From: email@example.com (Peter C. Jones)
Subject: Meeting Minutes 03/08/95
Date: Thu Mar 9 16:37:09 CST 1995
[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order:
The meeting was called to order at 10:00pm by the Captain, Bob Schmanski.
Attendance was taken. In attendance were:
- Jeff Bassuener
- Joe Grabowski
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Peter C. Jones (Communications Officer)
- Erinn Lineback (Grand Nagus)
- Paul Mulka
- Bob Schmanski (Captain)
- Paul Schrenker
- Don Wood (CMO)
- Alumnus: Jay Johnson
- [Late Arrival] Robert Ray (First Officer)
The minutes from the previous meeting were read
- The turnout for last week's Star Trek
II, III, and IV was not as good as previously:
4, 2, and 3, respectively.
- Resume after break (Sunday, March 26th) with Star Trek III, IV, and V.
- David pointed out that the movie ad was not on page 4 of Fusion
in the Scout. Bobby Ray was going to look into it.
- David mentioned that, due to technical difficulties, last week's
movies were begun at 1:30, 3:20, and 5:00, not at the scheduled times.
- No Chairperson yet.
- Paul S. has suggested using IRC for talking with people from other
schools to generate interest in and work out the details of setting
up new sectors. Paul S. volunteered to coordinate that effort in
conjunction with the committee.
Chief of Operations:
- The WWW DS9 and Voyager
sites are now up! (And 29.2x better than the originals.) Printouts
of the primary pages were passed around.
- No change since last week, so the current balance is $55.47.
- Asked David where to deposit money in Psi Phi's account. David
responded to go to one of the windows in Swords Hall.
- The monthly spreadsheet has been given to the Communications Officer
- Bob S. reminded the Nagus to not deposit all of the money: keep some
for petty cash. She was planning on that already.
- The Nagus also brought up a point of interest: since she was elected,
there has been a net debit of $0.65.
- No Report.
- [Late Arrival] Was late because he was in the Lakota Sioux Indian
- He was asked if there was a chairperson yet for the Multi-Sector Committee. Not yet.
- Went to SABRC to see about getting a mailbox. He found that no office
is required, just a written or electronic request for one sent to
He e-mailed Peggy
of SAO with that
- He was asked on March 2 by ACBU if Psi Phi would cosponsor a lecture.
Since he had to make the decision then, and there would be no financial
obligation and only a small time commitment, he signed. However, that
does not guarantee that the speaker will come through.
- The rennovation plans have been turned in to Harper/Wyckoff Hall
Director Brian Forsythe, who will get them to Mike Murphy of Housing.
- Bob S. still hasn't talked with David Fry of Ace Ventures about
getting Psi Phi T-shirts.
- Nothing done about any of the possible speakers mentioned last week.
However, David might e-mail Peter A. David again, at his new address.
- VR-5, mentioned last week, begins this Friday (March 10),
filling in M.A.N.T.I.S.'s old 7:00pm timeslot on Fox.
- Sliders premiers on Wednesday, March 22, with a two-hour
movie at 7:00pm. Normal episodes will be Wednesday nights at 8:00pm.
- Joe asked for information on the new Dr. Who series. Erinn reported
that, due to the new networks (UPN and WB), Fox TV productions decided
not to go ahead, but Fox movie productions is working on a TV movie,
after which it might be made into a series.
- David has written up rules for the usage of the psiphi@lydia login,
to be voted upon at the next meeting. He will e-mail the exact
phrasing, but the main points are:
- Only used by Chief of Operations and Communcations Officer,
except during a transfer of control.
- Transferred after elections each semester.
- Primary control belongs to the Chief. The Communications Officer
has access primarily for minutes, membership documents, attendence,
and the mailing list.
- David brought up changing the meeting time, due to inconveniences
of the current 10:00pm on Wednesday meeting time for certain members
and prospective memebers. E-mail
David with times (M-F, 7-10pm) that would be good for you. He'll
see what seems to be best for everyone.
- David also mentioned, if the night is changed, that we might move the
meetings to a different location. This was tabled until it is decided
if the meeting time will change.
The next meeting will be in two weeks: March 22 at 10:00pm.
The meeting was adjourned at 10:33pm.
Psi Phi Sector 001 /