From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Peter C. Jones)
Subject: Meeting Minutes 04/19/95
Date: Fri Apr 21 22:52:07 CDT 1995
[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order:
The meeting was called to order at 9:01 by the First Officer, Robert Ray.
Attendance was taken. In attendance were:
- Jeff Bassuener
- Joe Grabowski
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Peter C. Jones (Communications Officer)
- Paul Mulka
- Robert Ray (First Officer)
- Don Wood (CMO)
- [Late Arrival] Todd Burns
- [Late Arrival] Erinn Lineback (Grand Nagus)
- [Late Arrival] Paul Schrenker
The minutes from the previous meeting were read
- 2001 went okay.
- The movie for this week will be 2010.
- Suggestions are requested for the movie after that.
- Requested $3 from the Nagus for 2001 and will need another
$3 for 2010.
- David informed us that ACBU will not make movie decisions until June,
and that you can give suggestions to him and he'll turn them in to
- The page that will go in the freshman welcome notebook is graphically
done, but David needs ideas for informative text before May 1st,
when the page is due.
- The Nagus asked when the poster money mentioned last week would be
needed: not until SAO sends us the bill.
- There is a bot--a program to keep an IRC channel and topic
reserved--for the #PsiPhi IRC channel
(by the name of PsiCop). Thanks to Joel LastNameUnknown for
- We received e-mail from Alberta, Canada's "University of Alberta
Psi Phi Literary Society" showing a possible interest in future
mergers. Will get back to them soon.
Chief of Operations:
- Redoing homepage.
- It was asked why some pictures of
Senior Officers sometimes don't show
up. The pictures' sites are sometimes busy: try reloading.
- Interpretations of Psi Phi's purpose are requested to be added
to the Purpose Page.
- The current balance is $60.47, with the SAO bill still outstanding.
- Don asked about getting money from Swords account, since it might
require much paperwork. The Nagus hopes not, and will try to confirm
or deny this suspicion.
- No Report.
- David asked if he'd gotten the Office Application filled out yet.
Not yet: anyone else want to do it? No, then he'll do it.
- Last night, A&E showed the biography of Gene Roddenberry, which
he taped. It'll be available for viewing if arrangements are made
with him. [It was suggested that the biography be the movie of the
week after 2010.]
- Not Present.
- David checked the mail for the President: there was none.
- T-shirts: Bob S. is in charge still, and cannot update us in his
- Anaga article: still no
volunteers. David pointed out that there have been few
submissions such as this to the Anaga, so getting it in
would be noticed by others. Peter might write it (all
600-700 words) if he has time.
- Party suggestions: Pizza. At final (Study Day) meeting.
Cost $1/person, the rest from club funds. Music. Games
(TNG:Host a Mystery game or the interactive VCR game, etc.).
Card-table/something for central food holding.
- First meeting: For current membership, the first Wednesday of classes
at 9:00pm in Harper/Wyckoff TV Room (if plans change, we'll inform
each other ASAP). The first public meeting will be the second Wed.
of classes, 9pm, Har/Wyc TV Room. [Secretarial note: 23rd and 30th of
- David asked Erinn if she's talked to the Heitz Hall Director
about reserving the TV Room for Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday
nights: not yet. He also informed her that, as was learned
from the Assistant Hall Director, such requests should go
through the AHD.
- Joe asked about the meeting during finals. There won't be one.
- Don asked why there was no vote taken in Old Business about the
amendment: no one had a copy, so it wasn't brought up.
[Secretarial Note: Point of Order not mentioned in meeting:
Actually, the vote would have belonged in New Business, because it
hadn't been business at any club meeting yet.]
- David brought up a lot:
- A TV movie about Grace
Lee Whitney (Janice Rand on the original Star Trek)
Locklear as Whitney is due out soon.
Dorn's new movie Timemaster will be coming
out August 28th. David suggests seeing it as a group. Details
- The next Star Trek movie will be filmed near Christmas of
1995, to be released in time for the Thirtieth Anniversary. It
will not include Q, as his actor is currently involved
in Legend on UPN.
deLancie (Q) convention appearances:
- May 26-28, Tampa, FL
- June 24-25, Chicago, IL
- Aug. 11-13, Bristol, England
- Sept. 1-3, Victoria, BC, Canada
- Joe suggested going to a convention (like in Chicago) next semester.
He'll look at his list.
- Paul S. suggested Psi Phi business cards as a novelty item.
There was a mixed reception of the idea.
- David brought up more:
- There exists a Science Fiction Book Club, and Paul M. gets
bonuses if you mention him as your referrer.
- Psi Phi might want to consider a book and/or video collection.
Paul S. might donate some. Others could donate or lend to the
collection, optionally retrieving them upon graduation.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:54pm.
Psi Phi Sector 001 /