From: email@example.com (Peter C. Jones)
Subject: Meeting Minutes 01/25/95
Date: Thu Jan 26 16:37:18 CST 1995
[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order:
The meeting was called to order at 10:00pm by the Captain, Bob Schmanski.
Attendance was taken. In attendance were:
- Matt Detzler
- Joe Grabowski
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Peter C. Jones (Communications Officer)
- Erinn Lineback (Grand Nagus)
- Bobby Ray (First Officer)
- Bob Schmanski (Captain)
- Todd Smith
- Donald Wood (CMO)
- Guest: Jeff Bassuener
- Guest: Paul Schrenker
- [Late Arrival] Jeremy Banks
The minutes from the previous meeting were read
- The movie for this week was going to be Star Wars
but a motion was made and approved to change it to Metropolis
[Correction: The movie was not changed to Metropolis (1926),
it was changed to Spaceballs.]
Chief of Operations:
- Two posters have been SAO approved until
February 30, and are available for posting.
- Todd Smith's e-mail address will be added to the membership page
after he gets the account.
- Jay Johnson now has a login at Lewis University--it can be found
on the membership list on the homepage.
- The Chief has been reimbursed for $5 poster duplicating costs.
- No report.
- David H. asked how homepage was going. Peter said he
is getting used to it, and apologized for not knowing all the names
yet--but he's working on them.
- The current balance is $56.12.
- Erinn Lineback has now paid her dues.
- Reimbursed Chief of Operations $5 for duplicating costs.
- There is now a hardcopy of the January, 1995 Finances (data
and graph) in the official records.
- Matt Detzler asked about getting a bank account for Psi Phi,
Erinn amended it to just someplace safe, David H. suggested a
strongbox. Todd motioned to table. Motion was seconded and approved.
- Jeremy Banks requested that expenditures be made clear before
occuring, and David H. suggested a small discretionary "petty cash"
amount be allowed ($5).
- Matt suggested setting up a copying account with the Audio Visual
in the Student Center because it's inexpensive copying. The Grand
Nagus will ask about doing so.
- David H. suggested receipts for those who have paid their dues and read
all who have paid for the Nagus's benifit. The Nagus then distributed
- Wrist is still messed up, but getting better.
- Matt Detzler asked about what the First Officer's duties entailed,
and those duties were explained.
- Matt continued by asking the Chief of Operations about the radio show,
and received the response that the Chief will be on "Matt's Post-Modern
Radio Show" (10a-Noon Saturday, WRBU) as the last guest (about 11:30).
- The status of Psi Phi's officers needs to be reported to Student Activities
Office. The Communications Officer is given that duty.
- Please listen while others talk: it will make things go much more
- The TCI petition has been relegated to internet postings because of
a new discoverey that any petition would have to be national.
The item has been closed.
- A Recruitment Committee has been
formed, with the First Officer appointing David H. as the Chairman.
Joe Grabowski and Bobby Ray comprise the remainder of the committee.
- The Honors Science Fiction seminar is more focused on reading
and discussion of that reading, and would not really accommodate
Psi Phi coming in and doing something, but Erinn will try to get
an in-class mention of Psi Phi.
- A location is needed for Monday night viewings of TekWar on USA
(the Wyckoff TV does not get USA). Joe Grabowski has offered his
room and can get the original four TekWar movies later.
- Matt Detzler suggested a meeting for discussing written Science
Fiction. A weekend meeting was suggested, but no firm time has
- David Henderson introduced new people:
- Jeff Bassuener (jeffwb)--senior; likes science fiction; will
be joining soon (either this meeting or next).
- Paul Schrenker (pauliwog)--freshman; likes science fiction.
- Jim Young (jyoung) [not in attendence]--sophomore; likes
science fiction; in charge of Star Trek club three years ago.
The meeting was adjourned at 10:43pm.
Psi Phi Sector 001 /