[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order: 10:00 [BANG] pm
- Ryan Woodrow (Captain)
- Kevin Zepp (First Officer)
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Elizabeth Koprucki (Grand Nagus)
- Laura Zadrozny (Constable)
- Kristen Zidon (Communications Officer)
- Jeff Hibbard (Faculty Advisor)
- Kristi Aulenbach
- Andrew Conrad, aka Señor Bob
- Curtis Erickson
- Joel Fried
- Zach Harrison
- Joan Johnson
- Doug King
- Eben Kinkaid
- Jon Lascelles
- Scott Liekis
- Mikiko Okamoto
- Meaghan Porter
- Monica Prorok
- Don Steiner
- Erik Wills, aka Xeen
- Item: Evil gavel
- Stuffed animals: Meaghan's chibi Predators (Predati?)
There were 22 Human attendees, a gavel, and several Predati.
Summarized and approved.
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
- David got a response from the Alumni Records coordinator, and obtained addresses for several alumni, as well as possible contacts for five more
(Phillip Dawson (no response in a week), Meg Callendar, Kate Cavanaugh, Dylan Whitney, and Christopher Paluch. David got information from the last
four from Joel Oberdieck.)
- David also found that several former members are apparently still at Bradley (or still in the Bradley database):
- Matt Glans (Spring 2003)--reports from those who know him say that he would attend if he could, but has meetings Wednesday evenings.
- Stephen Friederichs, Tolga Iregor (Fall 2002)
- Katie Kilby, Jon Davison (Spring 2002)
- Eric Zaleski (Fall 2000)
- David's down to 17 alumni for whom he has no contact information at all.
- David asks if anyone has contact information for Amy Lewis, Sarah Ciampi, Becky Paine, or Christopher Allen. Joel can give contact info for Amy, and
may possibly be able to have some vague idea of how to contact Becky. Maybe. =)
- David is now down to 15 alumni for whom he has no contact information at all.
- David plans to send letters to the alumni for whom he has no electronic contact information and get reimbursed for the expense by the club, but only if
the club votes to do so.
- The club votes to do so, with 19 in favor, zero against, and two abstentions.
- David has added several people's URLs to the reunion page. Keep sendin' 'em!
- David suggests that we not go overboard in spending our treasury money, as it might be a good idea to save up for the reunion next year and possibly
rent a location to hold it at, depending on interest.
- While reviewing the club Constitution for CRC, David realized that September 13, 1994 was the day the Constitution was signed. So we may want to have
the reunion in September rather than October.
Office Renovation Committee:
- Jon has no list of movies on television, as he was watching The Matrix Revolutions (which will not be appearing on any future geeky movie list of his).
- Walgreens has Lord of the Rings Pringles.
- Several of the officers fight over the Pringles.
- David wonders if Pringles has "The One Chip"; Don comments that "you can't eat just one!"
- This particular can features two Legolases (or Legoli).
Constitution Renovation Committee:
- Ryan talked to Greg at MCS about moving the couch and was figuratively and literally given the middle finger.
- Greg pretty much said that it wasn't MCS who wanted the couch.
- It is noted that this is just Greg's view, not that of MCS in general.
- Xeen, Jon, Laura, and Monica offer to help move the couch.
- Joel reports that the other people at the Geek/Greek Alliance want the couch gone by Friday.
- It is suggested that someone take measurements of the couch, the elevator doors, and the Psi Phi/MCS office door. Joel is nominated for this task.
- We make plans to move the couch on Friday after MCS, so anyone wishing to help move it should meet in the student center at around 7:00 pm on Friday.
The meeting will be either in the officer or the basement.
- Joel and David met at the library, despite the torrential rain, and went over the changes from last week. They revised the Constitution, adding and
removing things. David has a copy of the revised Constitution that shows what was added and removed.
- David had codified the membership classes and levels: Four classes (Bradley, Non-Bradley, Alumni, and Honorary), three levels (Prospective, Active, and
- They also went over moving stuff to Bylaws, such as Order of the Meeting; definitions of Quorum for holding meetings and voting on certain items; voting
for spending money; definition of standing (Recruitment and Relations, Movie, No Report, Office), recurring (Party, Shack-a-Thon, T-Shirt), and ad hoc
(CCG/Mudwrestling, Versailles, Fundraising, Reunion) committees; and duties and responsibilities of each office.
- There will be another meeting on Tuesday at 10:00 pm at the library.
- Ryan reports that Bryce does indeed have the logbook, and that he plans to get it to us at some point, but is currently trapped in Biohell.
- No Report.
- David asks for the location and hours of the T-shirt store we used last year, so that he can get shirts for an alumnus.
No Report Committee:
- The committee proposed using one to two hundred dollars to buy stuff.
- Laura can get 40% off of books at Waldenbooks.
- Email Kevin with any suggestions for books we should get for the Psi Phi library. His email is [deleted from on-line minutes to reduce
- Amazon.com has s.f. classics for cheap. For instance, we could get The Time Machine for
about two bucks. We would also get some money back.
- eBay has things for very cheap. Jon suggests that the club follow the example set by a guy who put up "nothing" for sale and got $80 for it.
- The committee needs a name. Several are suggested, and Acquisition Committee is selected.
- David asks if it will have any rules of acquisition.
- Joel went to a Bible Study on Sunday. It was geared to Jews. He found it odd that he often knew more on the subjects than some of those who believed
- Joel learned of it through an intriguing flyer that said:
Ever wonder what's really in the Bible?
Do you like FREE food?
If you answered 'Yes' to at least 50% of the above questions, then you should come to the Bible overview!
- No report.
- The minutes aren't out yet. I'm sorry.
- The Communications Officer overheard a snippet of conversation on her way to Psi Phi that sounded like, "So I challenged her to a moose."
- The Communications Officer also mentioned a website of a group determined to have Leonard Nimoy eat more salsa. The website has salsa recipes,
photographs (doctored, of course) of Nimoy and his unfavorable reactions to salsa, and the Communications Officer's favorite part, a picture of Nimoy
as Spock with the caption, "It would be logical for me to eat more salsa." The site can be found at http://www.lnsemsf.com/.
- Frequency closed.
Chief of Operations:
- The Constable has a funny, not necessarily politically correct anecdote.
- Joan immediately defends herself, saying that she really doesn't make these kind of comments usually.
- Joel: Everyone, form your opinion of Joan in the next five minutes.
- Xeen had said he was from Canada, and Joan called him a filthy [item deleted for security reasons]. Xeen then said that he'd spent a great deal of time
in the Middle East, and Joan said, "Fine, filthy [different item deleted for security reasons]."
- It was at this point that Xeen began attempting to throttle Joan.
- After several weeks of nothing happening, David met with the CyberDesic owner on November 4 and he gave David a phone number to call to get access to
the machine. David didn't get a chance to do it on November 5, but will probably do it on November 6.
- The Nagus didn't bring the treasury, as she went straight from The Matrix Revolutions to the meeting, but the treasury still has the same amount.
- The checkbook situation has changed, though; the Nagus needs to talk to Ryan about that.
- In other news, the Nagus saw The Matrix Revolutions. Go see it!
- Matrices 2 and 3 are quite different from the first one.
- The Matrix has you all.
- David deposited $354.86 into the Psi Phi bank account. This is half of the Amazon.com money. We now have over $663.
- The First Officer also went to The Matrix Revolutions.
- He thought that it was better than the second one, although he likes the first one the best.
- The First Officer noted that all the officers and the faculty advisor were consuming either a beverage or a meal at the meeting.
- The First Officer also needs a creative slogan to sign off with.
- "What do you think, sir?" is suggested.
- "No Letters" is sung.
- No report.
- Sr. Bob feels that we should have played on the piano as we sang "No Letters", since we have a piano in the room. He also feels that the Captain should
have played it.
- Rocky Horror Picture Show!
- There was a bomb threat right before the dinner scene. Everyone had to leave.
- We felt sorry for the police, who had to sort through all the toilet paper, rice, confetti, and such.
- Some of the cast members went around to the diners where audiences usually went after Rocky, and met us in the parking lot of Steak 'n' Shake.
They apologized for the brevity of the show and talked for a while with us.
- Ryan mentions that they have suspects for the bomb threat: a group of high school students couldn't get tickets, and the person who took the call
giving the threat recognized one of the voices as possibly being the voice of one of the group of students.
- The Matrix away team went to see The Matrix Revolutions.
- The Psi Phi party!
- We need a new Bryce's Basement Committee (i.e., a committee for obtaining a room to party in).
- Elizabeth and Xeen volunteer to get a room.
- Scott and Monica, as graduating seniors who didn't scar our brains with South Park last year, get first choice of moves.
- The party begins on the Tuesday evening before study day and goes until Wednesday morning.
- Bring food, beverages, and movies!
- David, in going through the Constitution, noted that the First Officer was to run the committee reports at the meeting (rather than having the Captain
say who should report next).
- The First Officer thinks this sounds like a good idea, and the club votes in favor of this, with 19 for, one opposed, and two abstentions.
Other Organizations' Announcements:
- Elizabeth is now a member of the Order of Xeen.
- MCS will be playing Magic at the meeting on Friday at 5:30.
- Quiz Bowl will be having a tournament: BUTT (Bradley University Trivia Tournament).
- Joel notes that it could have been worse--it might have been the Bradley University Trivia Tournament Of College Knowledge.
- The tournament will be on Sunday, Nov. 16. Each team can have four members, and the entry fee for each team is $10. Any people interested in
forming a team must let Steve know by Nov. 14. (Or you can probably get the info to him through Joel.)
- Joan, Elizabeth, Kevin, Doug, Laura, Sr. Bob, Xeen, and Kristen are interested in forming Psi Phi teams.
- The Indiana Jones trilogy came out on DVD. David has this.
- X-Files Season 8 is also out on DVD. David doesn't have this.
- Other DVD releases:
- Nov. 18: a 2-pack of 2001: A Space Odyssey and A Clockwork Orange; "Aqua Teen Hunger Force" season 1; "Beastmaster" season 3; "Mystery Science Theater 3000" volume 4 ("Space Mutiny," "Girl in the Gold Boots," "Overdrawn at the Memory Bank," "Hamlet").
- Nov. 25: The Dark Crystal Collector's Edition Boxed Set.
- Dec. 2: "Alias" season 2; "Farscape" season 4 vol. 1; Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl ($18, has commentaries, 19 deleted scenes, a blooper reel, seven featurettes, an image gallery, and odds and ends).
- Dec. 9: "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" season 5; "Firefly" season 1 ($35, has commentary on eight episodes, deleted scenes from three episodes, a gag reel, and odds and ends); The Neverending Story III.
- Dec. 16: The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.
- Jan. 6: "Babylon 5" season 4; Underworld.
- Jan. 20: "Jeremiah" season 1; "Dilbert" season 1 [a show that is currently running on Comedy Central]; "Stargate: SG-1" season 5.
- Jan. 27: Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country Special Edition; Star Trek: Original Movie Crew Collection (Star Trek movies 1-6).
- Feb. 3: Planet of the Apes 35th Anniversary Edition; "Red Dwarf" series 3 and 4.
- Feb. 10: "Angel" season 3.
- Feb. 17: "Roswell" season 1.
- The Digital Bits has a review of the LotR:TTT Extended Edition DVD.
- The Alien Quadrilogy DVD will have nine discs (four for the original versions, four for special editions, and one with lots of special features such as
interviews with Sigourney Weaver and Ridley Scott). It will be $100, and will come out Dec. 2. Or, if you don't want all four, they will come out
separately for $27 each on Jan. 6. "Alien" has commentary with Ridley Scott and most of the film's stars.
- Stephen King's novel "Wolves of the Calla" came out Tuesday. It's the fifth book of the Dark Tower septilogy.
- J.G. Hertzler is working with Paramount on a new Klingon graphic novel.
- Kristine Kathryn Rusch's new novel "Fantasy Life" has come out, and David has a copy. It's about unearthly beings in a haunted area of Oregon.
- Sr. Bob thinks this sound somewhat erotic, until it is explained to him that the book deals with Oregon, not organs.
- The Buffy/Angel novel "Cursed", by Mel Odom, is out now. David has this book as well. It happens during Buffy's fifth season and Angel's third season,
which is odd because those seasons don't really happen at the same time.
- A Buffy book, "The Quotable Slayer", is coming out next month. It was compiled by Micol Ostow and Steven Brezenoff.
- Dynamic Forces announced they will be creating "Army of Darkness" comic books, starting next year.
- A new episode of "Family Guy", which never aired on Fox, will be airing on the Cartoon Network on Nov. 9.
- The Enterprise episode "Chosen Realm" will air in January. It tackles the issue of a religious extremist group who believes the spheres in the Expanse
are holy relics. There will be parallels to Islamic fundamentalists.
- The game "Star Trek: Shattered Universe" for PS2 and XBox has been pushed back to January 2004.
- In the realm of science fact: there will be a total lunar eclipse on November 8. The total eclipse will occur from 7:06 to 7:31 pm Central Time; from
5:32 to 9:04 pm is the time of partial eclipse.
- Monica asks when it will occur in Eastern Time. David tells her it will be one hour later.
- Laura saw a trailer for "Troy" before The Matrix Revolutions. Troy will star Brad Pitt and Orlando Bloom.
- A new hardback Star Wars books came out on Tuesday: "The Unifying Force".
- Jon reported on Batman: Dead End, a fan film where Batman fights Alien and Predator. It's apparently pretty amusing. Email Jon if you're interested.
- A Clone Wars animated short will be shown on the Cartoon Network at 7:00 pm.
- Almost the entire cast of "Stargate: SG-1" signed on for season 8. Only Don Davis has not signed on yet.
Adjournment: 11:00 pm
Psi Phi Sector 001 /