From: email@example.com (Peter C. Jones)
Subject: Meeting Minutes 05/03/95
Date: Sun May 7 17:24:38 CDT 1995
[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order:
The meeting was called to order at 7:05pm by the Captain, Bob Schmanski.
Attendance was taken. In attendance were:
- Jeff Bassuener
- Todd Burns
- Joe Grabowski
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Peter C. Jones (Communications Officer)
- Erinn Lineback (Grand Nagus)
- Robert Ray (First Officer)
- Bob Schmanski (Captain)
- Paul Schrenker
- Don Wood (CMO)
The minutes from the previous meeting were read
and approved as corrected.
- 2010 went without any problems: 6 attendees.
- Highlander is the tentative first movie next semester, on
August 27. If someone has it, or can get it over the summer,
contact Joe or next semester's movie
- David suggested a standing rule: rent as early as possible (like
Friday) so that if it's not available, the other members can be
contacted for an alternate.
- The Freshman-Notebook page duplicating cost $25.20. A copy was
- No volunteers yet for table-sitting: Bob S., and Joe both volunteered.
- David added the telnet links to the IRC web
- The chairman has yet to contact Joel about PsiCop.
- Nothing more to or from UIUC or Alberta.
Chief of Operations:
- Web Visitors: Belgium, Chile, Philippines.
- The Voyager page has gotten over 3500 visits.
- Fifteen new promos and press releases have been added to the
Voyager and DS9 pages.
- Links to
week's and next week's episodes
and DS9 this
week's and next week's episodes.
- Collecting information for DS9 in other
- Joe suggested adding links to newsgroups. The Chief is including
such links on the developing "Psi Phi Meta-Index to All Sci-Fi Known
to Terrans": a big index of links (www, gopher, telnet, ftp, news)
to Sci-Fi internet resources. [Not officially announced yet: ie, still
- Erinn suggested a comments page. The Chief'll get right on it.
- Remember to e-mail him if you will not have summer e-mail access,
or with an alternate address if you will.
- Close Account: The Nagus and Communications Officer met with Chad
Everett, who informed us that we'd need a requisition slip for the
final balance. Robert Ray and David joined them afterwards. The
slip was obtained, and needs to be signed, filled in with the final
balance (after duplicating costs), and turned in. The check should
be ready by next week.
- Just squeaked by on funds, after the party and duplicating. Basically
nothing left (a few cents, maybe).
- Suggestion for next year: only put money for duplicating in Swords,
keep the rest someplace else, like a bank (watch out for taxes, before
such an account is opened).
- Might not be returning next semester. If not, bye.
- Apologized for missing the account closure activities this morning.
- T-Shirts: Bob S. was too busy.
- Anaga: Erinn and Peter too busy. Since today
was the deadline, no more chance.
- Party: maybe no game, since Jeremy Banks isn't here. Only 4 pizzas,
due to funds: 2 pepperoni, 1 sausage, 1 cheese. No table.
- Peter and David attended the Student Leadership Recognition Reception
for Psi Phi. [Shame on those officers who did not attend.]
A "Certificate of Participation" was received.
- David made a mistake! The DS9 season finale this semester is the
first, not the second, of a three parter. The second two parts
are next season.
- David had it all:
- William Shatner will be in a new Sci-Fi movie: Dark Room.
- Michael Piller is no longer DS9's executive producer, but is
still on Voyager. Probably due to his work on Legends.
- Sliders has only 10 episodes this summer--3 left, including
tonight's. It will likely be renewed for next season.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:37pm.
Psi Phi Sector 001 /