From: email@example.com (Peter C. Jones)
Subject: Meeting Minutes 03/29/95
Date: Thu Mar 30 18:39:37 CST 1995
[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order:
The meeting was called to order at 10:00pm by the Captain, Bob Schmanski.
Attendance was taken. In attendance were:
- Jeff Bassuener
- Joe Grabowski
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Peter C. Jones (Communications Officer)
- Erinn Lineback (Grand Nagus)
- Paul Mulka
- Bob Schmanski (Captain)
- Paul Schrenker
- [Late Arrival] Robert Ray (First Officer)
The minutes from the previous meeting were read
and approved as corrected.
- Last week's showing of Star Trek IV was skipped.
Star Trek V and VI were shown as
scheduled. Attendance: 5,
- Star Trek V and VI will be shown again, as
- Bob will be late to this week's movies, so will arrange with
Joe to take care of setup.
- Joe might not have all four TekWar movies. He will check.
- Erinn asked if the showing of STV and STVI again is
redundant. Yes, it is, but the schedule
will be kept.
- There has not been time to make up the TekWar posters, which,
in a way, is good, since Joe is checking on having all of them.
- It has been confirmed: Paul S. is the committee chairman.
- Paul hasn't been on the #PsiPhi
IRC channel recently, but David
takes notes when he's on: 4 others have visited, and 1 has returned.
(One of the new ones was from Germany.)
- David has found out about UIUC's Sci-Fi Club, and is thinking of
opening an e-mail dialogue with them regarding joining Psi Phi.
Chief of Operations:
- Has not yet changed the pictures associated with each officer.
- The Psi Phi Web has had its first visitor from Mexico.
It has been added to more Web indices, bringing in even more
visitors. And there is at least one non-Bradley homepage on which
Psi Phi is linked.
- There has been no change: $55.47 Total, $40.00 in the account.
- The Nagus will not be at upcoming
episode viewings, due to a report on the Locarno Agreements (no
relationship to the TNG character).
- David informed the Nagus that there will be a book-version of the
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition, soon.
- Asked the Nagus about who has agreed to pay, of the unpaid members.
Those who have not will have their membership status corrected.
- Flooded the Scout with blue posters in an attempt to get them
to advertise the movies.
- David mentioned that since the Scout was going on-line, we could provide a link to the
- Psi Phi now has a mailbox (as David discovered), and has received
- A package including an application for an Office next year
(which will be filled out later), Club registration form for
next year, scholarship applications, service award applications,
and the "Outstanding Academic Advisor Award" nomination form.
See the Captain about any of these.
- The Technology
Forum flyer. See the Captain.
- ACBU wants coordinators. See the Captain.
- Erinn asked about the Harper/Wyckoff TV: Bobby Ray said that the Hall
Director said it was probably stolen, and will most likely not be
replaced this semester. Matt Detzler e-mailed the list, saying
to take that up at the Har/Wyc Council meeting on Sunday.
- David reported that the current 10:00pm on Wednesday meeting time
was the only universally agreeable time. Meetings will continue at
- It was decided, due to the lack of a Har/Wyc TV, to move the
meetings to the Heitz TV Lounge, still at 10:00pm. Joe asked
Erinn to okay this with the Heitz Hall Director. Any Psi Phi
episode viewings will also take place there, except for
Babylon 5, which will have to viewed elsewhere. Joe, Bobby
Ray, and Bob S. (when he's there) have volunteered their rooms for
B5 viewing, or find your own location.
- Bob S. still hasn't talked with David Fry of Ace Ventures about
getting Psi Phi T-shirts, and probably will not this week.
- David e-mailed Peter
A. David on Wednesday. Thursday morning, there
was a reply: he is quite busy, currently. David responded, asking
about free time next semester. (Since he usually doesn't charge
a fee, the fact that Psi Phi doesn't have SABRC funding does not
- Peter brought up the voting on the psiphi@lydia account-usage
rules. They will be voted on next
- David pointed out that Jay Johnson also has a copy of the Star
Trek murder mystery game, in case Peter cannot find his.
- David has a list of Star Trek character fan clubs. See him.
- David posted a list of Voyager character appearances, and it's
also on the Web.
- Joe has all issues of the B5,
Leonard Nimoy's Primortals,
and Gene Roddenberry's Lost Universe comic books.
- David says the next Star Trek movie is due out in November
1996. No contracts or scripts, as of yet.
- David says that there's a Star Trek interactive CD-ROM
Encyclopedia in the works, currently asking for name suggestions.
- Bob S. pointed out the existence of the ST: Interactive Technical
Manual on CD-ROM.
- Max Grode'nchik (Rom) will be on Apollo 13, a movie about
the tragic mission.
- Coming soon: the "Audio Klingon Immersion Studies," learn Klingon
with an exclusively-Klingon-speaking teacher.
- David's miscellaneous web announcements:
The meeting was adjourned at 10:34pm.
Psi Phi Sector 001 /