[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order: 10:01:55 pm
- Don Steiner (Captain)
- Amanda "Mini" Patrow (-> First Officer)
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Joan Johnson (Grand Nagus)
- Jon Lascelles (Constable)
- Kristen Zidon (Communications Officer)
- Matt Adams
- Erin Blair
- Marisa Bonomo
- Megan Doggett
- Joel Doran
- Andrew Evans
- Josh Evans
- Julie Faas
- Alex Fradg
- Tara Hull
- Elizabeth Koprucki
- Lyz Liddell
- Becca Maska
- Andy Neebel
- Emily Nelms
- Joel Oberdieck
- Joy Peralta
- Meaghan Porter
- Robert Quinlivan
- Lauren Rapciak
- Jaime Reynolds
- Joe Taylor
- Monica Vorass
- Daniel Wentzel
- Eric "Xeen" Wills
- Landon Winkler
- Kevin Zepp
- Marisa's Keychain of Doom
- Cool Trogdor Hoodie (made by Kristen's older sister)
- Xeen's everpresent video game thing
There were 33 human attendees and at least three inanimate ones.
Summarized and approved; interrupted for a moment by a cell phone
ringing the X-Files theme.
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
- Welcome, new people! According to David's count, there are "many" new
people here (this number is accurate, plus or minus a smidge). [Looking at
the attendance shows that there are in fact 15 new people at the meeting,
falling squarely within David's precise estimation.]
- There are also several returning members--people who graduated but love
us so much that they just can't stay away: Lyz Liddell, Landon Winkler,
Joel Oberdieck, Julie Faas, and of course David Henderson.
- We need to send out a final invitation/reply list (but David's email's having problems).
- We'll need to get the T-shirt order (final-ish design: "Ten Years as Science Fiction's Last, Best Hope"
on one side, "Its Continuing Mission: 1994-2004" on other) and place said order.
- From Laura Zadrozny: "I guess I never mentioned that Scott [Liekis] and I will be coming down for the reunion. Well we
will! I wasn't sure who we were supposed to RSVP to...but I knew that if I got it to you [David], it would get to the
rest of them. Don't forget to mention us at the new members meeting in your relations report! Tell the new members to be
afraid... be very afraid... and perky!... oh, and afraid, that's right! Mwahahahahaaaa!"
- As requested by Laura, David gave a wonderfully evil laugh at this point.
- The movie Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow is coming out September 17. We could consider having an away
mission during the reunion, maybe Sunday afternoon.
- We have lots o' Psi Phi T-shirts from previous years! Buy them! (If you're interested, you can talk to Joan, the
Grand Nagus, about it.)
- Meaghan and Julie model two examples.
- We also have misprint shirts for $3. These say <geek> on the front and back, as opposed to the properly
printed ones, which say <geek> on the front and </geek> on the back.
- David: We have slashy and non-slashy shirts.
- Jon passes around his movie lists.
- Away missions are suggested. Four members are interested in seeing Alien Vs. Predator, while lots are
interested in seeing Hero. Jon looked up the times for Landmark and Rave theatres, and it is determined that
those interested will have a post-meeting meeting about it.
- Joe suggests renting a big vehicle for transportation and having someone pass the test to drive it, so we could use
that for away missions. Discussion of this is also postponed until after the meeting.
- Jon brought The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra, in case people wanted to watch it after the meeting.
- Joan comments that Jon brought a review of the worst movie ever this time.
Office Resource Committee:
- The office is still there.
- Jon could use help cataloging the items in the Psi Phi library.
- We're still not sure what to do with the table. Current options seem to be further stripping, painting, leaving it as
it is, or painting it a Maalox Mint green color.
- Julie will donate a microwave, as soon as she remembers to bring it.
- The fridge isn't working.
Constitution Reform Committee:
- Joe and Xeen acquired 96 bottles of pop for us at $0.50 a bottle. They ask if we noticed anything about them; the
general response is no. In fact, the bottles have passed their "best if used by" date, some by a year or so.
- The club votes on reimbursing Xeen and Joe for their $48. The vote is 29 in favor, one opposed, and three
- Computer parts have been donated to Psi Phi by Joe and Josh. No one's entirely sure who will assemble them.
- It is noted that one can evidently get a $50 Samsung monitor and get the rest of the computer for free.
No Report Committee:
- Joel Fried (a.k.a. Joelish) gives his report in absentia, a phrase which here means "by giving it to David to give to
- Joel has been working on a card game called Geekk, modeled after the game Fluxx (a card game in which the rules
and goals are constantly changing, depending on what cards are played). He has a card called "Pun Bonus."
- "If you have David in play, you may choose to draw one extra card. If you have Kenny, you may choose to draw
two extra cards. If you ARE Kenny and have Kenny, you may choose to draw four extra cards. If you make a pun,
you must discard your hand."
- No report.
- The Comm. Officer quickly checked her fortune cookie to see if she had a fortune worthy of her report.
- She did not, but Marisa had an interesting one: "Versatility is one of your outstanding features." (In bed.)
(With a duck.) [The last bit is Jon's fault.]
- The Comm. Officer delivers her actual report, which is that, while on the elevator, she saw a guy wearing a "Campus
Crusade for Cthulhu" shirt.
- The minutes are out; they are also online at http://www.bradley.edu/campusorg/psiphi/minutes/04f/M040825.html, thanks to David.
- The Constable was watching an Eddie Izzard sketch where he was talking about the schedule of a mass murderer: "Get up
in the morning, death, death, death, death, death, death, death, lunch, death, death, death, afternoon tea, death,
death, death, quick shower..."
- The Constable wrote this on the message board on his door as his schedule. At 3:00 a.m., there was a knock on his
door--the RA, wanting to know if anything was wrong.
- The Constable had a bottle of shampoo thrown at him by his roommate for this.
- Everything is under control. Amish terrarium.
Chief of Operations:
- The Chief changed the club's Constitution to add "and fantasy" in appropriate places.
- The Chief is working on updating the mailing list to accommodate more names. Hopefully, this will be finished this
weekend. Until then, the mailing list will not work; if you have messages to send to the list, send them to the Chief
and he will forward them manually.
- If you use Hotmail, you may need to check your spam folder for any messages with "Psi Phi" in the subject line, and add
the sender to your contact list. Otherwise, they may end up in the junk folder and be deleted after a short time.
- The Nagus reported her away messages, taken from www.mutedfaith.com. Two
examples are: "Me not here / Me go bye / Leave me message / Me
reply" and "A B C D E F G / Gummi Bears are chasing me / One is red and one is
blue / The yellow one just ate my shoe."
- We have $1062.82 (after David added $198.24 on Friday) in our checking account, $25 in our savings account, $67.64 in
the vault, and $0.20 in the Unnamed Fund.
- We plan to reimburse Xeen and Joe for pop; Xeen notes that his bank knows him as Eric.
- "I sleep now."
- We have $324.04 from Amazon.com QTD (7/1-8/31). We may possibly get over $500 by the end of September with growth
- Psi Phi gets money from Amazon.com when people purchase items from there by going through a Psi Phi link (for
instance, www.psiphi.org/dvd). You don't have to buy any of the items
featured on the page; just click on one of them to get to Amazon.com and then choose what you'd like to buy from
there, and we get a percentage of the money!
- There is no First Officer report because we were in between First Officers at this point.
- We have letters; therefore, "Letters" is sung. (Lyrics, for those unfamiliar with them:
"Letters! We get letters! We get sacks and sacks of letters! [Very brief musical interlude.] Letters!"
The basis for the song is originally from David Letterman, but it's not stolen or anything like that. Nooooo.)
- We get a reminder about the job fair coming up.
- Habitat For Humanity is holding their annual Shack-a-Thon on Wed., Sept. 29 to Thurs., Sept. 30. For Shack-a-Thon,
organizations give HFH $30, and in exchange get to build a shack out of cardboard boxes and other materials that
might be available to homeless people. At least one person from the organization should be in or near the shack at
all times (it doesn't have to be the same person all the time, though.) The money goes to various HFH acts,
students get a slight idea of what it might be like to live in a shack, and it's actually a pretty good time.
- The club votes on reforming the Shack-a-Thon committee: 29 in favor, zero opposed, four abstaining.
- Bradley Fellows wrote something to us. It is asked if they will give us money; the response is that they will give
us leadership ability. David: And leadership ability can be exchanged for goods and services!
- We receive a packet regarding volunteering opportunities from the Volunteer Network. One of these is Return to
Hogwarts, a Harry Potter-themed event. You can contact the Comm. Officer if you're interested.
- The Captain's computer works now!
- Jon sent the Captain a link to a game demo: "Evil Genius." It seemed highly appropriate.
- Jon did not look up Porta-Potty prices yet.
- Marisa notes that other activities could take place at her place, like using the woods for LARPing.
- Jon: I'm a level 14 Nerd with a level 6 Mage!
- Josh Evans says that he has a Vampire LARP on Saturday nights, and you can see him if you're interested.
- Kristen notes that we have a section of the meeting where information like this would normally go (Other
Organizations' Announcements, or OOA), but obviously Josh wouldn't know that, as he's a new member. Just for
- Lyz tells the club that she graduated from grad. school and is moving into an apartment in town. She had help moving
in, but she could use some more help with additional stuff, and is willing to bribe people with cake. Those interested
are to talk with her after the meeting.
- We have forms we need to fill out for the club to continue existing, but since we can't get all the signatures required
tonight, we'll hold off on that.
- Snaps are given for Joe's pot pie and Elizabeth's pocky.
- We need to elect a First Officer. The duties are summed up (and can be found in more detail at http://www.bradley.edu/campusorg/psiphi/bylaws.html#by5_IV). Five people volunteer: Elizabeth Koprucki, Marisa
Bonomo, Xeen Wills, Lyz Liddell, and Mini Patrow. Lyz withdraws when it is noted that only a Bradley student can be
First Officer. The candidates give their speeches, and the final vote is four for Xeen, six each for Elizabeth and
Marisa, and nine for Mini, who therefore becomes this semester's First Officer. Congratulations, Mini!
Other Organization's Announcements:
- The first meeting for new members of the Anime Club will take place on Friday, in Baker B53 (in the basement). They'll
be watching Read or Die.
- MCS (Bradley's gaming club) will meet on Friday at 5:00 in front of the big television in the Student Center, as usual.
- The second season of Jeremiah resumes this Friday at 7:00 p.m. on Showtime--two episodes for each of the next
- The Sci-Fi Channel is looking to get exclusive rights to show Doctor Who.
- Charmed season 7 begins Sunday, September 12 on the WB.
- Rene Auberjonois (ST:DS9, Star Trek 6) will be joining the cast of Boston Legal as another Senior
Partner, alongside William Shatner (ST:TOS, TekWar). James Spader (Stargate) will also star.
- A new Highlander animated TV series is in development.
- Brent Spiner and J.G. Hertzler will be on Enterprise Oct. 29, in the episode "Borderland". Paul Wight (a.k.a.
"The Big Show" wrestler) will also guest star.
- It is lamented that Ryan Woodrow, the person who would probably be most excited about this, is absent.
- ST:TOS Season 1 out now (David should have it
- The Star Wars Revamped Original Trilogy comes
out on DVD on Sept. 21.
- Star Trek: Voyager season 4 will be out on
DVD Sept. 28.
- Stargate: SG-1 Season 7 will be out on DVD
- Quantum Leap Season 2 will be out on DVD
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
DVD will be out Nov. 23.
- The movie Species III will be coming to the Sci-Fi Channel Nov. 27; the DVD is set for Dec. 7. Natasha
Henstridge returns briefly.
- It is noted that this film fails even at being a direct-to-video movie, and is instead a slight-detour-to-video
- A new Highlander movie is under development: Highlander: The Source. There's been no word on whether it
will tie into the animated series (see above).
- The BBC will be porting The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy text adventure (from InfoCom) to a web adventure,
to be illustrated by Rod Lord, who won a BAFTA Award for graphics in the original The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy TV show.
- Patrick Stewart recently under went heart surgery. He's doing fine.
- David shows us his Babylon 5 movie set. Each
movie has commentary and an introduction from jms. Also, the case is neat and shiny.
Adjournment: 10: 59.5(hot water)9(I date boys) p.m. (plethora)
Psi Phi Sector 001 /