From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Peter C. Jones)
Subject: Meeting Minutes 01/31/96
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 96 12:39:13 CST
[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order:
The meeting was called to order at 9:36pm by the Captain, Paul Mulka.
Attendance was taken. In attendance were:
- Brad Boyer
- Eric Gustafson
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Peter C. Jones (Communications Officer)
- Erinn Lineback (Grand Nagus)
- Paul Mulka (First Officer)
- Monica Prorok
- Seth Robison
- Ward Ryder
- Rich Spiwak
- Don Wood (CMO)
The minutes from the previous meeting were summarized
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
- The movie last week ended up being Zardoz
- The movie for this week will be 2001,
and Ward's German-Trek clips will be show this time.
- Erinn asked if the committee would be taking requests this semester:
- Seth has Ice
Pirates and Tron
available for future movies.
(Reaction to Tron did not seem to favorable.)
- Alumnus Communications:
- Paul Schrenker (pauliwog) sent us a postcard.
- Jay Johnson E-mailed. He might be back in the fall.
There might be interest at Lewis for a Psi Phi Sector.
Chief of Operations:
- Trying to get Bradley's web-search to work with Psi Phi's pages.
Eric might be able to help.
- Looking into creating a newsgroup for the Psi Phi federation.
(In response to the Nagus: no cost for a newsgroup.)
- After recent dues payments, the total went to $90.77.
However, after registering for the volleyball tournament,
the balance is $80.77.
- Stopped by SABRC, but no one was there.
- No Report.
- Asked when his last report was: last week.
- Organized Psi Phi intermural volleyball team: Seth, Monica,
Matt Detzler, and his girlfriend; Ward and Erinn are backup
members. Tournament this Sunday (Feb. 4) starting at noon in
Hausler Hall. All are invited to come root the team on. After
we are done (VICTORIOUS!) we will go to the Movie
of the Week.
- Gave the Volleyball Registration Receipt to the Grand Nagus, who
put it in the Amazing Psi Phi Envelope.
- Mail: Advertisements for Ellen Cleghorne coming to Bradley and for a
Daytona Beach Spring Break opportunity.
- Ward: Wants to see a picture of a beardless David. Eric might be
able to bring one later in February.
- Ward: We could go on a road/field-trip as a group at some time.
We liked the idea.
- Seth: Went to the SABRC to ask about funding of activities. There
is a pre-budget workshop on Tuesday, February 20 from 4-6pm, to
help groups get funding from SABRC. The Nagus is not free to make
it, so Seth will go.
- Eric: Bradley's Computing Services has decided to no longer
provide nameserver service for psiphi.org, which means
that, as of February 1st at about 7am, the internet will no
longer recognize www.psiphi.org as a machine name.
However, all our Web Documents can
still be accessed via the domain www.bradley.edu.
David will look into other nameservers so we can get back
psiphi.org ASAP. Much discussion, including whether or
not having the domain name was worth it, especially considering the
$50 yearly fee. It might be, especially if we can get outside
financial help (such as through SABRC).
The meeting was adjourned at 10:22pm.
Psi Phi Sector 001 /