From: email@example.com (Peter C. Jones)
Subject: Meeting Minutes 09/27/95
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 95 9:52:26 CDT
[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order:
The meeting was called to order at 9:08pm by the Captain, Bob Schmanski.
Attendance was taken. In attendance were:
- Brad Boyer
- Mike Campagna
- Eric Gustafson
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Peter C. Jones (Communications Officer)
- Paul Mulka (First Officer)
- Monica Prorok
- Ward Ryder
- Bob Schmanski (Captain)
- Rich Spiwak
- Nate Sullivan
- Erinn Lineback (Grand Nagus) [Late Arrival]
- Justin Philbrook [Late Arrival]
The minutes from the previous meeting were summarized
- Chairman Not Present. Committee Member Ward Ryder gave report.
- Ian has decided to not be chairman, but is still part of the committee.
- Justin and Ward will try to get a movie for Sunday. E-mail them
(Ward = ryde@rhf,
Justin = schlumpf@rhf)
with suggestions. (Dune was suggested.)
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
- The three members (David, Peter, Rich) actually met: worked on setting
up a basic layout for the constitution of the (inter-)national
organization (in Psi Phi Terms: "Psi Phi Federation" "Universal
- Ward questioned the meaning of "Universal". We are the first
chapter ("Sector") of Psi Phi.
There exist several other clubs that we've been in contact with
regarding a "Charter" for the Universal Organization. The M-S
committee's purpose is to form that Charter, providing for
adding new Sectors, the privileges/rights/responsibilities of
sectorship, et cetera.
- Received postcard from Paul Schrenker. It was read aloud.
Chief of Operations:
- Web info: our access percentages are going up again,
after the post-crash downfall.
- New project: a DS9 Web message board.
- Not Present.
- Communications Officer announced that Monica has agreed to pay.
- Comm. Officer transferred last week's $5 payment to the Grand Nagus.
- No Report.
- Captain asked if the key list was in: Yes.
- Got his permanent key.
- Room Reserve Slips.
- From ACBU: We are co-sponsoring a speaker:
Robert Hastings: February 28, 1996, Student Center Ballroom,
7:30pm. Asked to help in word-of-mouth advertisement and
attendance (40-50% membership).
- T-Shirts: Tabled once again.
- Next Week's Meeting Location: Student Center Meeting Room 3, for
the next four weeks.
- A Sci-Fi Book Club group membership? Under care of one person?
Tabled until a higher attendance.
- Justin: suggested 9:30 meeting time. Voted on: unanimously approved.
- David: Season Premier of DS9: Tues (Oct 3) 9:00-11:00pm.
A good one to invite people interested in Sci-Fi to--it is supposedly
well thought out, and far reaching in effects, etc.
Will it be taped? Most likely by many.
- [Late Grand Nagus Report]: Treasury has not changed since Nate's
$5 payment was received by the Nagus.
- Ward asked about the movie start-time: used to be at 3:00, but has
been moved to 3:30 (on Sunday afternoon).
The meeting was adjourned at 9:25pm.
Psi Phi Sector 001 /