From: email@example.com (Peter C. Jones)
Subject: Meeting Minutes 02/01/95
Date: Fri Feb 3 12:17:23 CST 1995
[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order:
The meeting was called to order at 10:00pm by the Captain, Bob Schmanski.
Attendance was taken. In attendance were:
- Matt Detzler
- Joe Grabowski
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Peter C. Jones (Communications Officer)
- Erinn Lineback (Grand Nagus)
- Bobby Ray (First Officer)
- Bob Schmanski (Captain)
- Donald Wood (CMO)
- Jeff Bassuener (Guest->Member)
The minutes from the previous meeting were read
and approved with corrections.
- Last weeks movie was not Space
Balls (again) because it cannot be reserved over a weekend.
The Last Starfighter was shown.
- The movie for this week will be Star Wars.
- A reminder: the movies are shown at 3:00pm Sundays in Heitz TV Room.
- It was suggested that movie listings & times (and times of other
events) be posted on members' doors, so that they can remember them
and can act as more advertisement.
- The brochure is done.
- The Grand Nagus needs to reimburse Joe $1.50 for poster copying.
- Matt asked what else was being done. The response: nothing else.
Chief of Operations:
- Setting up mirror of Vidiot's Voyager WWW site soon.
- Todd Smith's email address has finally been added to the
- Jay Johnson is interested in setting up a Psi Phi sector at
Lewis University. We thus need a committee to discuss changes
required by going to multiple sectors.
- We need to start thinking about Activities Fair and the stuff
we want there. Joe suggested a video. Bob S. suggested a
- Start thinking about getting an office in Sisson. Matt offered to
look into it.
- Matt questioned the Rules of Acquisition being on
(such a noticeable spot on) the brochure. Suggestions were made
for either changing it to a "Top 10 Reasons to Join Psi Phi" list,
or append "Ferengi" to it and/or move it to a different place.
The Chief will take it under advisement.
- Spent $3 renting movie, and $1 for the VCR. (Jeff offered his VCR
for the future.)
- The current balance is $52.12.
- With the $1.50 to Joe for posters, it will be $50.62
- Please pay dues.
- Still looking into copy account.
- There shouldn't be much more "petty cash" spending on movies because
the next few movies (the Star Wars
Trilogy) are owned by Bob S.
[Correction: the Star Wars
Trilogy is owned by David "Lunch" Rowe. Bob S. owns the
Star Trek movie series.]
- We still need to find out about summer storage for money. If we get
the office, a strongbox there would be good.
- David H. asked if the budget was drawn up. No, because most of our
spending is copies and rental, which are pay-as-you-need items.
- Jeff was originally counted late on last week's minutes, but that was
remedied on the second-edition minutes.
- Minutes corrections will be made after the
next meeting, both for ease of correction and for limiting number
- The SAO now knows
that Psi Phi has new officers.
- Birthdays have been added to the
members list. (Donald pointed out that
his birthday was off by a day--that will be corrected.)
- Matt asked if the Communications
Officer will have to deal with
the other sectors. That will be discussed.
- No Report.
- Joe asked if he ever has a report. No was the reply.
- Bob S. pointed out that the formation of the
should be mentioned in the First Officer's report.
- Meeting time for written science fiction discussion: no one has
time to organize it, so either mail to Psi Phi list or, even better,
post such discussion to bu.sf-lovers.
- Science Fictional Fantasy seminar: David H. says that Dr. Chapman should
have mentioned Psi Phi today, but has not.
- Security officer: it wouldn't be needed much, so just have the most
intimidating member function as such (unofficially).
- Other junior officers: CMO and committee heads are unofficially ranked
positions (have "rank" but not part of the Constitution).
- Reminder of Bylaw Section 1 Article I:
Be non-disruptive during episodes.
- It was suggested that the meetings be moved to the Harper-Wyckoff
Study Room, but doing so was decided against, because it's too busy
and the TV Room is more convenient.
- Matt pointed out that there's a Harper-Wyckoff committee to spend
the rest of the Halls' money which meets at 9:00pm on Sundays.
Harper-Wyckoff residents should attend and voice good suggestions.
- Jeff B. paid his dues at this time, and is now a member and his
status will be updated in the membership
- Matt suggested looking into getting a speaker through SABRC, and
that we should start thinking about who we'd want: someone with enough
appeal to bring in non-members. Matt will get the info from the
SABRC office in Sisson and Psi Phi will go through that info on
Tuesday at 9:00.
- David H. noted an ad in the Scout for Greek T-Shirts and
apparel. Bob S. offered to look into it to see if the prices were
reasonable for us.
- Matt has offered to be on the multi-sector committee that will be
forming (as mentioned in the Chief Of Operations'
The meeting was adjourned at 11:09pm.
Psi Phi Sector 001 /