From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Peter C. Jones)
Subject: Meeting Minutes 03/01/95
Date: Thu Mar 2 16:05:23 CST 1995
[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order:
The meeting was called to order at 10:00pm by the Captain, Bob Schmanski.
Attendance was taken. In attendance were:
- Jeff Bassuener
- Joe Grabowski
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Peter C. Jones (Communications Officer)
- Paul Mulka
- Robert Ray (First Officer)
- Bob Schmanski (Captain)
- Paul Schrenker
- Don Wood (CMO)
- [Late Arrival] Erinn Lineback (Grand Nagus)
The minutes from the previous meeting were read
- The movie turnout was again good on Sunday: 8, 5, and 6 people
showed up to Star Trek I,
II, and III, respectively.
- This week, Star Trek II,
III, and IV will be shown at 1:00, 3:00, and 5:00,
respectively, as per the schedule.
- After the Star Trek movie
series, the Sunday movies will be shown in the Wyckoff TV
Room, rather than in Heitz.
- Bobby Ray announced that the movie ad should be on page 4 of
the Fusion in this week's Scout.
- Bob S. might not be able to be on time for the Sunday movies,
so he needs to arrange with someone to get the speakers and
movies there. Joe volunteered.
- Chairman Absent
- David H. suggested getting a new chairman. That falls under the
responsibilities. Talk to the First Officer if you're willing
Chief of Operations:
- The WWW DS9 and Voyager
press release sites are almost done. (He's trying to squeeze
them up to 28.5 times better.) They should be done by next
- Also on the Web page, the "What's on TV Tonight?" page also has a Highlights section, just giving the
show, channel, time, and classification of the show. It is
also searchable: in Lynx, hit "s", then type in the search
criteria for one of the above.
- David H., acting in kindness toward the busy Nagus, went to
Swords Hall on Friday and set up a Psi Phi account there and
with Duplicating. The various codes are with David, and will
be given to the Nagus as soon as possible.
- [Late Arrival] The Nagus will get a copy of the monthly
spreadsheet to the Communications Officer, probably next week.
- The current balance is $56.42. The Communications Officer
needs $0.95 for a new notepad, so it's now down to $55.47.
- After being informed of David's kindness, the Nagus "thrice
blessed" him, because she had had difficulties finding the
correct place to set the accounts up.
- Received $0.95 from the Nagus for a new minutes notepad.
- David, as per his volunteering two weeks ago, went to the SAO to see
about an office and a mailbox. To get a mailbox, you first
have to have an office. To get an office for next semester, we
need a letter signed by the senior officers explaining why we
need the office.
- The Captain reported that when he was at the SABRC previously
asking about mailboxes, they seemed almost ready to give us one
then and there. The Captain will look into it.
- Erinn questioned whether it was a communication problem that Psi Phi
wasn't listed in a list of campus organizations from the Handbook.
If they were using the current Handbook, Psi Phi had not yet been
formed, but should be in next year's Handbook.
- No Report
- Joe and Don asked why he has no report. Doesn't he have anything
to do? David H. read the First
- presiding over meetings when the Captain is absent; and
- overseeing committees.
- The Harper/Wyckoff Council has gotten the TV from Becker, and
Joe and Bobby Ray brought it over and put it in the Wyckoff TV Room.
- The renovation plans are complete and available for viewing
after the meeting. They will then be turned in to Har/Wyc Hall
Director Brian Forsythe.
- Since Matt still hasn't gotten us the information for getting a
speaker, and the budget for such is due tomorrow, we won't be
getting a speaker for next semester. However, planning for the
semester after that should begin soon.
- Bob S. hasn't talked yet with David Fry of Ace Ventures about
getting Psi Phi T-shirts.
- Bringing in speakers: Paul S. has e-mailed with Richard L.
"Joshua" Shapiro, a UFO specialist. Joe suggested e-mailing Diane Duane (an
author of Star Trek novels and other Science Fiction)
again, and was corrected by David that it would be a first
time. However, David has e-mailed, on behalf of Psi Phi, Peter
A. David (an author of Star Trek novels and Babylon
5 episodes, among other works).
- Erinn announced two new Science Fiction TV shows she's seen
mentioned on the internet:
- Sliders, to be on Fox in March, about dimensional
doorways and alternate Earths; reported to be a good show.
- VR-5, apparently about virtual reality.
- Bob S. received e-mail about a Star Trek MUSH: telnet://www.onramp.net:1701/.
The meeting was adjourned at 10:30pm.
Psi Phi Sector 001 /