From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Peter C. Jones)
Subject: Meeting Minutes 02/15/95
Date: Fri Feb 17 16:08:28 CST 1995
[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order:
The meeting was called to order at 10:00pm by the Captain, Bob Schmanski.
Attendance was taken. In attendance were:
A quorum was present.
- Jeff Bassuener
- Joe Grabowski
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Peter C. Jones (Communications Officer)
- Erinn Lineback (Grand Nagus) [Left Early]
- Paul Mulka (Guest->Member)
- Bobby Ray (First Officer)
- Bob Schmanski (Captain)
- Guest: Nate Sullivan
- Guest: Nakita Roberson [Late Arrival]
- Guest: Aaron Whitaker [Late Arrival]
Nakita Roberson requested a tape of the Voyager premier episode,
"Caretaker." Bob S. offered his copy.
The minutes from the previous meeting were read,
corrected, and approved.
- The passing out of flyers at Stargate went
well: approximately 85 brochures were distributed. Thanks to
Joe, Paul S., Peter, Bob S., and David H. for helping.
- The permission to distributed those brochures was obtained from
the ACBU on Friday.
- Erinn asked if there were future movies at which we would be
passing out brochures. Only Generations remains.
- No report from the (absent) chairman.
- It was asked how an unpaid, and thus non-active, member could
chair a committee. The Grand Nagus will attempt to get the
Chairman's dues to rectify this situation.
Chief of Operations:
- Requested of the Grand Nagus $9.00 to cover brochure
duplication costs (3 cents/side/brochure * 2 sides * 150
brochures). The Nagus will get the money to the Chief.
- Updated the Membership List to
include when each member joined Psi Phi.
- Added a "What's on TV Tonight" web
page, updated daily to list that day's and the next's evening
television shows (or that day's and the previous day's
- Joe suggested that the Star Trek
Parodies list be added to our web, and will get the info to
- Bob S. will be getting together with the Chief and Joe
(probably on Friday) to design the Star
Trek movie series poster.
- Paul Mulka paid his dues. Paul S. had only paid $4.00 of his
- The current balance is $64.62.
- Chief of Operations needs to be reimbursed $9.00 for brochure
- Nagus will be "strongly encouraging" payment of dues from those
who have not yet paid.
- Nagus will be attending, with the Captain, a meeting on
budgeting at 1:30 at the SABRC on Thursday.
- Still no budget.
- Nagus has not checked about duplicating account, but the Chief
did: Without an account, copies are 5 cents per page; with an
account, they are 2 cents per page. Until Psi Phi gets an
account, David Fry
has offered use of the College
- The Chief of Operations gifted the Nagus with a laser-printout
of the Ferengi Rules of
- Has still not looked into the Starfleet Command national fan
- He also hasn't looked into getting a mailbox. The Chief has
offered to look into it if he has time. The Communications
Officer appreciates that offer.
- He has a report!
- He has a list of QVC Star Trek merchandise. See him for the
- Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker from the Star Wars
trilogy) will be on seaQuest DSV February
26th as a hostile morphing alien. The First Officer has a
picture available for viewing--see him.
- The turnout of Psi Phi members to the Harper/Wyckoff Council
was again poor--only three made it. The result of the
meeting: Bob S. will be pricing TVs for the Council on
- Please attend Har/Wyc Council meetings.
- The Captain has drawn up the plans for installing the door, and
he has them available to view. He will turn them in to
Brian Forsythe, the Harper/Wyckoff Hall Director.
- Peter asked about a different viewing time for Babylon 5 than at
10:00pm Sunday (during the Council meeting), or at 11:00pm
(immediately following the initial showing). Bob S. has the
tapes, and Bobby Ray offered his TV+VCR at a mutally convenient
- David H. pointed out that there should be a presence at the
10:00pm showing because it is one of our posted meeting times.
- Bob S. has not had time to look any further into T-shirt
- The meeting for information about getting a guest speaker is
still on hold, until Matt gets the information from ACBU.
- The Science Fiction writer that will be speaking on Sunday,
February 19th at 2:00pm is Steven Burgauer, the author of
FORNAX. He will be in the Wyckoff Room at the Library.
Bob S. pointed out that this may conflict with the showing of
of the Jedi.
- The graphics arts poster project would be good for producing
the movie posters.
- Dr. Chapman mentioned us in the Honors seminar today!
The meeting was adjourned at 10:37pm.
Psi Phi Sector 001 /