From: email@example.com (Peter C. Jones)
Subject: Meeting Minutes 03/22/95
Date: Fri Mar 24 16:26:09 CST 1995
[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order:
The meeting was called to order at 10:00pm by the Captain, Bob Schmanski.
Attendance was taken. In attendance were:
- Jeff Bassuener
- Matt Detzler
- Joe Grabowski
- Peter C. Jones (Communications Officer)
- Erinn Lineback (Grand Nagus)
- Paul Mulka
- Robert Ray (First Officer)
- Bob Schmanski (Captain)
- Paul Schrenker
- Don Wood (CMO)
- [Late Arrival] David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
The minutes from the previous meeting were read
- Committee Chairman is in dispute. Will be taken up with First Officer.
- Paul S. and David mentioned that the #PsiPhi IRC channel has been
open once, for about an hour. Four people stopped in. The purpose
of the channel is to feel for interest in starting other Psi Phi
- Matt asked is anyone's talked to science fiction clubs yet at other
schools to see if they'd be willing to be sectors of Psi Phi. Not yet.
Chief of Operations:
- There have been about 300 visits to the WWW Homepage
since February 25, from all over the globe: Australia, Sweden,
Finland, United Kingdom, USA, Japan, and Russia. A big help is
being listed on the
Yahoo Sci-Fi Clubs listing.
- On the positions page there are pictures
representing the various officers. Each officer was asked if he or she
approved of the corresponding picture, and modifications will be made
- A "What's New" page has been added for both the DS9 and Voyager pages.
- No change since the last meeting, so the current balance is $55.47.
- Of that, $40 has been deposited, leaving the other $15.47 as
- Still discussing the mailbox with Peggy of SAO.
- Before making comments in an officer's report, allow him or her
to finish what is being said.
- Bob S. still hasn't talked with David Fry of Ace Ventures about
getting Psi Phi T-shirts.
- Bob S. asked if there was anything from any of the possible speakers.
- The change in meeting time: David has only gotten three e-mails with people's preferred
meeting time, starting weeknights between 6 and 10 pm. Therefore,
also nothing new about a new location (since that is dependent on
- David got a call from Juline of the Peoria Planetarium Star Trek
show, who wanted fan input on some interactive topics for fifteen
minute discussion periods. David has a list of our suggestions. To
show support, we might consider attending the show some Sunday. (Shows
begin at 2, 2:45, and 3:30 on some Sundays from now until August.)
- Joe noted that the Wyckoff TV Room TV disappeared over Spring Break.
If it was
stolen, it will probably be replaced, otherwise, the future is unsure.
- David pointed out some Science Fiction movies coming out soon:
- May: Johnny Mnemonic with Keanu Reeves.
- May: Species: Shape changing genetically altered humans.
- Summer: Waterworld with Kevin Costner: A future, flooded
Earth due to melted polar icecaps.
- Summer: Congo based on Crichton's novel: Genetically mutated
- Joe says we have access to a new Star Trek song, which will
be played after the meeting.
- Matt, due to a lessening of his course load, is willing to start
a core group to discuss written Science Fiction. See him.
- David noted that Jeremy Banks has the Star Trek: The Next
Generation interactive VCR board game. E-mail him.
- Erinn also pointed out that there is a ST:TNG "Host a Mystery"
game, and maybe a DS9 one as well. Peter has the TNG one.
- Joe has now played the Star Wars role-playing game, which
he says is fun. He also mentioned there is a set of Star Trek
"Magic: The Gathering" cards.
- Matt now has a homepage.
- David has added more nifty stuff to the Psi Phi
- Added a page about Psi Phi at other
- Made some new, fancy HTML 3.0 versions of pages (can be viewed
with Netscape 1.1), of course leaving the old versions for
The meeting was adjourned at 10:40 pm.
Psi Phi Sector 001 /