[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order: 12:00 (now)(gaboingy)(squigeemoose)am
There were 14 attendees.
- Joel Oberdieck (Captain)
- Julie Faas (First Officer)
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Meg Callender (Grand Nagus)
- Ray Kremer (Constable)
- Kenny Albright (Communications Officer)
- Marisa Bonomo
- Joel Fried
- Chris Johnson
- Chris Kaergard
- Katie Kilby
- Amy Lewis
- Aaron Nevitt
- C. Adam Scott
Minutes: Summarized and approved.
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
- The necessary propaganda for the fall freshman binder was turned in today.
No Report Committee:
- Fun will now commence.
- The movies so far viewed were Contact, Austin Powers, and "Psirens" from Red Dwarf.
- The Nightmare Before Christmas will be viewed following the meeting.
- Adam comes to the center of the group, takes the green laser gun, and points it at Joelish:
- "Say it! Say it!" "...It."
- Eventually, no report.
- The minutes aren't up yet.
- Adam notes that we all hate Kenny.
- The Comm Officer has brought a cool map of The Shire that he found online at http://shirepost.tolkien-movies.com.
- The STCCG Card of the Week is a Voyager reprint of "Male's Love Interest."
- "It's the end of the universe!"
- "Welcome to Milliways. We hope you enjoy your meal."
- Everything's under control.
Chief of Operations:
- The current balance is $416.53, after subtracting party and assorted expenditures, and adding revenue from amazon.com.
- A plug for Psi Phi's website appears in "Farscape: House of Cards", by Keith R.A. DeCandido. Woohoo!
- The First Officer presents a rousing and fairly accurate rendition of the "Sing hey! for the bath at close of day" song from J.R.R. Tolkien's The Fellowship of the Ring.
- This will be the current Captain's final report as such.
- There is no mail this week.
- No report.
- Adam motions to bap Marisa. Marisa motions to kick Adam. Both motions are approved.
- Audiotapes of the Klingon Dictionary have been donated by Chris J. to the Psi Phi library.
- A new B5 movie, "Legend of the Rangers," begins filming May 14.
- May 14 is also the beginning of filming of the new ST series, Enterprise.
- The pilot and first episode for Enterprise will be completed before the writers and actors' strike, if that should happen.
- Rumors for events in the next Star Trek movie include a wedding scene with Riker and Troi.
- Julie gets 8 votes, Amy gets 2, with 3 abstentions, and one Tampa Bay vote for Buchanan. Julie wins.
- Suggested methods of debate include a pillow fight, mudwrestling, and water balloons.
- David votes "yes."
- Amy and Julie voted for each other.
- Grand Nagus:
- Amy gets 7 votes, Joelish gets 5, with 2 abstentions. Amy wins.
- Chief of Operations:
- David is unanimously elected, with 14 votes. David wins.
- Members take advantage of the 3-second period during the election when David is not officially a bap-free zone to bap him.
- Joel remarks, "Substandard economy my [item deleted for security reasons]!"
- Ray adds a little Springer to the party: "Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!"
- [Section has been edited for security reasons; stated events may or may not have happened.]
- Chris K. gets 6 votes, Joelish gets 4, with 4 abstentions. Chris K. wins.
- Communications Officer:
- Kenny is elected, with an undetermined but sufficient number of votes. Kenny wins.
- Final Captain's statement: "You have all been a great annoyance. I will not mind leaving you."
- The motion is made that from now on, Joelish shall be known as Joel, and Joel shall be known as Anti-Joel.
- Departing Nagus' Statement: The Nagus feels "motherly" toward the Tupperware container, since she's guarded it for so long.
- The meeting is brought to a close as Julie and Amy fight to the hummed refrain of the Star Trek Fight Scene Theme Song.
Adjournment: 12:46 (squigeepo)(Farscape)(Horta)am
Psi Phi Sector 001 /