From: email@example.com (Peter C. Jones)
Subject: Meeting Minutes 02/21/96
[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order:
The meeting was called to order at 9:36pm by the First Officer, Seth Robison.
Attendance was taken. In attendance were:
- Brad Boyer
- Eric Gustafson
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Peter C. Jones (Communications Officer)
- Erinn Lineback (Grand Nagus)
- Justin Philbrook [Early Departure]
- Monica Prorok
- Seth Robison (First Officer)
- Ward Ryder
- Rich Spiwak
- Nate Sullivan
- Don Wood (CMO)
The minutes from the previous meeting were summarized
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
Wizard of Speed and Time was not shown due to a bad VCR and
- Suggested that we try to buy a VCR.
- Seth taped Generation X, which he said was horrible.
- No Report (excuses: too busy, stress, work).
Chief of Operations:
- Other than correcting the First Officer's shortening of his title,
- Paid Ward the $4.00, so the current balance is $76.77.
- SABRC: Seth went to the workshop. A bunch of forms were obtained
(and given to the Communications Officer for safe keeping), and
instructions were given for how to fill out those forms. Two
investment types: performer, and capital investment. The VCR wanted
by the movie committee and the funds for registering a domain name
would fall under the "capital investment" category.
Time table for getting money: figure out what money you want; talk
with SABRC advisor by March 8; submit forms by March 14; in October,
the committee has the three-step approval process.
- Don suggested an alternate fund-raising source: external membership
- Ward suggested we all chip in ~$15 (on monthly payments) for the VCR.
Not many seemed to like that idea.
- Vote to attempt the committee route, while still pursuing alternate
sources: 0 against, 1 abstaining, 11 for. [Communications Officer
Note: The First Officer said "14 for", but there were only 12 there,
and with the abstention, only 11 could have voted for it.]
- Wyckoff TV Room has been reserved for Tuesday nights at 9:00pm and
Saturday nights at 10:30pm. Reservation form now in Communications
[At this time, Justin left early.]
- Not Present.
- First Officer announced mail: Asian Week advertisement.
- Road trip: dropped from the meeting until someone has something.
- CyberDesic: Jim Brazell
has been unavailable, so nothing new.
- Erinn: Yahoo still has some
links to outdated URLs. The Chief of Operations is working on
getting those changed.
- Eric: Our URL on the Student Organizations
Page needs to be updated as well.
- Seth: National Public Radio will be having a radio-series of
Return of the Jedi, with Ed Begley,
Jr. as Han Solo and Ed Asner as
Jabba the Hut. [Both voices, of course.]
- Erinn showed the classic Star Trek Barbie dolls picture!
- Dr. Who movie: Some Tuesday in May; therefore, most likely
it will not occur during our semester, so we cannot watch it
Takei (Sulu in classic Star Trek) will be guest starring
on Voyager late this season.
(Whether as Sulu or not is unknown.)
- Babylon 5: This
Sunday night's episode (11:30pm) is supposed to be a really big
story, good for current and new viewers. He will tape it for
those who do not like its timeslot.
- Peter announced that he's running a mailing list for
Sci-Fi/Fantasy author Stephen R. Lawhead.
The meeting was adjourned (somewhat unwillingly by the First Officer)
Psi Phi Sector 001 /