From: email@example.com (Peter C. Jones)
Subject: Meeting Minutes 09/13/95
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 95 13:08:31 CDT
[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order:
The meeting was called to order at 9:04pm by the Captain, Bob Schmanski.
Attendance was taken. In attendance were:
- Mike Campagna
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Ian Hojnicki
- Peter C. Jones (Communications Officer)
- Erinn Lineback (Grand Nagus)
- Paul Mulka (First Officer)
- Seth Robison
- Bob Schmanski (Captain)
- Rich Spiwak
- Guest: Teri Imig
- Guest: Drew Murphy
- Guest: Ben Olson
- Guest: Guillermo Robledo
- Justin Philbrook [Late Arrival]
- Ward Ryder [Late Arrival]
The minutes from the previous meeting were summarized
- Ian Hojnicki is the new chairman. Seth Robison is a committee member.
- The movie for this week will be Star Trek: Generations.
It will be in the Heitz TV Lounge, at 3pm on Sunday. (Ian will try
to reserve that, ASAP.)
- Erinn asked if they had a VCR, or would have to rent one. Ian will
use his own.
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
- Nothing new from U. of Virginia or Rob Quinn at ISU.
- A group forming at the U. of Texas, San Antonio, has asked for Psi
Phi affiliation. Responded that we're in the process of preparing
for multiple sectors.
- Has been expanded to Recruitment and Relations Committee,
i.e., dealing with Alumni members, and getting new members, but not
caring about current members.
Chief of Operations:
- www.psiphi.org (aka psiphi.psiphi.org) is now a
registered and recognized domain name. Change any Psi Phi links
to that. Seeing about getting mail to Psi Phi members through that
(for example, mail to firstname.lastname@example.org would be forwarded
to Paul's preferred mailbox.
- Some one needs to reserve the Heitz and Wyckoff TV Rooms. Ian will
at least reserve the Heitz, since he's got to get it for this week's
- Erinn asked how necessary it was to reserve Wyckoff's TV Room, since
we've had no problems in the past. In order to safeguard our use
of the room, was the response.
- More dues have been paid.
- The current balance is $93.77, a record.
- Pay your dues, or at least arrange for payment.
- The Captain asked about the budget. Unless we find something to
budget for, we don't really need one.
- After you've paid your dues (or arranged therefore), you need to see
him to sign the Psi Phi Log.
- If you ever arrive late, you need to see him to make sure you're
counted in attendance.
- The Captain informed him that he needs to update SAO with the new
officers and Constitution.
David found out that the Constitution
needs to be signed by the senior officers, before being turned in.
- SAO Keys: There was
no order in Work Control for our permanent keys
(which go to Captain Bob Schmanski and Grand Nagus Erinn Lineback),
so that's now been submitted. They should be ready in a few days.
(It was clarified that they are keys for our Sisson 437 office, shared
with Habitat for Humanity and Hawaiian Club.) The senior officers
may all check out a key from the Student Center Info Booth.
- David announced that we've got a mailbox in SAO again.
- T-Shirts: If you have any design ideas, bring them.
- As an alternative to T-Shirts, how about pins? Too expensive.
One guest present has a button maker, if we wanted buttons.
- Meeting location: We have this room (Student Center Meeting Room 6)
reserved for 9:30pm for the next two weeks. We'll try getting in as
close to 9:00pm as possible, though, for our meetings.
- David brought up the speaker we had been contacted about co-sponsoring.
Since the Captain has heard nothing about him, since, it probably
will not happen.
- Justin and Ward asked how to join a committee. See the First Officer.
(The Communications Officer pointed out that you also had to be
an active member.)
- David's New Business:
- Sisson Office has no Audix, but one of our roommate-groups might
have an answering machine, or we might be able to get together
- #PsiPhi IRC Channel:
any interest? (Almost no one knew what
IRC was. Apparently not much interest.)
- Generations, the full, uncut edition, should be coming out
(on video) around Christmas. Cut scenes include atmospheric
skydiving and a torture scene.
- Dr. Who movies on Fox: plans for 2-6 2hr movie-of-the-week.
Confirmed by Jean-Mark Lofficier, someone integral in the
Fox-BBC business negotiations.
- Paul Mulka is a member of the Science-Fiction Book Club. He gets two
free books if he can get a friend to enroll. Initial offer: 6 books
for $1, an seventh for about $5, and a 4 book requirement over the next
two years (at 30-70% off the regular hard-cover price).
The meeting was adjourned at 9:26pm.
Psi Phi Sector 001 /