From: firstname.lastname@example.org (Peter C. Jones)
Subject: Meeting Minutes 03/06/96
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 96 10:55:05 CST
[Incoming Transmission from Psi Phi, Office of Communications]
Call To Order:
The meeting was called to order at 9:36pm by the Captain, Paul Mulka.
Attendance was taken. In attendance were:
- Tammy Farrington
- David Henderson (Chief of Operations)
- Peter C. Jones (Communications Officer)
- Erinn Lineback (Grand Nagus)
- Paul Mulka (Captain)
- Seth Robison (First Officer)
- Ward Ryder
- [Late Arrival] Monica Prorok
- [Late Arrival] Don Wood (CMO)
The minutes from the previous meeting were summarized
Recruitment and Relations Committee:
- The movie for this week is undecided, but will most likely be
Warning: Disturbing and intense topics and
presentation (sex and violence) which may bother some. It takes an
in depth view of what may happen with those aspects of society.
- Last week's movie was Krull.
- The Chairman will be distributing an item (to be discussed in
the Chief of Operations report) to the Alumni Members.
- Met! Came up with a Psi Phi
Federation Charter, which has
been brought (in various print sizes) for sector members to view.
Vote next week.
Chief of Operations:
- Is now making a newsletter--The Psidebar of Psi Phi--a
monthly publication. Submit to the Chief any ideas for items in
the Psidebar. R&R Chairman will be sending copies
to the Alumni Members.
- R&R Chairman is recognized by the Captain and
allowed to make an additional entry for his report: Requests
the cash equivalent of three stamps from the Grand Nagus.
The Nagus told him to buy the stamps, and submit the cost for
- Has re-begun the Rules of
- 60% of accesses to www.bradley.edu recently
have been for Psi Phi pages. This unusual circumstance brought
about by Psi Phi receiving 130487/130512
accesses during a one-minute inundation of requests from UNKNOWN
HOST. The cause of these requests, as the host-name signifies,
is not presently known. Typical Psi Phi access ranges from 25% to
- Ward asked the Chief how many more episodes would be in each
series' season, and how many seasons each series would run. Nine
more DS9 episodes this season, seven to eleven more
Each series will likely last seven seasons, though it depends yearly
on the ratings they receive. DS9 is not doing as well as it
did when it started--but that is partially due to the expanding
syndicated market. Voyager
isn't doing as well as its older sibling, but will likely continue
as UPN's flagship
through thick and thin.
- Don paid, so the balance is $86.77. <"Ooooh!">
- In conjunction with the Communications Officer, the following
decision has been made: To remain in good financial standing,
dues must be paid before Spring Break.
- Any people not in good financial standing will have their status
for the semester retconned to Guest/Prospective Member.
- David Rowe's status is still under research: the financial records
have not yet been found. They will be searched for over Spring
- He and/or the Grand Nagus need to meet with our SABRC advisor
by Friday. He will try to price VCRs tomorrow.
- Cyberdesic: Jim Brazell
should have talked to the right person by now, and David will be
contacting Jim later this week.
The Greatest American Hero is now on fX weekdays at 6:00am.
- Passed around a newspaper photo of a woman who wears her
Star Fleet uniform to most formal occasions, including
when she's being considered as a prospective juror.
- Robert Hastings' UFO presentation: 300 people there! Four
Psi Phi members attended: Seth, Monica, David, and Previous
Member Bob Schmanski.
- On a related note, Peter pointed out that the Annals of Improbable
Research has published a list of this
year's scheduled UFO sightings. See him for more info.
- David: Voting for new officers: Are Alumni Members who will be
back eligible for election, despite not currently being active?
Arguments for and against presented: Yes, they are Members in good
standing, by right of Alumni Membership; however, many Active Members
do not know them, and feel that they should be required to be around
again before they could run. Tabled until later.
- Don announced that the New Muppet Show, which will begin this Friday,
will have a "next generation" of the original "Pigs in Space":
"Pigs in Space: Deep Dish Nine".
The meeting was adjourned at 10:24pm.
Psi Phi Sector 001 /