[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order:
The meeting was called to order at 9:38pm by the Captain, Paul Mulka.
Attendance was taken. In attendance were:
There were 18 attendees.
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Peter C. Jones (Communications Officer)
- Erinn Lineback (Grand Nagus)
- Paul Mulka (Captain)
- Justin Philbrook
- Seth Robison (First Officer)
- Ward Ryder
- Guest: Kris Bachler
- Guest: Jeff Cavanaugh
- Guest: Joshua Chaneske
- Guest: Derek Czaplewski
- Guest: Roger Grunkemeyer
- Guest: Scott Hardie
- Guest: Dave Jarvas
- Guest: Brian Jarzyna
- Guest: Jon Kujanski
- Guest: Steven Noto
- Guest: Maria Rhodes
The minutes from the previous meeting were
summarized and approved. [Communications Officer Note: Sorry for the
extreme summarization. I won't let that happen again.]
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
- Chairman: Ward (gave report). Members: Justin and Seth.
- The committee picks the movies that we show on Saturday
or Sunday. We're open to suggestions.
- Justin: Our movie for this week: Voltron: The Castle of Lions,
the first of the classical Voltron movies. It will be
at 3:30 on Saturday in the Heitz TV Room (on the ground floor).
- We're going to need to get another VCR, since Erinn's won't
be as accessible. Justin volunteered Courtney's.
- Chairman: David.
- Got a flyer to all the people who had signed up (except one).
If they missed any of the new people here, let David know.
Universal Assembly Representative Report:
- Representative: Seth. ("I'm not only Federation Representative,
I'm also the President."--or something to that effect.)
- As a Representative, one of his tasks is voting on approval
of new clubs joining the Federation. We've received one
such application, from the TLC club at Yeshiva University
Chief of Operations:
- The Psi Phi Psidebar is our new monthly newsletter.
Everyone here should have a copy.
- DS9's title theme might be changed again, to reflect
the mood of this season.
- We'll be meeting at 10:30 on Saturday in the Wyckoff TV Room
to watch the season premiere
- The current balance is $40.50.
- Dues are $5.00. We don't force you to pay immediately--you
can arrange to pay and have nearly equivalent status as one
who has paid. But if you arrange to pay, but never do . . .
we'll come after you.
- Income from dues goes to pay for movies, parties, defraying
costs of T-Shirts, and the like.
- After you've paid your dues (or arranged to pay and are not
going to default on us), you may sign the Psi Phi Log
to signify your status as an official Active Member.
- The SAO organizational form copy has been entered into the
- As First Officer, he organizes committees (if need be), fills in
for the Captain, and is captain of the Volleyball team, among
- Mail/Announcement: Our office is in Sisson 431 x3369 with the
Medieval College Society.
- Key list needs to be signed and turned in.
- Mail: Flyer for SABRC funding workshop. (Given to F.O., who's
usually taken care of this sort of thing.)
- Misc. Mail:
- Order form for Federation Chronicles (a quarterly
Star Trek fanzine)
- CCSTSG Enterprises -- non-fiction fanzine for ST
- Oddbalz & Mayhem TV show T-Shirts order form
- Enterprising Women -- magazine "by women, for
women (and their friends)", about women in space-science and
- Office use was discussed: there's couches (we think)!
- David: B5 will
be switching to 11:00pm on Sundays, probably in October when the
new episodes begin.
- David: X-Files will
switch to Sun at 8:00pm starting on October 27. (There will have
been 3 new eps at the old time already.)
- Erinn: This fall, a Superman animated series (ala
Batman) will begin. Sat at 2:30pm on WGN (9 on our cable) will be the
hour-and-a-half premier--but record it, and go to our Movie of
the Week (which starts at 3:30) instead.
- Meeting Times? Wed, 9:30pm. Other get-togethers: DS9, Voyager,
Movie of the Week. [Not mandatory.]
- Mission/purpose? As stated in our Constitution: ". . . to
promote science fiction on the Bradley campus, to seek out new
forms of science fiction, and to share our knowledge of existing
science fiction genres, including, but not limited to, Star Trek
and its spin-offs . . ."
- Misc. Info:
The meeting was adjourned at 10:07pm.
Psi Phi Sector 001 /