[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order: 10:18 pm
It is noted that T-shirts were being sold before the start of the
meeting, which was delayed by the absence of a recorder (as required by
Bylaw 3, Article IV, section 2).
- Ryan Woodrow (Captain)
- Elizabeth Koprucki (First Officer)
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Eric "Xeen" Wills (Grand Nagus)
- Kevin Zepp (Constable)
- Jeff Hibbard (Faculty Advisor)
- Kristi Aulenbach
- Marisa Bonomo
- Joel Fried
- Joan Johnson
- Jon Lascelles
- Aaron Nevitt
- Mikiko Okamoto
- Meaghan Porter
- Monica Prorok
- Don Steiner
- Joe Taylor
- Will Vesely
- Guest: Megan Strickland
There were 19 attendees.
Not read, due to the absence of the Comm Officer.
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
- There will be an on-line chat this weekend, Saturday around 4pm. Anyone interested who hasn't been to one of the Reunion chats before, E-mail
David. Otherwise, he will invite all previous attendees. (If you're on-line and don't want to join the chat, just decline the invitation.)
- David will be contacting alumni soon with requests for contributions for the scrapbook, for T-shirt ideas and unofficial voting to see which
are the most popular, to see who might be interested in performing at the talent show, and to see who might have cameras or video equipment to
record things at the Reunion.
- Joe notes that he has video equipment. It is suggested that having multiple people with equipment may be a good thing.
- Ryan has submitted the room reservation requests for the Sundays of the four weekends discussed. David says that it was the Saturdays that were
under greater consideration. Ryan says that the room reservation folks told him Sundays were less likely to conflict, but he'll make the change.
It is further noted that the official Bradley University schedule for the fall has not yet been set, and the University will get first priority
when it comes to room reservations; all student organization requests will be considered after that.
- Half of the ordered T-shirts are in, specifically the "Babylon - 5, Deep Space - 9" scoreboard shirts. They are currently being passed out and
money is being collected.
- There was a misprint on the "geek" shirts; both front and back had <geek>, rather than having <geek> on the front and </geek> on
the back. A Cute Tee is correcting the shirts and they will be ready soon. They are also offering the misprinted shirts at $3 each. Contact Eric
or Ryan with orders for the misprinted shirts.
- Further orders are being taken for those who hadn't yet placed their orders. It is noted that some Alumni had expressed interest in the shirts.
Either Ryan or Eric will contact Ray Kremer at Purdue to see how many shirts people there want.
- In addition to the new orders, it is also suggested that the club purchase a few extras. It is decided to get two extra shirts of each design in
M, L, and XL, and one extra shirt of each design in XXL.
- Jon brings his movie lists, including "Knight Rider 2000".
- "Q The Wing Serpent" is mentioned.
- Joel invites people to watch sci-fi at his place, as there are not enough geeks and altogether too many greeks. He excludes Star Trek
episodes from this invitation. Ryan suggests this may have been done for the sole purpose of sticking in his craw.
Office Reform Committee:
- The office is still present, and the table is still unstripped.
- The Committee has "liberated" a lost desk, with the cooperation of the Acquisition Committee. It is in the office.
- We have a new television. Joe went to Rex's in Pekin, but due to a miscommunication in the price, he exceeded the approved amount by $10.84.
Jon and Joe each volunteered to cover the additional amount, but it is motioned that additional amount be covered by the Treasury. The motion is
seconded, and the motion passes with a vote of sixteen for, none against, and two abstentions.
- Jon has begun cataloguing the Psi Phi Library. He would appreciate assistance in this endeavor. Please contact Jon if you would like to help.
- David motions that the Office Reform Committee's name be changed to the Office Resource Committee. This suggestion came alumni member Peter C. Jones.
The motion is seconded, and passes with a vote of seventeen for, none against, and one abstention. The name is hereby changed:
Office Resource Committee:
- Ryan announces that there will be stripping this weekend, Saturday at noon. The stripper will be tabled--or, rather, the table will be stripped.
Constitution Reform Committee:
- The Committees Bylaw is nearly finished. The CRC is waiting on getting procedures from T-shirt Committee--an idealized procedure, not the one that
was actually followed this time.
- Someone suggests that Joel not be contacted about proper T-shirt procedures. "Hey!", retorts Joel.
- Assuming the procedures are received before the next CRC meeting, the proposed Bylaw will be brought to next week's meeting for the Senior Officers
to vote on; if it is approved by a simple majority of the Officers, the club will vote on it at the following meeting.
- The CRC has begun working on the Officers Bylaw again. An initial list of duties and responsibilities was sent to the current Officers for them to
review. All Officers should send David and Joel suggestions as to any changes they would like to have made to this initial list.
- The next CRC meeting will be held on-line on Tuesday, February 24, at 10:00pm. If you would like to attend but have not been to an on-line CRC
meeting before, please contact David.
- We have a desk and television, as mentioned in the ORC report.
- Joel will send the ISBNs and prices of the list of proposed books to the club for consideration.
- Ryan thanks Eric for donating the Star Wars books last week.
- Kristi will bring several old Star Trek books from the early 1980's.
- Joe donates "The Star Trek Scriptbooks, Book 1: The Q Chronicles", a book containing the scripts to all of the Q episodes from TNG, DS9, and Voyager
(except "Q2", which had not yet aired when the book was published).
- Though perhaps more appropriately brought up in the ORC report, it is suggested that the games in the office be moved into the filing cabinet.
It is, however, pointed out that the games belong to MCS while the filing cabinet is Psi Phi's.
- It is suggested that the club purchase an F/A-18A Navy Blue Angel Hornet, currently listed on eBay for $2 Million. Unfortunately, the club is not
likely to have sufficient funds by the time the auction closes.
First Officer Koprucki, not having a list of all of the Committees handy, realizes there is one more Committee left but forgets which one it is.
Joel is not pleased at his Committee being forgotten.
No Report Committee:
- Kenny was working on puzzles at Joel's house during his visit. One of the puzzles was an anacrostic, where you have a bunch of fill-in-the-blank
words with clues, whose letters, when rearranged in a way specified by the puzzles, forms a famous quotation. Kenny only needed to fill in four of
the approximately twenty-six clues when he discovered what the quotation was; the first four words were "There is a theory", and any good Psi Phi
member should know the rest of that.
- No report.
- David in falsetto: "No report."
- It is suggested that the Comm Officer may be asleep or may have been eaten by a grue.
- Jeff notes that Kristen has [item deleted for security reasons].
- The minutes are being taken by David.
- He likes the scoreboard shirts.
- Kevin is watching DS9 for the first time with Dan Leach. They estimate that they will have to watch two episodes each day to finish the series by
the end of the semester.
- Kristi and Mikiko are doing the same thing; they're in the second season, while Kevin and Dan are still in the first season.
Chief of Operations:
- After a brief pause to write down the rest of the Constable's report, no report.
- The current balances are $114 in the vault, $601.87 in the checking account, and $25 in savings. The vault total will go up as more people pay for
- Eric notes that the Swords Hall account finally has Jeff Hibbard's name on it. The name on the account had been Erinn Lineback, who was Psi Phi's
Grand Nagus at the time the account was opened.
- Ryan got a letter in Psi Phi's mailbox addressed from "Auditor". He was sore afraid until he opened it and found that it was just the CEFCU On-Line
account password. He will meet with Eric and David after the meeting to distribute this information.
- The quarter-to-date total from Amazon.com is $239.72 through February 17.
- Rol, Joel's boss, has been told the "Joelish story".
- She is amused that the Hornet previously mentioned was listed on eBay under the Antennas category. Someone asks if it was an aerial antenna, a pun
deemed Kennyworthy and thus bappable-for.
- Elizabeth saw her first episode of "Angel" tonight, where Angel turned into a puppet. She particularly enjoyed the Spike/Angel fight with Angel as a
puppet, and puppet Angel vamping out.
- Elizabeth has made a very tiny book, complete with a dist jacket.
- [Re: Eric] "His is bigger." Much snickering ensues.
- The First Officer tried to take pictures of Eric in the greenhouse in Olin Hall, but she found one needed an access card to enter. She found a
"Push For Help" button and pushed it, thinking it may call an attendant to come open the door; however, the button was actually meant for handicapped
people who need assistance.
- Meaghan's chemistry class was downstairs at the time, and all of the fume hoods started buzzing. The teacher thought that was a fire alarm or
something, so now the whole class has to do that day's labwork at home.
- We have mail. "Letters" is sung.
- The aforementioned "Auditor" letter.
- A Smith Career Center flyer for education majors.
- Jeff reminds us about the Student Handbook blurb change, which has to be turned in by February 23. It is suggested that "fantasy" be added after
"science fiction". It is further suggested that "and" be added between the two. We leave it to Jeff's discretion to correctly apply the suggested
- Rocky Horror Picture Show -- Ryan currently has ticket money from six people. The show will begin at the midnight between February 28 and 29.
Tickets are $12; contact Ryan if you're interested in going.
- Moving meetings to 9pm -- This is discussed briefly and tabled until later in the semester.
- The Alien head quadrilogy is available for order at
It should be noted that the DVDs are Region 2, so you must be in Europe or have a Region-Free DVD player in order to play these discs. The $399.99
set will not ship until May 2004.
- "Weird Al" Yankovic will have a concert in Peoria on Wednesday, April 7 at 7:30pm. Tickets will go on sale on Monday, February 23 at
Enterprise will be a repeat this week; Angel and Smallville probably will be repeats also, so you won't miss anything by going.
Tickets will be $28.50 or $33.50 each.
- This week's Enterprise was pre-empted by college basketball. The game ended at 9:00, but a two-minute advertisement for some weird music set
was aired following the game. Enterprise's first two minutes were not shown, and the episode began "already in progress". The weekend repeat
will air on Sunday, February 22, at 7:00pm.
- Next week's Enterprise will ALSO be affected by college basketball. On-line listings suggest that basketball will run from 6pm-8pm, then
America's Next Top Model will air at 8pm as usual, and Enterprise will be on at 9pm. However, sometimes these listings are wrong!
It may very well be that Enterprise will air at 8pm. It appears that the Sunday repeat will be on at the usual time (2/29, 7:00pm), though.
Other Organization's Announcements:
- Anime Club may have some sort of something at some point. Maybe Saturdays once a month. Details TBA.
- B-Con will definitely happen, probably.
- After hot, sweaty provocation, Marisa hurtles her checkbook at Ryan, but misses and nearly wounds Kevin instead.
- Angel has been cancelled. This will be the final season on The WB, ending after 110 episodes. The WB says Angel TV movies next season
are a possibility. Insiders say moving to UPN is possible, but rather unlikely.
- Deep Space Nine reruns are coming to Spike TV, starting Monday, April 5th. The series will air weekdays at 6pm and Saturday at 3pm.
There will also be a DS9 marathon on Friday, April 9, from 8am to 10pm.
- Quashing rumors to the contrary, MGM said they were interested in getting Pierce Brosnan back for the next James Bond movie, scheduled for
- Upcoming sci-fi DVDs:
- Star Trek: Voyager season 1
- Andromeda season 3 volume 3
- The Greatest Sci-Fi Cartoons of All Time ($5.95)
- Space Camp
- Stargate: SG-1 season 6
- Doctor Who: "The Seeds of Death" and
"The Three Doctors"
- Futurama season 3
- MST3K volume 5 (Time Chasers,
Merlin's Mystical Shop of Wonders, Boggy Creek II, Touch of Satan)
- The Running Man special edition
- The Dead Zone season 2
- The Final Countdown
(Nimitz aircraft carrier transported back in time to pre-Pearl Harbor)
- Farscape season 4 volume 3
- Hercules season 3
- Sci Fi Classics: 50 Movies Pack ($24.49)
- CSI:CSI season 3
- Dark Shadows volume 11
- Sci Fi Classics 8-disc set ($21.23)
- Teenagers From Outer Space [1959 movie]
- The Matrix Revolutions
- Babylon 5 season 5
- The Haunted Mansion
- Andromeda season 3 volume 4
- classic sci-fi/horror movie boxed sets:
Bela Lugosi as Dracula (Dracula, Dracula's Daughter,
Son of Dracula, House of Dracula),
Boris Karloff as Frankenstein (Frankenstein, Bride of
Frankenstein, Son of Frankenstein, Ghost of Frankenstein, House of Frankenstein), and
Lon Chaney as Wolf Man (The Wolf Man, Werewolf of London,
Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man, She-Wolf of London), and
a megabox of all three sets.
- Scary Movie 3
- Star Trek: Voyager season 2
- Smallville season 2
- Slaughterhouse Five
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer season 6
- Flight of the Nagivator
- Doctor Who: "The Curse of Fenric" and
"The Two Doctors"
- Quantum Leap season 1
- Spider-Man [60's version]
- The Cat from Outer Space
- The Shaggy Dog [45th Anniversary edition]
- In canis, corpore, transmuto! (from "The Shaggy Dog")
- It is also noted that The Critic: The Complete Series is now out.
- Wizards of the Coast stores are shutting down.
- The Bradley Hall bells sometimes play sci-fi music.
Adjournment: 11:04 pm.
Psi Phi /