From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Peter C. Jones)
Subject: Meeting Minutes 02/14/96
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 96 12:18:48 CST
[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order:
The meeting was called to order at 9:33pm by the Captain, Paul Mulka.
Attendance was taken. In attendance were:
- Brad Boyer
- Eric Gustafson
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Peter C. Jones (Communications Officer)
- Erinn Lineback (Grand Nagus)
- Paul Mulka (Captain)
- Justin Philbrook
- Monica Prorok
- Seth Robison (First Officer)
- Ward Ryder
- Rich Spiwak
- Don Wood (CMO)
The minutes from the previous meeting were summarized
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
- Good crowd last week for 2001,
except for he who fell asleep, who had promised
he would watch it all--the liar! To redeem himself, Justin admitted
it was an above average movie.
The German clips were also shown.
- This week, Erinn's Famous Movie: The
Wizard of Speed and Time.
- Thanked Justin for his clever intimidating behavior to rid the TV Room
of basketball watchers for DS9 this week.
- Brought the design! Colors: black T-Shirt with either white lettering
with a light blue comet, or light blue lettering with a white comet.
Color examples of both will be attempted.
Chief of Operations:
- Room Reservation: April 3,10,24--we are in Meeting Room 2.
Theoretically, we will be in Meeting Room 3 all other weeks.
- Pizza brought us down $20, and two more dues paid brought us back
up to $80.77.
- $4 is owed to Ward and will be paid soon.
- Still no luck in reaching SABRC. Decided to camp with a group of
us in front of the office (told like an old-fashioned story) until
life-signs are found.
- David suggested that next time, voluntary donations be given for the
- SABRC: Got a bit more info on getting Avery
Brooks here, then lost it in the washer.
- Will continue to try getting Wyckoff TV Room reserved.
- Has a TV Guide with another Star Trek cover.
- David: Regarding sponsoring speakers: aren't we sponsoring one
this month? Communications Officer: Yes: Robert Hastings,
February 28, Student Center Ballroom, 7:30pm. More than 40% of us
should be there to show our support.
- We've now seen the Beardless Dave! (In fact, many lose
threads--beardless Dave, the T-Shirt design, the German clips--were
rectified this week!)
- Road Trip: no more info.
- Rich and David have contacted Jim Brazell of
CyberDesic, who said that
we could possibly set up a homepage on their site (with certain areas:
shows, newsgroups, club information, and the like).
They would sell advertising on our pages, of which we would get 50%.
Also, there would be no money from us up front, and our URLs would
shorten. (They would take over control of "www.psiphi.org"
from David, and it would be applied to our site there.) If we do
follow through on this, they would like to know if Psi Phi or David
would be keeping the DS9 and Voyager archives (knowledge of which will effect
the setup). Since David has put all the work in it, Psi Phi is willing
to give David control of the archives when he graduates.
- David: Related announcement: presuming we were to move our webspace
to CyberDesic, the 50% of
advertising coming to us could be thousands of dollars!
- David: The most recent Babylon 5
schedule shows that there will be many new episodes during the
next few months, and fewer repeats during the same time than
previously. Also, David has been recording B5 so you can
borrow the tapes.
- David has Sci-Fi books that he would be willing to loan to others. We
could set up a loan-library
from which we could borrow Sci-Fi books. The Communications Officer
was put in charge of the library by the Captain.
The meeting was adjourned at 10:14pm.
Psi Phi Sector 001 /