From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Peter C. Jones)
Subject: Meeting Minutes 04/26/95
Date: Thu Apr 27 15:03:43 CDT 1995
[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order:
The meeting was called to order at 9:00pm by the Captain, Bob Schmanski.
Attendance was taken. In attendance were:
- Jeff Bassuener
- Joe Grabowski
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Peter C. Jones (Communications Officer)
- Erinn Lineback (Grand Nagus)
- Paul Mulka
- Robert Ray (First Officer)
- Bob Schmanski (Captain)
- Paul Schrenker
- Don Wood (CMO)
The minutes from the previous meeting were read
- Due to 2010 not
being available, Spaceballs
was shown instead. 2 people watched.
- The movie for this week will be 2010.
- David suggested, and the Chairman agreed to, getting it on Friday.
- The Freshman Notebook page: Chairman has yet to receive any text
suggestions. Suggested at meeting: stuff from posters; weekly
- Activities Fair is on either the Monday or Tuesday before classes.
He'll find out over the summer the exact information.
Anyone who will be here and is willing to table-sit, contact him.
Specifics will be discussed via internet for those with access over
- Another way of accessing IRC is available through telnet (and thus
through the WWW, too). Links to the
appropriate sites are on Paul's
IRC info page. Note: each site has a user limit, so if it refuses,
- David asked if the Chairman could get in touch with PsiCop's maintainer
(Joel LastNameUnknown) to see if he can have it up a bit more
reliably--like even when he's off-line.
- David replied to Alberta's Psi Phi, but nothing back from them.
- David's heard back from UIUC, and will try to respond soon.
Chief of Operations:
- There are three more
Deep Space 9
- Web visits from Latvia, Brazil, Costa Rica, Luxembourg,
Malaysia, Portugal, and Bermuda.
- Now listed in at least ten new lists at various places,
including the Cardiff database for
DS9 and Voyager.
- Changed the way the Psi Phi Home Page looks with a
graphical viewer, but it should look the same from Lynx.
- Recently surpassed 2000 visits/day.
- Our Voyager site has had over 2000 total visits.
- The current balance is $54.47, after paying the movie committee for
the last two movies. Another $3.00 will go for next weeks.
- Cost estimate for next week's party would be appreciated ASAP.
- Don asked if she'd checked on the Swords paperwork yet. Not enough
- The Office Application was completed, signed, and turned in. The
Club Renewal Form was completed by the President, then signatures
were gotten by the Communications Officer, and turned in.
- Those who will have summer e-mail access, notify him, so that those
who don't will not be spammed with outdated Psi Phi mail next fall.
- Mail: A thank-you from ACBU for cosponsoring the event, tentatively
scheduled for Wed, February 28; it'll be confirmed by mid-May.
They'll want our help before and during the even (flyers, word of
- Apologized for last week's necessary absence.
- T-shirts: Bob S. had, with being busy and ill, no time for more info.
Still needs lists of 1-liners from others.
- The Anaga article: Peter hadn't had the time
to write it. It's due before finals. David suggested various people
try writing smaller articles that will be combined. Erinn and Peter
might have the time to work on smaller ones.
- Party summary of decisions:
- Meeting at 7:00pm (by unanimous vote); Sliders and pizza
at 8:00; game (Interactive VCR game) at 9:00.
- $1.00 door charge: covers pizza and drink.
- 6 Papa John's Pizzas: 4 pepperoni, 1 sausage, 1 cheese.
- 2 liter bottles of flavored, carbonated beverages.
- Joe, Erinn, and Robert Ray will do the shopping run.
- Don will order the pizzas the night before, having them delivered
a few minutes before 8:00.
- Robert Ray will get a table from Housing, if he can.
- Bob S., being the senior-most officer, ratified last week's decision
regarding first and second meetings.
- Nothing new from Joe or Bobby Ray regarding convention information.
Won't likely be available until the summer.
- Bob S. called for a vote on the amendment which had been approved
by the Senior Officers two weeks ago, as per the
Constitution. The vote
passed: 9 for, 1 against, 0 abstaining. It was clarified that
an amendment changes the actual text of the
Constitution, although the original
can be kept for historical purposes.
- David's stuff:
- The Student Leadership Recognition Reception is from 5:30-7:30
on Monday, May 1. All clubs' officers are encouraged
to attend. The Reception sounds like it's a formal event.
5:30-6:00 is the initial gathering; 6:00 to about 7:30 is
the awards ceremony itself.
- The Deep Space 9 season finale is a three parter:
parts 1 and
2 are the last episodes of this
is the first of next season. It includes Klingons, namely
Gowron (Robert O'Reilly).
- Erinn has two Star Trek actor sightings: Kate Mulgrew (Capt.
Kathryn Janeway on Voyager) was on Murphy
Brown; Robert Duncan McNeill (Voyager's Lt. Tom Paris) was
a near-victim on Murder She Wrote.
The meeting was adjourned at 9:49pm.
Psi Phi Sector 001 /