[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order: 10:06:21 (yeeeipong)pm
There were 21 attendees.
- Elizabeth Liddell (Captain)
- Bryce Callighan (First Officer)
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Joel Oberdieck (Grand Nagus)
- Kenny Albright (Communications Officer)
- Marisa Bonomo
- Joel Fried
- Ed Meister
- Carl Murphy
- Aaron Nevitt
- Monica Prorok
- Jeff Shedlock
- Don Steiner
- Rachel Weinberg
- Landon Winkler
- Ryan Woodrow
- Laura Zadrozny
- Kevin Zepp
- Kristen Zidon
- Guest: Gordo
Minutes: Summarized and approved.
- David reads the minutes so the Comm Officer can take attendance.
- David receives applause for his reading.
- The Nagus arrives at 10:13.
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
Quiz Bowl Committee:
- The tournament that will be run by the Quiz Bowl club will be on April 20.
- Kenny designed some flyers for the quiz bowl, with pretty bad puns on them. (No...Kenny?)
- Joel remarks, "We have chips - no, wait..."
- We still have a few shirts left to pick up.
- Ray Kremer wants one more medium shirt over at Purdue.
No Report Committee:
- There will be no more movies until after break, since many people are going home.
- We still have chips!
- "Oowa-igna-chawa-neha..." --Russian battle cry (Anti-Joel: "No, it's not!")
- No report.
- Gordo arrives at 10:15:01.
- The minutes were quickly put out in email by David. They will be up on the web eventually.
- Ryan is reinstituting the STCCG Card of the Week, in tandem with the release of The Motion Pictures expansion. This week's card is Khan. (He's a meanie, all right...)
- Also, Ryan announces that the ultra-rare of the expansion will be James T. Kirk.
- Deputy Constable Carl shoots Ryan.
- A transmission from Landon to Bryce is intercepted and entered into the minutes.
- "'The Yeti is good. He helps people, you see,' Ram told WorldNetDaily. 'He is like Jesus. Only you don't get to eat the Yeti; the Yeti gets to eat you - if you are bad.'"
- Anti-Joel says, "Damn you, Landon."
- Everything's under control.
Chief of Operations:
- The current balance is $246.08.
- The Nagus reports that he got a 98 on a test from a teacher who never gives anything higher than a B; applause ensues.
- The First Officer reports that he got a new computer game, Ragnarok Online. He has to kill monsters in this game to increase his job level to three, so he can sit down.
- The convention info is the same as before.
- The motion to have officers' salaries is made by the Comm Officer. The Nagus immediately questions the timeliness of such a motion, considering that present members outnumber officers by more than a 2-1 ratio tonight.
- Sir Ian McKellen won the SAG award for Best Supporting Actor for his portrayal of Gandalf the Grey in The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. He will host Saturday Night Live on NBC this week, and was interviewed on 60 Minutes earlier tonight.
- A cool E.T. toy is now available with Kraft 5-packs of macaroni and cheese.
- David has the thick, 520-page paperback edition of ST: Eugenics Wars, Book I, by Greg Cox, available in stores now. The hardcover edition of Book II will be out at the end of this month.
- The Farscape: War Torn #2 comic book is out now.
- This month's issue of ST: Communicator is titled "Vulcans and Romulans," with Vulcans on the cover. (Presumably, the Romulans are cloaked...)
- David also has the covers for TOS: Errand of Vengeance books #2 and #3. The covers should be up on the website tonight, while the books should be available in August.
- cj arrives at 10:27, and promptly grabs the bapper away from the Deputy Constable.
- A firefight ensues in the hallway; the officers are raced away to separate undisclosed locations until order is restored.
- Gordo announces the Evercrack RPG is now available from White Wolf.
- Laura says that the Resident Evil movie is out in theaters tomorrow.
- Also, Ice Age premieres Friday, with the Star Wars Episode II trailer preceding it.
- Lyz has a bassoon recital tomorrow at 7:30 pm in Dingeldine. Everyone who can attend should come; there will be free food, and everyone could wear Psi Phi t-shirts. (Please, no rushing the stage...)
Adjournment: 10:31:04 (somnambulation)[the Deputy Constable shoots himself]pm
Psi Phi Sector 001 /