[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order:
The meeting was called to order at 9:35pm by the Captain, Paul Mulka.
Attendance was taken. In attendance were:
There were 12 attendees.
- Jeff Cavanaugh
- Roger Grunkemeyer
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Peter C. Jones (Communications Officer)
- Erinn Lineback (Grand Nagus)
- Paul Mick
- Paul Mulka (Captain)
- Steven Noto
- Seth Robison (First Officer)
- Ward Ryder
- Guest: Bill Ballad
- Guest: Patricia Newbre
The minutes from the previous meeting were
summarized and approved.
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
- The Neumiller showing of Strange Days
- This week's is undecided, but suggestions included the Mystery
Science Theater 3000 movie, or one of fifty kabillion Dr. Who
episodes on tape that Erinn has. The movie will be in Neumiller Lecture
Hall at 2:00pm this Saturday.
- Erinn is about halfway done with a response to Alumni Monica Prorok.
Universal Assembly Representative Report:
- Nothing's happened with Sci-Fi Illini
- Frostburg State University's Fourth Dimension club is
interested in becoming a Sector.
Chief of Operations:
- The first 40 daily DS9 repeats will have a special 60-second
"DS9 Chronicles", wherein a star gives some nifty background to the
episode. Said "Chronicles" will be added to the episode's guide page.
- A new "Psidebar" should be available by next week.
- Erinn is in the process of creating a "Folded, Spindled, and
Mutilated Tom Paris Page", describing the ill treatment
received by our poor pilot, and hopefully presenting a Grand
Unified Theory to explain his misfortune. The page, when done,
will be linked from the Psi Phi site.
- The current balance is $70.90. Debts will be repaid after the meeting,
if the debtees have change.
- The database is coming along nicely. The Library is still not yet
restarted (but videos as well as books will be listed).
- Reserving Wyckoff TV Room: since David lives just down the hall from
the Guy in charge of room reservations, he's been assigned the task of
reserving it. However, the form has not yet been created, so we won't
have it "officially" reserved, though the Assistant Hall Director has
expressed his support of our claim to the room even without "official"
- Mail from the Anaga: do we want a group picture? Yes, either sometime
before a movie, or at the beginning of a Wednesday meeting. Wear your
Psi Phi T-Shirts!
Movie Committee, take 2:
- First Contact Away-team
Planning: Nov. 22nd, the Friday before Thanksgiving Break.
- Asked how far in advance they should reserve Neumiller. Answers
varied (1 week, 1 month, all semester). Somewhere between 1 week and
1 month was decided upon.
- David's New Business:
- DS9 Repeat Schedule:
- Monday's new DS9: 9:00pm time is approximate after
baseball. It's episode #100,
so it'll be special.
- UPN TV-movie "Them"
(sort of Sci-Fi) will be on here at 2:30am, Saturday, October 12. If
it's any good, its recording could be a Movie of the Week sometime.
- Voyager: 2 new eps, then two repeats from last season
(Dreadnaught, Death Wish).
- Babylon 5's first new
episode this Fall will be on this Sunday, 11:30pm on cable 13. It
was suggested that we watch it in the Wyckoff TV Room.
Will someone please tape the 30th Anniversary Star Trek special
that is on from 10:35pm to 12:35am this Sunday-Monday on cable
channel 8. [ie, at an overlapping time slot.]
- Early Edition is a fantasy TV show about fixing the
near-future before it happens, and can be seen on CBS (cable 7)
on Saturdays at 8pm Central.
- A new Alien Nation movie was supposed to be shown October 15,
but will be postponed with Coneheads
- October 13: NBC TV Movie: "Night Visitors".
- Sci-Fi channel, Sundays at
8pm: The Flash!
- Time Trax, same channel, time unknown.
- Sid and Nana's baby's name? "Django El Tahir El Siddig"
(see "What's New for
- Gold Ranger to be revealed tomorrow. (Erinn censured because
that was really Old Business.)
- Universal Assembly Representative Election: Seth was nominated
and unanimously agreed upon as Sector 001 Rep. Congrats.
- The theatrical re-release of the Star Wars trilogy should begin
this January (one movie per month).
The meeting was adjourned at 10:11pm.
Psi Phi Sector 001 /