From: email@example.com (Peter C. Jones)
Subject: Meeting Minutes 02/28/96
Date: Thu, 29 Feb 96 16:05:05 CST
[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order:
The meeting was called to order at 9:38pm by the Captain, Paul Mulka.
Attendance was taken. In attendance were:
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Peter C. Jones (Communications Officer)
- Erinn Lineback (Grand Nagus)
- Paul Mulka (Captain)
- Seth Robison (First Officer)
- Ward Ryder
- [Late Arrival] Tammy Farrington
The minutes from the previous meeting were summarized
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
- Ward cannot make it to this week's movie, so Justin will be in
charge, or Seth. The movie is up to whomever is in charge.
- Peter suggested showing Dark Star
at some time this semester.
- Ward mentioned Dr.
Strangelove, but it's not quite Sci-Fi, according to some.
- Erinn suggested Masters of the Universe as an end-of-the-year no-brainer.
- Ward and Erinn, building off the "no-brainer" end-of-the-year movie
idea, suggested showing three "bad"/fluff/entertaining movies
for our end-of-the-year party.
- Not present. Report relayed through David: No Report.
Chief of Operations:
- The current balance is $76.77.
- Tammy paid dues, bringing us now to $81.77.
- Moved one-timers for this semester to "Guests". Is now forced
to move one back, due to dues payment.
- Check on David Rowe's status. He had paid his Spring '95 dues, so
he should be Alumni rather than Previous.
- Had planned on talking with Justin (about co-showing the
Bride with the Fencing Club) at Deep
Space Nine, but he didn't show up.
- He and/or the Grand Nagus need to meet with our SABRC advisor on or
before March 8. Before that meeting, VCR pricing must be done.
- Apologized for his absence: "Lunch" Rowe and milkshakes tempted him.
- David: No Mail.
- Nothing new on CyberDesic.
- URL's: Some fixed, according to David.
of the Jedi will be on USA on Thursday February 29 at
- X-Files will be syndicated on the cable network
fX in 1997.
- Ward: the actor who played the Greatest American Hero is now on one of the psychic
- The Adventures of Captain Zoom in Outer Space may very
well become a series.
- Batman and Robin--the tentative title for the fourth
Batman movie--may star ER's George
Clooney as Batman, if problems are not ironed out with Val
- New show on UPN:
Sentinel: A cop gets lost in the jungle, where he gains
special powers. He returns to civilization to return to duty, but
now he's "special".
- Sliders will be
back, this Friday at 8p/7p Central on FOX, followed by X-Files.
- Space: Above & Beyond has been renewed for a second
- More UPN
- The movie Star
Command will be on March 11 at 8p/7p Central--it is in
Voyager's normal timeslot.
- For true UPN
stations, Voyager will be shown
Wednesday night [that week--March 13--only]. For other
arrangements of Voyager
broadcast, check local listings for both Star Command and
- Peoria-specific news: Star Command will not be shown on the secondary
WHOI, but Voyager
will air at its normal time. Also, WHOI only has a contract
for three hours of UPN programming
(Voyager, Nowhere Man,
and what was Live Shot)
and will not be picking up any of the other UPN shows, including
- Peter: Star
- Negotiations are done: Jonathan
Frakes will direct.
- A composer has not been selected, but Paramount has produced a
list of composers they would like to score the film.
- A director of photography has yet to be hired.
- The production manager is a Trek veteran; he served in the same
capacity on Star
- "Everyone" at Paramount--including Patrick Stewart--was
"blown away" by the screenplay for the new film. Berman said that
the film's only enemy is "time" (i.e., a short production schedule).
- There will be some location shoots in Oregon and perhaps in Arizona.
- The movie is set for a Thanksgiving release.
- Backwards Text for Semi-Spoiler Protection:
- !!mlif eht rof gorB eht ngiseder ot dehcaorppa neeb sah REGIG
.R.H naht rehto enoN
- .pihs wen eht fo sroiretni eht gnigised krow ta drah si
namremmiZ namreH tub, dezilanif neeb ton sah
- Peter now has the CD Space-Taculars, full of space Sci-Fi themes,
many by John Williams, performed by The Boston Pops.
The meeting was adjourned at 10:10pm.
Psi Phi Sector 001 /