From: email@example.com (Peter C. Jones)
Subject: Meeting Minutes 04/12/95
Date: Thu Apr 13 15:25:10 CDT 1995
[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order:
The meeting was called to order at 9:00pm by the Captain, Bob Schmanski.
Attendance was taken. In attendance were:
- Jeff Bassuener
- Todd Burns
- Joe Grabowski
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Peter C. Jones (Communications Officer)
- Paul Mulka
- Robert Ray (First Officer)
- Bob Schmanski (Captain)
- Paul Schrenker
- [Late Arrival] Erinn Lineback (Grand Nagus)
The minutes from the previous meeting were read
- About 5 showed up for TekWar.
- Will post to newsgroups (bu.sf-lovers
and bu.movies) this week, if time permits.
- Bobby Ray tried to get an ad in the
but was too late to get it in.
- The movie for this week will be
- After Generations, there were only 68 out of the 176 fliers
printed left (i.e. 108 were distributed). Those fliers are available.
- No Report from Chairman.
- David noted that the #PsiPhi IRC page is
listed in two more indices.
- The president of UIUC's Sci-Fi Club has not responded yet. (Tabled
until there is a response.)
Chief of Operations:
- Recent Web visitations: 1200+ visits to the Rules of Acquisition; visitors from Turkey,
Norway, US Army, US Navy, US Air Force, U.S.D.A., and
- Looking for suggestions for Activities Fair. Talk to him.
- Added 25 press releases and promos from Deep Space 9 Seasons
- Has a new TV Guide
article about Voyager's Doctor--see it after the meeting,
- The dues from Todd Burns brings the current balance to $60.47.
- David said duplicating the posters will cost $10.56 when the bill
comes. That will bring the balance to $49.91.
- Todd Smith has had his status corrected. Todd Burns has been added
to active membership.
- We need a volunteer to fill out the office-space application: Peter
- No chance to check mail.
- Peter asked about the club application/renewal. The Captain
responded: the one we have seems to be for the summer. He will
look into it.
- T-Shirt designs:
- Erinn: Front: Psi Phi symbols on pocket-area. Back: Starfield,
and some planetscape/nebula/something for decoration. Black
and white for lower cost.
- Bob S. has a collection of Psi Phi taglines that he and David
came up with. A Star Wars-style text displaying
those taglines was suggested. Bob will compile those.
"It's Psi Phi, Jim, but not as we know it."
- David asked for clarification: are the
Login Usage Rules part of the
bylaws? Yes, they are.
- Erinn asked why DS9 changed times. David's response:
WYZZ's contract for showing TNG is almost up. Next fall's
9:00pm time slot will contain: Mon: New DS9,
Wed: Baywatch, TuThFriSat: DS9 reruns.
- David said Keith Delande
of the Anaga
has asked if anyone was interested in writing an article about Psi
Phi for the yearbook. No one volunteered.
- David asked if we should have a Study Day (May 3) meeting. The
consensus was yes.
- David wondered if we should have an end-of-semester party? Think
about it; bring ideas next week.
- David mentioned that Jeff B. graduates this semester: he'll be the
first Psi Phi member to graduate. [What an honor. Too bad it won't
be on his diploma.]
- There was a brief request to make bringing up new business part of
the Chief's duties. Nothing came
- David noted that we should start contemplating the time for next
semester's first meeting.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:29pm.
Psi Phi Sector 001 /