From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Peter C. Jones)
Subject: Meeting Minutes 02/08/95
Date: Thu Feb 9 18:35:48 CST 1995
[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order:
The meeting was called to order at 10:00pm by the Captain, Bob Schmanski.
Attendance was taken. In attendance were:
- Jeff Bassuener
- Matt Detzler
- Joe Grabowski
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Peter C. Jones (Communciations Officer)
- Erinn Lineback (Grand Nagus)
- Bobby Ray (First Officer)
- Bob Schmanski (Captain)
- Paul Schrenker (Guest->Member)
- Don Wood (CMO)
- Guest: Bill Coleman
- Guest: Paul Mulka
The minutes from the previous meeting were read
this weekend: the brochure is printed and
will hopefully be approved tomorrow. We need volunteers to stand
outside and hand the brochures to viewers. (Sign-up sheet passed.)
- Bob S. suggested a banner in the distributing area for more exposure.
- We will have permission to distribute the brochures, as long as the
ACBU first gets to see them. They will be shown on Thursday, and were
shown the old one on Wednesday.
Chief of Operations:
- The Voyager WWW mirror of Vidiot's
Voyager page is now
open. (Printouts were passed around for the curious.)
- Jay Johnson said that setting up the Lewis University sector
would not be feasible this semester.
- The brochure has been edited: the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition have traded
places with the Officers list.
- Matt didn't find out yet about the office in Sisson, but
Joe says that we'd need a good reason to get one.
- Bob S. had two poster suggestions:
- Try different colors on our posters.
- Not so much text and make the text bigger.
- Last week's balance was $52.12. Jeff B. paid, bringing it up to
$57.12. After poster-copying costs, it was down to $55.62. Paul S.
paid this meeting, bringing us to $60.62.
- Hasn't yet checked into getting an account with Duplicating.
- Still no budget (because there's still nothing to budget).
- I broke my own rule and made pre-meeting corrections. I reserve that
- Joe suggested that the Communications Officer look into getting a
mailbox with SAO
and Bob S. mentioned that until we had one, Psi Phi mail would be
forwarded to the Captain.
- Our turnout to the Harper/Wyckoff Council meeting was bad:
only four members made it.
- Psi Phi mail: three pieces (forwarded to the Captain) that came too
late to do us any good. That's a good reason for a mailbox.
- Results of the Har/Wyc Council meeting: door and TV have been
suggested. The door needs to go through housing (that process has
been started) and the TV would be internal to Har/Wyc.
- Tonight, after meeting, the senior officers will talk with Bryan
Forsythe about both the door and the TV.
- Direct Order: If you are a Har/Wyc resident, attend the Council
- Science Fictional Fantasy seminar: still no mention of us there by
Dr. Chapman, but Jeff B. said that he did mention us in his
- The meeting about speaker information has been postponed.
- Greek T-shirts: two-letter T-shirts from the ad are $20 each. Bob S.
will see if he can find a better deal--more on the shirt and/or
- Multi-Sector Committee is
being formed to formulate general procedures
so that when we do expand, we will know what to do. Matt is the
chairman, and David H. is a member.
- Reasons for an office: treasury, storage of documents and club
possessions, and consolidation of phone bills. Matt will get the
documents so we can start applying.
- David H. passed around the info about us made public via the WWW for
- Bobby Ray said there's going to be a Science Fiction writer here
on Sunday, February 19th at 2:00pm.
- Peter passed on Jim Young's suggestion about Starfleet Command--a
national Star Trek fan club that charters local clubs under a ship
name and gives ranks--and said that he [Peter] might look into it
- Matt mentioned that graphic art students are looking for poster
projects and that he'll get us a contact name after his meeting with
them, so that we could suggest a Psi Phi project.
The meeting was adjourned at 10:45pm.
Psi Phi Sector 001 /