From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Peter C. Jones)
Subject: Meeting Minutes 02/07/96
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 96 10:45:08 CST
[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order:
The meeting was called to order at 9:34pm by the Captain, Paul Mulka.
Attendance was taken. In attendance were:
- Brad Boyer
- Eric Gustafson
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Peter C. Jones (Communications Officer)
- Erinn Lineback (Grand Nagus)
- Paul Mulka (Captain)
- Seth Robison (First Officer)
- Ward Ryder
- Rich Spiwak
- Don Wood (CMO)
After some confused mistakes by the Communications Officer,
the minutes from the previous meeting were summarized
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
- The movie for this week will, if all goes well, be 2001,
and Ward's German-Trek clips will be shown.
- David mentioned that last week's "movie" ended up being the previous
because Seth's Ice
Pirates tape was not in good condition.
- Seth also has Clash
of the Titans available as a movie (but he will check it first,
before he actually tries showing it).
- No Report.
- Erinn heard from Joe Grabowski
who proposed some sort of on-line get-together.
- More regrettably, both members that were present tonight had just
been near the T-Shirt designs, but neither remembered to bring them.
(There is speculation that the bringing of the design will be
dependent upon the showing of the German clips by Ward.)
Chief of Operations:
- Someone needs to reserve the Wyckoff TV Room for Tuesday nights,
9:00-10:00pm for DS9 and 10:30-11:45pm Saturdays for
Voyager. Seth said he will.
- The Chief is now the official "Keeper of the Credits" for
DS9 and Voyager.
- The current balance is $90.77, after two more dues payments.
- Has had horrid luck whenever she tries to find anyone in SABRC.
- Volleyball Tournament: Thanks to Ward and Erinn, our backup players
who ended up being needed, and to Monica. [Communications Officer
Note: The First Officer was the fourth member of the team.]
We beat the first team and lost to the second--but not without
some great plays by our team, especially Erinn's two consecutive
- Listed our various pieces of mail. There was a letter from the
asking for any Psi Phi information and activity updates,
but other than that there was nothing super-important.
- Erinn asked if there's ever more than one piece of mail actually
directed at us (rather than just advertisements): not usually.
- There was a room change for tonight: we're in Meeting Room 5.
Next week, we'll be in Meeting Room 6 (as per the schedule).
- The "Beardless Dave" picture is still not in.
- Road Trip: a Sci-Fi convention was suggested.
- SABRC: Seth asked other clubs about getting money from SABRC; from
the response, he's not worried about the relatively small amount we'd
be asking for.
- [Comm. Off. Note: Discussion flowed from SABRC back to Road Trip]:
Erinn noted that a regional road trip (2-3 hours) would be feasible
in the short-term, but a long-distance road trip would take much
more planning, and would likely not occur for at least a year.
- Seth also mentioned that in a list of possible speakers to be brought
to Bradley was included Avery
Brooks. We could have our name attached and invite him, if we so
desired. Reaction: it seemed like we did so desire.
- David: Bradley will not provide nameservice. However, Michael
Brown (Vidiot) has agreed to provide that nameservice for us.
InterNIC has been informed of the new nameserver (though it might
take a while for them to process the notification).
- Eric: Congratulated David for arranging that. Computing services
has taken the steps necessary to temporarily keep the domain from
being lost. However, the administration has expressed concerns
about the URL "http://www.psiphi.org/" being used, and it pointing
to the Bradley University
homepage, and would prefer that not happen. Unless a method
could be devised by which that would not occur, they would prefer
that www.psiphi.org not refer to www.bradley.edu.
- Vote: 2 voted to keep the psiphi.org domain, the rest voted
against keeping it. [The Comm. Off. apologizes to those who
thought they were abstaining: the wording of the vote was such
not expressing a vote was voting against.] Therefore, Psi Phi
will not keep the domain. (However, David announced that he will
personally keep the domain, but will soon have it pointing
nowhere, until such time as Psi Phi has the resources and desires
to have the domain again.)
- TV Announcements by David:
Will begin Friday, March 1, at 7:00pm Central.
Luck: Season will end February 23, but it has been renewed
for the Fall.
Gothic (which is not being shown during February)
will be back in March.
The Series has been renewed.
Outer Limits has had two more seasons ordered by Showtime.
- Alien 4:
Was to be called Resurrection. However, they might be
changing the name, freeing that title up for the next Star
- Ward: asked if anyone had recorded this
week's DS9, so that he could borrow the tape.
Yes, David did, and will loan it to him.
The meeting was adjourned at 10:26pm.
Psi Phi Sector 001 /