint all our committee chairs until the fall.
- It is noted, however, that Joel would be a perfect candidate for the job, as this would give him the opportunity to be the havoc-wreaking "Anti-Joel" he has desired to be for so very long.
- "Rising Stars" #14 is out; David reports that it takes the series in a whole new direction.
- "Midnight Nation" #1/2 is available. This is the fancy, rare $6.00 version.
- "ST: Strange New Worlds IV" is out now, featuring 22 fan-written tales, the longest such collection yet. David has read almost all of them, and he says they're "mostly good."
- "ST: DS9 Avatar," Books I and II, are also available now... and David is credited in the Acknowledgements!!! Applause ensues.
- The books start about 3 months after the end of the show, and they are "extremely good, even excellent," David reports.
- Adam requests we hail to the Chief of money, David.
- David also has recieved some nice, non-ST/SW/B5 related books from the good people at Pocketbooks which he'd like to share with us. They are as follows:
- "Inversions," a fantasy novel by Ian McBanks
- "Soldier of Light," by John de Lancie and Tom Cool. David deems this to be a "cool" book, and then quickly reminds the club that he is a bap-free zone.
- "Diablo: Legacy of Blood," by Richard A. Knaak. Diablo players present immediately crack up upon hearing of this book.
- David also has the actual cover from the last book of the "ST: Gateways" series.
- Spoiler news for Voyager's season (and series) finale [Don't say I didn't warn you...]: the Borg Queen will be back, and she will be played by First Contact's Alice Krige.
- It's official: Buffy will be moving to UPN next season. The status of Angel is still unknown at this point.
- It's official: There is still no official word regarding the next ST series.
- Charlie reports that a French movie titled "Brotherhood of the Wolf" may be making its way across the Atlantic. It's about some unsolved murders in 17th-century France.
- When asked for comment, our club's resident werewolf expert had this to say: "Cool."
- Chris J. wonders if the SF honors seminar will be watching movies during its party, and whether it would just be easier to merge the two functions.
- Ray reports that they are selling fraternity paddles in the lobby of Williams Hall, and wonders if Psi Phi should procure one.
- When asked for comment, our club's resident fraternity brother had this to say: "Go for it!"
Adjournment: 10:54 (now contains more evil)(I am the very model of a modern major boob)pm
Psi Phi Sector 001 /